Iowa Statewide Interoperability Communication System (ISICS)

mws72

Premium Subscriber
I noted that Clinton PD now has two fully encrypted TG's, 23507 and 23506. RID's were consistent with normal PD radios. Also, I noted that a fire department (not sure if it was county or City) was using 23515 for drills.

Just FYI.
Well things have circled around. Back when CPD were on 37.100 in the mid-70's they ran simple voice inversion. A former Jackson Co deputy said whenever they went to code it would piss off the dispatchers in other counties who had to listen to it.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
4171 is listed in the database as TIP REC. However I am hearing it in Davenport. I believe it it is Eastern Iowa Light & Power CO-OP as i did hear them on it last year,

MCWKen

4171 is listed in the database as TIP REC. However I am hearing it in Davenport. I believe it it is Eastern Iowa Light & Power CO-OP as i did hear them on it last year,
4171 has also been noted on the Clinton site as well in the past week or so. I have them blacklisted, so do not actually listen to them. Originally, I had only heard them on the N. Scott site, and they had mentioned substations on the TIP territory, thus my assumption and submission.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
4171 has also been noted on the Clinton site as well in the past week or so. I have them blacklisted, so do not actually listen to them. Originally, I had only heard them on the N. Scott site, and they had mentioned substations on the TIP territory, thus my assumption and submission.

That's cool, However my source says it is Eastern Iowa. not sure why they were talking about TIP's substations unless they were helping in that territory..

MCWKen

I have a question. in Clinton, there is a County owned site; 2-23. I have noticed that some talkgroups are for some reason, excluded from that site. Is this common for non ISICS sites?

One example was the other day, when an incident just outside City limits, was linked to IA TAC2. Hearing it sent to that TG, I heard nothing on the Clinton site, so tuned to DeWitt, and indeed there it was. That was not the first time where other sites were broadcasting IA TAC2, and not Clinton. I would assume if affiliation were the only reason for a TG being active on a site, that might have satisfied my curiosity.

But it appears IA TAC2 (ect.) is broadcast even when the actual units in an incident, were far outside the normal range of a tower. I also considered that ISP units do scan many TG's, but was not sure if that would show as an affiliation per se.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed several chases in the western part of the state on TAC 2 was carried on the Scott/Muscatine Site.
it is possible that certain talkgoups are excluded from some sites. I would think though if the incident happed in the same county it should of been carried,

MCWKen

I have noticed several chases in the western part of the state on TAC 2 was carried on the Scott/Muscatine Site.
it is possible that certain talkgoups are excluded from some sites. I would think though if the incident happed in the same county it should of been carried,
That was my same observation in which IA TAC 2 was used by several agencies outside the reach of either DeWitt or Scott County north (Scott/Muscatine) but not broadcast on Clinton. I also noted however, TG's such as R5 Call51 is broadcast, despite not being in Region 5.

Thanks.

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
Two questions for anyone. First of all, does anyone know what TG 4400 is? Its nearest neighbors numerically are 4309 Camp Dodge and 5001 DPS Call 1A. I've been hearing them somewhat often on the Rock Rapids tower and I believe I heard them say "Rock Valley." They talk about trucks by number like "truck x" (can't remember any number used) and there is a dispatch called "control." This makes me think it's something having to do with the national guard or other military ops.

Second question. It's been a long time since I've heard anything on the Sanborn tower. I seem to still be receiving the control channel but haven't heard any traffic in months. I'm guessing I'm missing something, but does anyone have any info on that? For instance, is it still working? Has anyone else heard anything on it recently? It seemed to coincide with a computer issue that I had, so I guess I wondered if that was connected (i.e. it's my issue rather than the system's...)

tfhphoto

Premium Subscriber
Two questions for anyone. First of all, does anyone know what TG 4400 is? Its nearest neighbors numerically are 4309 Camp Dodge and 5001 DPS Call 1A. I've been hearing them somewhat often on the Rock Rapids tower and I believe I heard them say "Rock Valley." They talk about trucks by number like "truck x" (can't remember any number used) and there is a dispatch called "control." This makes me think it's something having to do with the national guard or other military ops.

Second question. It's been a long time since I've heard anything on the Sanborn tower. I seem to still be receiving the control channel but haven't heard any traffic in months. I'm guessing I'm missing something, but does anyone have any info on that? For instance, is it still working? Has anyone else heard anything on it recently? It seemed to coincide with a computer issue that I had, so I guess I wondered if that was connected (i.e. it's my issue rather than the system's...)
I'm trying to track this one down. I think it is NIPCO, but not certain enough to submit it. Also hearing related traffic on 4401 and 4402. Home | Northwest Iowa Power Cooperative | Le Mars, Iowa

mws72

Premium Subscriber
I have been running unitrunker on ISICS for the last week after a period of some time. I have noticed some unknown RIDs around 15001045. They do affiliate with Clinton Co Fire 1. I haven't seen any other tgs in their history. Any idea who these could be?

MCWKen

I have been running unitrunker on ISICS for the last week after a period of some time. I have noticed some unknown RIDs around 15001045. They do affiliate with Clinton Co Fire 1. I haven't seen any other tgs in their history. Any idea who these could be?

That would be one of DeWitt's ambulances. They range in that group, including 15001045. BUT...........the service is provided by Genesis, and they can change rigs or portables. For example, 1754's rig is 15001050, but the portable is 15001053. RID 15001045 was out on 5/2 at 16:22, as one of the two DeWitt rigs.

Also, Andover Ambulance is close to the same range of RID's, but for the life of me cannot find one instance in my logs.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

MCWKen

I also meant to add another note on Clinton County....well sort of. Preston Fire was paged for Mutual Aid in Clinton Co. To my surprise, they used Clinton Co FIre `1 (TG 23531) using RID 2327000. Not in the range of any Clinton County FD's.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Ok, that's makes sense, I was wondering about Genesis- DeWitt Ambulance. Interesting thing in the Quad-Cities we have an EMS Alert TG (58289). Where the computerized announcement for all EMS calls are heard for all depts and agencies covered by the SARA. DeWitt's also heard. I know last year MedicEMS requested a TG on ISICS, but have not heard anything more.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
I also meant to add another note on Clinton County....well sort of. Preston Fire was paged for Mutual Aid in Clinton Co. To my surprise, they used Clinton Co FIre `1 (TG 23531) using RID 2327000. Not in the range of any Clinton County FD's.

I see that that there are none in that range 2327xxx in my record. It might be a patch to 154.205 until they get ISICS radios.

MCWKen

I see that that there are none in that range 2327xxx in my record. It might be a patch to 154.205 until they get ISICS radios.
I am in the process of taking from my logs, a range of Clinton County's RID's by agency. There are restrictions as some have showed up on encrypted TG's. I did also note that there are different RID's used by each console on each TG, but keep in the range of 2399xxx.

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to track this one down. I think it is NIPCO, but not certain enough to submit it. Also hearing related traffic on 4401 and 4402. Home | Northwest Iowa Power Cooperative | Le Mars, Iowa
For whatever it's worth, I would agree that it's electricity distribution. I just heard some traffic that sounded like that -- which switch to lock and tag and so forth, so it's probably NIPCO, Basin, WAPA, or one of the RECs or something like that. Quasi-government agencies. Obviously it can't be commercial power like MidAmerican since it's a gov't-owned system, right? I take back my "military" thought. Obviously I hadn't listened long enough.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
I am in the process of taking from my logs, a range of Clinton County's RID's by agency. There are restrictions as some have showed up on encrypted TG's. I did also note that there are different RID's used by each console on each TG, but keep in the range of 2399xxx.
I have finally heard a DeWitt squad on Sheriff Law-1, That leaves me to think that TG4270 might be DeWitt PD as that is totally E.
For some reason I rarely hear anything on other TGs but see a lot more on the unitrunker display.

MCWKen

I have finally heard a DeWitt squad on Sheriff Law-1, That leaves me to think that TG4270 might be DeWitt PD as that is totally E.
For some reason I rarely hear anything on other TGs but see a lot more on the unitrunker display.

DeWitt officers are in the RID range of 2302401 to 2302412.
Camanche officers are in the RID range of 2303301 to 2303314.

Both Camanche and DeWitt have used in the past, TG 23516 which is encrypted. Last noted on 03-27-23. Also, both departments still have, and use on a rare occasion, the old VHF frequencies.

Unsure who is using TG 4270, however the RID's are 15000081 to 150000104. Since 15000104 is the most recurring, it is probably the control operator. Since it is encrypted, hard to tell who it actually is. I can also say, from my logs, 4270 rarely shows up on Clinton's site. There has also been odd RID's as 15000009 and 15000034 noted back in Oct/Nov on that same TG.

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
So, no definitive answer yet, but I just thought I'd tell you what I've been hearing. They seem to be "out at" three different locations that I've heard so far. 1. "Le Mars" 2. "Eagle" 3. "Prairie Rose." I have no definite info here, but "Le Mars" could definitely be NIPCO. "Eagle" -- I know MidAmerican has a substation called "Eagle" near Rock Valley. "Prairie Rose" -- there is a Prairie Rose Wind Farm just into Minnesota on 75... Not sure if that's related...

tfhphoto

Premium Subscriber
So, no definitive answer yet, but I just thought I'd tell you what I've been hearing. They seem to be "out at" three different locations that I've heard so far. 1. "Le Mars" 2. "Eagle" 3. "Prairie Rose." I have no definite info here, but "Le Mars" could definitely be NIPCO. "Eagle" -- I know MidAmerican has a substation called "Eagle" near Rock Valley. "Prairie Rose" -- there is a Prairie Rose Wind Farm just into Minnesota on 75... Not sure if that's related...
I just heard a unit ID as NIPCOxxx calling control on 4200.