Erie County P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Just to keep in touch with Mike M., I asked about getting the talkgroups. His reply:
"We are taking the list of talk groups from the radio template. It is quite extensive… probably 60 or so. We will make up a spreadsheet showing the talk groups per agency/entity.

Once completed, I will send it to you."

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
I have logged 56 TGs and 57 radios as they are programming/testing the new radios. A couple of radios show as data only with no TG.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
I have logged 56 TGs and 57 radios as they are programming/testing the new radios. A couple of radios show as data only with no TG.

I haven't listened much lately. Are those TG's ID'd as any particular agency, or just as "testing"?

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
Other than the single digit radio service TGs there is only 1 that I can give a tentative ID at this time.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Anyone still hearing any voice testing? I kinda lost my enthusiasm after all the delays/excuses......

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
Heard some today for the first time in a week or so. I will check the logs latter to see if they are setting up more new radios.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Just to keep in touch with Mike M., I asked about getting the talkgroups. His reply:
"We are taking the list of talk groups from the radio template. It is quite extensive… probably 60 or so. We will make up a spreadsheet showing the talk groups per agency/entity.

Once completed, I will send it to you."

Received an update from Mike. They are still working on the TG list.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Saw this article. Wouldn't it be nice if our officials thought this way about encryption of PD comms?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 36

terryho

Feed Provider
Saw this today, does this mean we might be hearing some radio testing. Can’t imagine accepting a system without it being tested with radios? Sure haven’t heard too much radio traffic for some time now.

Over the next couple days the team will be hard at work while we conduct system acceptance testing for the Next Generation Radio System!
Erie County Department of Public Safety

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Saw this today, does this mean we might be hearing some radio testing. Can’t imagine accepting a system without it being tested with radios? Sure haven’t heard too much radio traffic for some time now.

Over the next couple days the team will be hard at work while we conduct system acceptance testing for the Next Generation Radio System!

Those look like they may be different radios - the new ones maybe? I'll listen this week and see if they're on.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber

According to Mike the talkgroups aren't finalized either, so how do you test?

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
There has been extensive testing the last few days. I have logged 63 Talk Groups and 86 radios, with new radios showing a few at a time.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
There has been extensive testing the last few days. I have logged 63 Talk Groups and 86 radios, with new radios showing a few at a time.

Wow, that's impressive! But I heard nothing this afternoon. I know it's set up right, as I have heard the Testing TG's previously. Can you ID users for the TG's yet?

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
Are you using any of the tools available on the X36 radios, Analyze, Discovery or Record? I recorded over 80 transmissions on both the Rural and Metro sites today. I have one very tentative association is all.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Are you using any of the tools available on the X36 radios, Analyze, Discovery or Record? I recorded over 80 transmissions on both the Rural and Metro sites today. I have one very tentative association is all.

No, so far just listening. Guess I can get more into it now that they are actually doing something.

terryho

Feed Provider
Haven't been listening much, busy streaming the regular activity. will have to turn on the system and listen more; Then check the recorder and UID logging. Most people I know aren't very confident the system will be up any time soon. But who knows maybe they have a plan!

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
My scanners are strangely silent. Haven't heard a word from this system all week.

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
You've got a problem! Yesterday I recorded 47 transmissions on site 1 and 247 on site 2. If I remember correctly you had a favorites list for each tower which is a waste. You only need two, one for site 1 Urban and one for site 2 Rural. Unless you have one of the county radios and would know haw to access the feature you don't know which tower you are receiving anyway. Make sure you program ID search not ID scan. Today has been quiet as will be the weekend too. You could at least run a site in the analyze mode and check signal strength and quality. FWIW I am getting 5 bars for site 1 on my 436 with factory antenna in my living room now.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
You've got a problem! Yesterday I recorded 47 transmissions on site 1 and 247 on site 2. If I remember correctly you had a favorites list for each tower which is a waste. You only need two, one for site 1 Urban and one for site 2 Rural. Unless you have one of the county radios and would know haw to access the feature you don't know which tower you are receiving anyway. Make sure you program ID search not ID scan. Today has been quiet as will be the weekend too. You could at least run a site in the analyze mode and check signal strength and quality. FWIW I am getting 5 bars for site 1 on my 436 with factory antenna in my living room now.
full database

I do have ID Search on for both scanners. On my 536 I'm getting 5 bars, Also, I'm getting 3/4 of a bar on S, and a full bar on Q. Nothing showing for A. This is for both sites. My favorite list is the RR one for this system from the full database.

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
I don't use Sentinel for programming nor the full data base so I can't be of much help. I have 21 favorites lists that I created using ARC536 two of which are Erie Co P25 Urban and Erie Co P25 Rural. For recording I enable only one of those and Record. I do the same for the other list on a different scanner. As for reception I have no problems with either site at base, using handheld or mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.