Hi all Psr400 vs BCT15x

Status
Not open for further replies.

VegasMike

Premium Subscriber
Hi already have a PSR500, I'm now looking for a cheaper desktop base mobile model scanner and for the price I'm torn between the psr400 and the bct15x I live in vegas, I'm trying to find out which unit will provide me with the best overal coverage and features, I also have read that the psr400 doesnt support pc control, although the bct15x does, thanks and also if anyone knows any key features that one has the other doesn't please list thanks. Also info regarding rebanding would be wonderful

VegasMike

Premium Subscriber
Comparison

I've conducted a comparison between the two models, how ever data doesn't necessarily cover preference.

sjlamb

I've conducted a comparison between the two models, how ever data doesn't necessarily cover preference.

Sorry.... however, my post and the links provided were in direct response to your specific request for information regarding "best overall coverage and features", "any key features that one has the other doesn't", PC control and rebanding; all of which are fully explained within the Wiki. The original posted didn't ask for opinions or preferences of others.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Sorry.... however, my post and the links provided were in direct response to your specific request for information regarding "best overall coverage and features", "any key features that one has the other doesn't", PC control and rebanding; all of which are fully explained within the Wiki. The original posted didn't ask for opinions or preferences of others.

Gotta agree with Steve above.

VegasMike-
Good to have you here at RR.com! I have to say that we can't help you with preference. What I prefer is gonna be different than what you prefer. This is a decision that has to be made by you based off which radio has the features you want. You are more than welcome to post in your state forum below as someone more local to you might be able to let you see a BCT15x or PSR400 in person which may help you make your decision.
Hope this helps!
Marshall KE4ZNR

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Hi VegasMike!,

Welcome to Radioreference:cool:. I have merged your two threads and moved it to the General scanning forum. Please try not to cross post your question in multiple forums.

Guys, take it easy on the new members please.

Thanks so much:)

Last edited:

VegasMike

Premium Subscriber
I've never been on a forum where people felt they needed to argue instead of helping each other out that's very nice. I understand you would like people to do there own research which I have done, although you don't need to attack me, does it really matter if I ask for personal thoughts about each unit in the original post or not.

Thanks to all of you whom were helpful, and to those whom were not.

Status
Not open for further replies.