Kentucky Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4RWM

Paris, Ky here.
Wife and I usually listen to the comedy channel on our Pro2021. What freq is that you say? Its155.250, the Paris Police dept sponsored comedy routine can be heard there 24 hours a day! Poor souls, they need mapquest to find Wal-Mart. Seriously.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
KV8OOA: Welcome to the family, we're a fun group always trying to hear more.... and figind figure out obscure trunked systems used for Derby festival... if I can help you,let me know....
collier

N4RWM

unitcharlie said:
KV8OOA: Welcome to the family, we're a fun group always trying to hear more.... and figind figure out obscure trunked systems used for Derby festival... if I can help you,let me know....
collier
Thank you sir!
Latest comedy routine last night was dispatch sent 2 units to check on 2 hispanics who were supposedly intoxicated, and lying on the sidewalk. One of the units was sitting in McDonalds parking lot, one block from where he was being sent. He ask dispatch for directions to the address. Seriously.
Another call was a officer stopped a SUV full of people suspected of DUI, with Tennessee tags. Driver told officer he had a warrant out of OKlahoma, and no drivers license. 3 of the 6 people in the SUV had no id, but because they appeared "OK" he told them to leave the county and never come back. ALL 6 OF THEM!!! Did not even issue a ticket for the no op license.

btlacer

KI4SJU/ Fire Captain/ EMTFR
Henderson Here!

I live in Henderson County and monitor all of emergency services in Henderson. Since I am a member of two local VFD's. I also Monitor Southern Indiana and Western Kentucky. I Try and Monitor HF but don't have much luck doing that. I also chat on the local 2 meter repeater in Henderson and surrounding area repeaters.

Happy Listening,
KI4SJU

Bearcat 780 XLT
Yaesu FT-2800
Icom -F121
Radio Shack- DX-394

BigDog-911

Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum. There is so much valuable information as well knowledgeable people.

If you need anything give someone a holler.

Enjoy....

D

crcarter

Greenup County here.

I'm retired Ashland PD and now work for a small state law enforcement agency. Travel all over the state, but try to stay east of I-75 as much as possible.

Listen to Law Enforcement and Dept. of Highways when on the road (so I can avoid tie-ups)

Listen to 911 at home when I hear a siren. Also, have railroad and industrial in my grab and run bag. I live right on the Russell CSX yard, and am less than 5 miles from DuPont, A. K. Steel, Aristech and a bunch of other bad chemical places. I also listen to the mil-air and air band since I live in the approach path of DWU.

Currently using a PRO-2096, PRO-2006, PRO-163, PRO-96, PRO-43, PRO-37, BC72XLT & RE2000

burner781

I live near South Shore in Greenup County. I listen to the local ham repeaters and PS. Not a real active spot to monitor but at least when they dispatch police runs I usually know the people.

Using an Icom R5, Motorola Sabre IIE, Uniden BC890XLT, BC895XLT

dwh367

I monitor from Owensboro a couple of days a week (on my days off) while at my girlfriend's apartment. I mainly scan the public safety talkgroups of the city EDACS system, the conventional public safety frequencies for Daviess County and also the the 2 meter and 70cm repeaters in town.

For the Public Safety frequencies, I use a Radio Shack PRO-97. For the 2 meter and 70cm frequencies, I either use my Yaesu FT-60R, Icom IC-T7H, Icom IC-T8A or her Icom IC-H16.

rick10

Hello

I monitor from South Woodford Cty. UnidenBC796d, Pro92, and old reliable 2021.

benjaminfs733

Welcome to the boards and RR website. We are glad you have joined us. Please take some time to look around and let any of us know if you need anything.

SCPD

QRT
I monitor the following counties: Shelby, Spencer, Anderson, Henry, Oldham, Franklin, Jefferson and KSP 4, 5, 7, 12, and 15.

SCPD

QRT
Thank you sir!
Latest comedy routine last night was dispatch sent 2 units to check on 2 hispanics who were supposedly intoxicated, and lying on the sidewalk. One of the units was sitting in McDonalds parking lot, one block from where he was being sent. He ask dispatch for directions to the address. Seriously.
Another call was a officer stopped a SUV full of people suspected of DUI, with Tennessee tags. Driver told officer he had a warrant out of OKlahoma, and no drivers license. 3 of the 6 people in the SUV had no id, but because they appeared "OK" he told them to leave the county and never come back. ALL 6 OF THEM!!! Did not even issue a ticket for the no op license.

Wow... I find that hard to believe...

AJ4JM

Another one from Jefferson County.

Good Afternoon,

The name is Steve and my call is AJ4JM - I live in the Iroquois park area between New Cut and Dixie highway. I am into airband and railroad monitioring, and as well, shortwave (utility monitoring) and ham radio. Not active on the air right now, (HF transceiver shortage at the moment) although I do listen in quite a bit. My shack has the following equipment - much of it is going to be sold soon to buy an Icom 7200 - that will solve that "on the air problem at the QTH!"

Radios (home)
Icom IC-R75
Icom IC-R8500
Icom PCR100 - and Asus EEEPC - use it for ACARS.
2 Pro 2055's
2 Pro - 433's
Galaxy CB Base

Handhelds
Yaesu VX-170
Icom IC-R20
Pro-97
Pro-137

Mobile (truck)
Yaesu FT7800R
Icom 703
Cobra WXST75
Icom 2200H

Antennas at QTH
Shortwave - (2) PAR EF-SWL
Scanners - Workman Discone

Truck - 102" Whip for 703
Diamond 2m/440

And last but not least, a Solarcon 10/11 meters for the Galaxy Base! Worked great on 10 - 20 meters with the 703's internal tuner when I had it inside the house - talked to a ham down in Florida on 10m QRP on that antenna. Also feed it through an antenna switch into the 8500 for a decent vertical shortwave antenna

BigDog-911

Hey Steve, welcome to the board. I am a neighbor of yours right around the corner. I live off Gagel. You find alot of great information and people on here. If there is anything I can do to help ya out, let me know.

Doug

Montym

Beaver Dam, KY for last 5 years and Henderson Ky f
Hey guys,

I'm brand spanking new to the digital world. I live in Beaver Dam, Ky and hope to monitor local police, fire, and KSP post 16, 2 and 4.
I just ordered a Pro- 2096 and a Antenna Craft ST2.

I don't have a clue what I've got into with the programming.

I've been monitoring on a BC700a for over 10 years. Past EMT, rescue and fire volunteer.

Hoping to learn more from you guys here and enjoy the scanning.

Monty

Status
Not open for further replies.