KCoax

Premium Subscriber
Some KSICS towers have some of the KCMO side of MARRS frequencies. Current scanners do not associate the NAC with the system in P25 trunk mode. If you are within reach of the KCMO MARRS towers then your scanner will be scanning KCMO MARRS and probably not the KSICS tower that is listed on the scanner. So the scanner might be displaying KSICS Topeka but it is actually scanning the KCMO MARRS and is picking up on one of their frequencies or control channel. I don't believe the KSICS Olathe, Paola, or Parker towers share any KCMO or CASS MARRS frequencies. FYI if you are scanning with the full database.

Redneck0410

Including the COW vans, I believe there was only 27 or 28 unique control channels for the 84 sites on KSICS (not counting the alternates). I only program the primary control channels and I get traffic just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeuser

The Wretched
Including the COW vans, I believe there was only 27 or 28 unique control channels for the 84 sites on KSICS (not counting the alternates). I only program the primary control channels and I get traffic just fine.

Yeah, IIRC, the E & W Vans run in the 700's. The towers in the 800's. The reason I mentioned it was because some of the older radios (ex: Uniden BC296D) are quite limited. My plan was, well is, rather... to get all the unique freqs & program them in to the unit & ID search & call it good. I can handle 28, TY 4 the info!

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
Looks like AMR has a channel 688. They were taking a call in Mound City. Not sure if it is main dispatch channel. Disregard that post. I found it in the database.

Last edited:

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Looks like AMR has a channel 688. They were taking a call in Mound City. Not sure if it is main dispatch channel. Disregard that post. I found it in the database.

They have it mislabeled as "Johnson County" in the database, but it is definitely a confirmed dispatch group for Linn County. Johnson County units use the 600 series. Linn County, on the other hand, uses 800 series identifiers.

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
They have it mislabeled as "Johnson County" in the database, but it is definitely a confirmed dispatch group for Linn County. Johnson County units use the 600 series. Linn County, on the other hand, uses 800 series identifiers.

I see the database has been updated. Thanks for the info.

khphighwayman

Premium Subscriber
Atchison Tower

Theres a new site in the city of Atchison thats seperate from the tower in Huron to help in town coverage on portables. Anybody have a control channel frequency yet?

Redneck0410

Theres a new site in the city of Atchison thats seperate from the tower in Huron to help in town coverage on portables. Anybody have a control channel frequency yet?

You could search the 800 band, lockout the tower in Huron, and see if you get a hit.

talkpair

You could also watch the Huron control channel with either Pro96Com or Unitrunker, then look at the adjacent site list for sites not yet in the database.

scorpionsattack

Premium Subscriber
First post. I have learned a lot so far from reading through many of the posts on this site. Much of this is new to me as I haven't used a scanner for years.

For those that follow Butler County, do they stick with their primary and alternate control channels as listed in the database, or do they tend to rotate among some of the other eight frequencies listed? I am using a RS PRO-197 scanner as a base unit at the house in Augusta, and am in the process of programming it using the PSREdit500 software. I currently have both the primary and alternate CC's entered in for Butler and surrounding counties. The only groups I'm interested in listening to at the moment are within Butler County with the exception of small number of TG's such as Air Medical based out of Wichita and KHP F1 Troop.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be back in the state for a couple of months, so I can't test my .bin file to see if I have everything set up properly until then. I was hoping to have it all working, with minimal if any issues, at the time I do the initial upload to the scanner.

Redneck0410

First post. I have learned a lot so far from reading through many of the posts on this site. Much of this is new to me as I haven't used a scanner for years.

For those that follow Butler County, do they stick with their primary and alternate control channels as listed in the database, or do they tend to rotate among some of the other eight frequencies listed? I am using a RS PRO-197 scanner as a base unit at the house in Augusta, and am in the process of programming it using the PSREdit500 software. I currently have both the primary and alternate CC's entered in for Butler and surrounding counties. The only groups I'm interested in listening to at the moment are within Butler County with the exception of small number of TG's such as Air Medical based out of Wichita and KHP F1 Troop.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be back in the state for a couple of months, so I can't test my .bin file to see if I have everything set up properly until then. I was hoping to have it all working, with minimal if any issues, at the time I do the initial upload to the scanner.
Welcome to RadioReference. Just program the control channels only and the scanner will figure out the rest. I have the entire KSICS system on my scanners and it follows flawlessly.

-Shawn

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

tpredmore

Any update on Crawford County?

Word is that Crawford County, Kansas and agencies located in that county will not be using the KSICS System anytime soon. The agencies in Crawford County are in the process of Narrowbanding before the Jan 1, 2013 deadline. The only agencies I'm hearing on the West Mineral KSICS tower are KHP Chanute and Labette County Sheriff's Department. I'm located in Pittsburg, Kansas and work at the Pittsburg State University Police Department. Below are links to several local newspaper articles talking about new radio equipment purchases for the switch to Narrowband. If I can help with anything else in my local area let me know.

FIRST IN PRINT: County approves radio purchases - Pittsburg, KS - Morning Sun

FIRST IN PRINT: City picks winning radio bids - Pittsburg, KS - Morning Sun

County waits for radio equipment - Pittsburg, KS - Morning Sun

frazpo

Crawford County Sheriff is patched into it somehow. I hear them on the West Mineral tower also.
Im right across the stateline in Jasper County.

Atchison County Kansas

How long will it take for the database to update with Atchison new talk groups. Since we switched over to To the state 800 system?

Thanks
Dustin

Blind_Shadow

Feed Provider
Probably as soon as some one has been able to scan the freq's in the area and they have been verified and then sent to support to post. That would be hopefully someone that lives in the Atchison area.

Sometimes it can take awhile to accurately figure out what the freq's belong to and connecting ID's.

The hard part can be figuring out what the new talk groups ID's belong to.

Takes time.. as soon as someone gets that info and pas it on, it will be posted. :)

Gmod12

Premium Subscriber
I have my 2 HP-1's currently scanning the new Atchison system. Hopefully in the next day or 2 I'll have TG's. With very little radio traffic it may take longer.

compubandit

Anyone have any idea what towers Anderson County/Garnett would be on primarily? Waverly, Parker, Burlington, or ? Are they encrypting or in the clear? I've picked up dispatch talking to an EMS unit on NE PSAP but no local talk groups are listed except the 1 event group. Any help would be greatly appreciated.