Funny/Odd things heard on the scanner

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Dispatch: Please respond to (address), 4 to 5 shots fired.

Officer: Central, did you say forty-five, or 4 to 5? (it sounded to me like she said forty-five)

Dispatch: 4 to 5 (spoken very, very slowly LOL)

Officer: 10-4 Central, that's what I thought. Just wanted to be sure.

:D

Padovani

Our local dispatch center is one of the most straight-laced I've ever heard. Everything is done "by the book". So, it was doubly surprising when I heard this a few years ago.

Officer: "One to run by name"
Dispatch: "Go ahead".
Officer: "Last name Flanders, first name...I AM NOT KIDDING...Ned."
LONG pause...
Dispatch: "Okily-dokily!"

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Dispatch: Please respond to (address), 4 to 5 shots fired.

Officer: Central, did you say forty-five, or 4 to 5? (it sounded to me like she said forty-five)

Dispatch: 4 to 5 (spoken very, very slowly LOL)

Officer: 10-4 Central, that's what I thought. Just wanted to be sure.

:D

In Marine Corps Com-Elec School, They told us to not to say "4 to 5 vehicles" because the other end might hear "425 vehicles". :)

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Lawrence Township, NJ action today:

PD, FD & Animal Control all dispatched for a lady who called and said her cat was stuck in a tree. We can all rest easy: the cat was rescued!
That's funny, I'm familiar with Lawrence dispatch and it's pretty quiet for the most part. Most departments in my area when they get a call like that they say call the ACO then clear it out.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

I always have my scanner going when I'm at work at night, and although most of the local PD traffic last night was for fireworks, one transmission gave me a chuckle. An officer was dispatched to an escalating "domestic situation." The caller's mother-in-law was refusing to leave the caller's house, and she wanted her removed immediately. I guess the officer had had enough of a long night of fireworks calls, because he replied in a rather sarcastic / bored / tired tone, "10-4. More fireworks."

NWI_Scanner_Guy

This is one you don't hear everyday.....

Dispatch: caller states he's at Lincoln & Pulaski; he's stranded and has no way back to Chicago. Be advised that he says he is only wearing a black plastic garbage bag.

Officer (after a longer than normal pause): teeeeeeeeeen-4. En-route.

o_O:D

krokus

Premium Subscriber
This is one you don't hear everyday.....

Dispatch: caller states he's at Lincoln & Pulaski; he's stranded and has no way back to Chicago. Be advised that he says he is only wearing a black plastic garbage bag.

Officer (after a longer than normal pause): teeeeeeeeeen-4. En-route.

o_O:D
Not that my Chicagoland geography is the strongest, but isn't that intersection in the city?

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
One my dad recorded many years ago on a countywide broadcast of a armed robbery suspect.
Subject is described as either male or female, no further details. Last seen on foot in an unknown direction.

Should have been easy to find.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

Well, this one was a little bit different....

Dispatch: Respond to ### 155th Place. Caller states his black GMC truck was just taken from in front of his house.

Officer: 10-4

>> about five minutes pass <<

Officer: Central, you can show me 10-24 at this location. The father and daughter were fighting because he wouldn't let her use the truck. Seems the mother said it was okay to use it. I informed the caller that if one parent said she could use the truck, it was NOT (emphasis his) theft.