Erie County P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
I don't use Sentinel for programming nor the full data base so I can't be of much help. I have 21 favorites lists that I created using ARC536 two of which are Erie Co P25 Urban and Erie Co P25 Rural. For recording I enable only one of those and Record. I do the same for the other list on a different scanner. As for reception I have no problems with either site at base, using handheld or mobile.

I'm beginning to wonder what's up. I still haven't heard a word of testing. Are you still hearing it this week?

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
Had only a three yesterday and one today so far. I did log a couple of new radios. Total of 63 TGs and 91 radios. Are you positive you are using ID search and not ID scan.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Had only a three yesterday and one today so far. I did log a couple of new radios. Total of 63 TGs and 91 radios. Are you positive you are using ID search and not ID scan.
Yes, it says ID Searching at the bottom. Weeks ago I did hear the 2 Testing TG's that are shown on the RR database page. Is there anything with Location settings or something else that would affect this?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Yes, it says ID Searching at the bottom. Weeks ago I did hear the 2 Testing TG's that are shown on the RR database page. Is there anything with Location settings or something else that would affect this?
Could be simulcast distortion. Even if you're showing full RSSI and the S/Q are very high in analyze mode, that doesn't necessarily mean that the scanner is going to be able to make sense of the transmissions. Maybe try enabling ATT and see if that helps. Sometimes less is more when it comes to simulcast cells. All of this has been discussed many, many, many times over the years, so there's no shortage of threads related to the effect it has on traditional scanners vs something like the new SDS series or a Unication pager.

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed no simulcast distortion at all and I am in the middle of 5 Metro sites. Using HP-2s, 436 & 536 and TRX-2s with Pro96Com with antennas ranging from rubber ducks to a Larsen BSA-450 25 FT above ground. The one thing I do notice is a very slight time difference when they transmit over both site 1 & 2.

Last edited:

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
I rechecked all my settings in Sentinel for my 436 and 536. All looks OK to me. I'll continue trying to listen for a couple days, then switch on the ATT and try it that way.

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
By the time it stopped, about 1445, I logged 1792 transmissions on site 2. Interestingly the same recorded test message is now running on MC fire west 453.95 analog.

terryho

Feed Provider
heard same message on MC fire west...had to lock it out for a while. in fact had to lock out the p25 system..got tired of hearing testing 1001,1002,1003 ect. I did notice the audio , although pretty good was not what I had heard when they were first testing. maybe that is what they are trying to get worked out. anyway good to hear something! attached screenshot of uid log minus time I locked it out.....

Attachments

• 536 uid log.jpg
    536 uid log.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 22

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
Total hits for the day; Site 1 - 196, Site 2 - 1813. I wounder if it was a mobile unit transmitting. At times it would also be on site 1 but always on site 2. Perhaps checking all areas of the county and getting close enough to hit site 1 occasionally.

Last edited:

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
Those are licensed for " DISPATCH MEDICAL EQUIPMENT AND PERSONNEL " and are "PW - Public Safety Pool, Conventional ". They are not turnked, so are not part of this system.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Received the latest update from John Grappy today. Here we go again. Let's hope they stick to the schedule this time. I'll be glad to email the actual Presentation file to anyone who wants a copy. They will be testing 2000 points of interest the week of 8/12. Should be interesting.

"We continue to progress forward towards the implementation of the Next Generation Public Safety Radio System. As you may recall, on Tuesday, August 16, 2016, Erie County announced the contract award to E.F. Johnson as the radio manufacturer for the new radio system to include the infrastructure, subscriber units and dispatch console system. The Next Generation Public Safety Radio System is the second largest capital investment in Public Safety for the protection of our first responders, the citizens and visitors of Erie County. The goal of this project is to migrate the existing County radio system(s) and users to a common platform to provide the most technologically advanced communications system that meets the needs of Erie County in the most cost efficient way and provides for interoperability among all users of the system.

Attached is an electronic copy of the power point presentation, providing the latest radio project update including the train-the-trainer and end-user training dates, times and locations. Erie County, in conjunction with EF Johnson / Mobilcom and our first responders will begin conducting field coverage testing to ensure coverage requirements have been met beginning on Monday, August 12. Per our specifications, a minimum of 2,000 points of interest to include outdoor and indoor coverage testing will be conducted. The field coverage testing will be coordinated by the Department of Public Safety, scheduled to begin on August 12 – 16, 2019 (Phase I).

Train-the Trainer Sessions have been scheduled on August 20 – 22, 2019, to be held at the Department of Public Safety, 2880 Flower Road, Erie, PA. In the best interest of our first responders, there will be three (3) train-the-trainer sessions, per day to ensure your availability to attend. (Please see the attached document, slide 8 for more information).

The Train-the-Trainer Sessions will provide instruction on the following topics:
Operation of P25 Radio System
Five (5) Zone Configuration
Talk Groups
Subscriber Equipment (control stations, mobiles, portables radios)
Operational Procedures
Law Enforcement Radio Procedures Manual
EMS / Fire Radio Procedures Manual

Regional End-User Training Sessions will be conducted over a five (5) day period beginning on September 9 – 13, 2019, to be held at various locations throughout Erie County. In the best interest of our first responders, there will be four (4) training sessions, per day (one, per zone) to ensure your availability to attend. (Please see the attached document, slide 10 for more information).

The End-User Training Sessions will provide instruction on the following topics:

Operation of P25 Radio System
Five (5) Zone Configuration
Talk Groups
Subscriber Equipment (control stations, mobiles, portables radios)
Operational Procedures
Law Enforcement Radio Procedures Manual
EMS / Fire Radio Procedures Manual

Emergency services personnel are encouraged to attend one of the end-user training sessions on the operation and functionality of the new radio system. No advanced registration is required; the venues were selected to accommodate a large number of our first responders to conduct the training sessions. You will have an opportunity to discuss the next steps towards implementation of the new radio system moving forward.

Please extend an invitation to anyone that may have been omitted from this email distribution list in error.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at my office or email.

John R. Grappy, ENP
Director"

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
Another reading from Madam Kathy's crystal ball. I assume the training will be conducted at her community college.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
They are supposed to be to be testing EPD, EFD, and Emergycare today. Anyone hear anything?

terryho

Feed Provider
Lots of testing today, I have only been around radio for couple of hours today so haven’t heard everything! I see they have been testing since about 9am. So lots of hits. I see only TGID 101 and 104 active. I am wondering what UID number is, maybe radio I’d number? I also heard a couple of their head people there quit on Friday so maybe things are not going to smoothly?

Status
Not open for further replies.