I bought the RSPdx got a few questions.

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
So i just bought the RSPdx and i'm a newbie when it comes to really understanding everything but what would i use the three antenna inputs for? i basically just listen to the local police and ems type stuff between 150 to 450mhz will either antenna input work or do i have to use a certain input?
Also right now i have a Noolec LNA that i have connected at my outside antenna will i not need that with the RSPdx or does it have one built in?
I also have a 88-108 mhz fm filter thats connected at my antenna, with the RSPdx does it have a built in fm filter and would i have to remove the one i have and use the built in one. and if it does have a built in LNA and FM filter and i wanted to still use my RTL-SDR dongles with it will the built in LNA and FM filter work on the dongles?
Thanks everyone i have a lot of questions i know but please try to keep answers simple so i can understand it.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
what would i use the three antenna inputs for?

From SDRplay:

It contains three antenna ports, two of which use SMA connectors and operate across the full 1 kHz to 2 GHz range and the third uses a BNC connector which operates up to 200MHz.

I also have a 88-108 mhz fm filter thats connected at my antenna, with the RSPdx does it have a built in fm filter and would i have to remove the one i have and use the built in one.

Right off the datasheet:

Code:
FM Notch Filter:
>30dB 77 – 115MHz
>50dB 85 – 107MHz
>4dB 144 – 148MHz

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
From SDRplay:

It contains three antenna ports, two of which use SMA connectors and operate across the full 1 kHz to 2 GHz range and the third uses a BNC connector which operates up to 200MHz.

Right off the datasheet:

Code:
FM Notch Filter:
>30dB 77 – 115MHz
>50dB 85 – 107MHz
>4dB 144 – 148MHz
Thanks. does the RSPdx work with linux?

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
I've tried a bit with my RSP1A, and it takes some playing around. Look into SoapySDR + SDRPlay's API on Linux.
Have you used sdrplay devices with sdrtrunk? if so what do you think about it's performance?

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Have you used sdrplay devices with sdrtrunk? if so what do you think about it's performance?

I have; had no problems. Ran it for weeks at a time without any issue on a very active and busy system, I think only once the API crashed and I had to restart.

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
I have; had no problems. Ran it for weeks at a time without any issue on a very active and busy system, I think only once the API crashed and I had to restart.
ok great to hear.. i am running the RSPdx with 2 dongles i have the rspdx set to 8mb sample rate and i don't think you can manually change the bandwidth of a channel can u? also i am locked onto P25 channels that don't trunk track i guess it's called it's just one signal P25 phase 1 and all the traffic comes over that one channel i guess my question is are they p25 channels like that like a conventional type or something?

Also i wish sdrtrunk did NXDN48 i'm having to run dsdplus on another computer to do that i love dsdplus FL but for the P25 stuff sdrtrunk sounds better i think.

I tried setting my preferred tuner to none and letting sdrtrunk choose where to put each device but that didn't work out to good.

In the user preference section under tuners it says "SDRPlay RSPduo Selection Mode" what do u set yours to? mine is on dual tuner. are u using the nightly version? i couldn't get the other versions to detect my RSPdx

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
ok great to hear.. i am running the RSPdx with 2 dongles i have the rspdx set to 8mb sample rate and i don't think you can manually change the bandwidth of a channel can u

Not entirely sure what you mean by this. You’re using 2 dongles AND the RSP? What do you mean by channel bandwidth?

There’s some bandwidth options for analog channels but not digital. P25 signals have a set bandwidth size.

also i am locked onto P25 channels that don't trunk track i guess it's called it's just one signal P25 phase 1 and all the traffic comes over that one channel i guess my question is are they p25 channels like that like a conventional type or something?

Yes, conventional, not-trucked P25 is a thing.

In the user preference section under tuners it says "SDRPlay RSPduo Selection Mode" what do u set yours to? mine is on dual tuner. are u using the nightly version? i couldn't get the other versions to detect my RSPdx

Mines the RSP1A, so it doesn’t utilize those options.

The compatibility issues are that older builds of sdrtrunk will not work with the newer SDRPlay API - if you consult the changelogs for each release on GitHub they indicate API compatibility.

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
Not entirely sure what you mean by this. You’re using 2 dongles AND the RSP? What do you mean by channel bandwidth?

There’s some bandwidth options for analog channels but not digital. P25 signals have a set bandwidth size.

Yes, conventional, not-trucked P25 is a thing.

Mines the RSP1A, so it doesn’t utilize those options.

The compatibility issues are that older builds of sdrtrunk will not work with the newer SDRPlay API - if you consult the changelogs for each release on GitHub they indicate API compatibility.
Ok gotcha i'm new to some of this so i'm learning.. maybe you can help me with this in dsdplus FL in the FMP24.bat file i seen someone else on here put this FMP24 -i1 -o20002 -f452.2625 -b12.5 -P0 -q1 -g37.2 -_1 -wsl000.00 in the file... what does -q1 and -_1 and -ws|000.00 do? what does it mean.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Ok gotcha i'm new to some of this so i'm learning.. maybe you can help me with this in dsdplus FL in the FMP24.bat file i seen someone else on here put this FMP24 -i1 -o20002 -f452.2625 -b12.5 -P0 -q1 -g37.2 -_1 -wsl000.00 in the file... what does -q1 and -_1 and -ws|000.00 do? what does it mean.

All of these are program launch arguments that enable different settings, such as the windows location, input device, and initial frequency for FMP24 to sit on. You can find it all documented in the DSDPlus text files included with the program, along with other/more possible settings and arguments.

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
All of these are program launch arguments that enable different settings, such as the windows location, input device, and initial frequency for FMP24 to sit on. You can find it all documented in the DSDPlus text files included with the program, along with other/more possible settings and arguments.
Thanks

Wolle80

Danke. Funktioniert RSPdx mit Linux?
Hi,

Yes!

Today i installed sdrserver from sdrconnect on my raspberry pi4 and it work so great!
Now can i open sdrconnect from any pc in the house. Hope a android app is planned :)

greetings

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
Please confirm you are using a RTL-STR dongle when you launch FMP24.bat. If you were using your SDRplay device, you should use FMPP-CC.bat

Also, the gain of 37.2 is too high.