Status
Not open for further replies.

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
I think at this point I'm right where I want to be with my shack. It is primarily monitoring with only a little bit of DMR.
Here is the lineup.

Top Right and Top Left - BCD996P2's monitoring different local digital P25 Phase II systems that are NOT Simulcast.

Center Left - SDS200 monitoring One Local P25 Phase II Simulcast System

Center Right - BCT15x monitoring VHF/UHF Systems of Comm Air and Mil Air, Misc. Federal Govt, International Space Station, and back up for my agency.

Bottom Left - XTL5000 and Bottom Right - XTL2500 both analog UHF Primary for my Agency and some local Ham Repeaters and Florida SARNET.

Top of Cabinet an XTS3000 portable used as a base for another backup for my agency. It is not unusual to have 4-6 frequencies locked in when it gets busy.

Side of Cabinet Speed Clip - XTS5000 my agency, "grab and go". Thanks to Rich Carlson for this idea.

Windows 10 Dell PC with 3 monitors and running ProScan Virtual Control on the right monitor.

Not Pictured - 2 RTL-SDR Dongles running SDR Trunk. It's running on the top PC screen in the picture. The same P25 Phase 2 Simulcast system as the SDS200 and SDR Trunk picks up way more than the SDS200, not even close. The 2 Dongles are using a 4 inch Motorola Portable 700-800mhz rubber duckie. 1 RTL-SDR Dongle running misc. VHF/UHF analog stuff. 2 BC125AT's running through a Windows 7 PC for my Broadcastify feed.

All scanners, the XTL's, the XTS3000, and the one RTL-SDR Dongle are run through an Electroline 8-way cable preamp at +7db per port, then into a Single Port pre-amp at +15db then a 25 foot RG-6 run up to 2 antennas in the attic one discone and one 700-800 Yagi preceded by a comet duplexer. The BC125AT's are in a closet running through a +11db pre-amp with the Win 7 PC and run off their own telescoping antennas.

The cabinet is an 8U Wood Rack bought off of eBay, and ALL the plates come from Colin at Alberta Radio Supply on eBay as well. His plates are awesome and quick shipping.

Attachments

• Shack2a June 2021.jpg
    Shack2a June 2021.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 308
  • Shack June1a 2021 - Copy.jpg
    Shack June1a 2021 - Copy.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 305

Listen365

Premium Subscriber
Really well done. I am very interested in your set up. Nice and clean organization.😏😄

Status
Not open for further replies.