Maryland FIRST 700mhz TRS

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if the Leonardtown Barrack is up on FIRST yet. Can anyone in STMC confirm?
Leonardtown is patched in but no active users. I believe all NCR/Southern Barracks are being patched to FiRST currently but no live users on the talkgroups yet.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Forestville ain't on either they're still sharing with College Park. It sounds like it's patched from the county system
I'm not sure if Forestville will ever come back to their own discrete talk group.

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
Some interesting chatter happing right now on TG 8115 via the Montgomery Simulcast Site. Manly 3 guys constantly reporting where they are. One states he’s near the Key Bridge, another on New Hampshire Ave and Rt.108 and the last one in St. Mary’s headed south on Rt.5. They keep talking about how impressed they are with the First System. They also say “this is good for servalance” and to “becarful on what you say on here” My guess is this is radio tech’s but I also see they have their own TG’s and are encrypted and would already know it’s limit's and performance. It’s also 12:28 am as well.

Radio ID I saw
1. 2532726
2. 2125115
3. 2516130

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
That would be Tac 2 for the eastern shore they are talking on. I wonder who they are and I do not think they are radio techs but it could be 3 different pd or federal agents who are out looking for people who are wanted at that time of the morning. I just do not know. One of those Radio ID numbers falls within the montgomery county radio ID's that I have seen while monitoring MCPD or it could be 3 different undercover units who are on the hunt for those wanted.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The MD Tacs are meant for interoperability between different agencies, and are typically assigned by MDEM. Not sure why these guys were on it chatting away.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Unless they did not know that those TG were usually assigned my MDEM and were yacking trying it out for the heck of it .. mabe thy heard one of the guys call radio check and one answered and then the third jumped in as well. Things that make you go hmmm. i guess I will have to start monitoring MD 1st tac and event TG's at 3am to see what is going on..

maus92

Premium Subscriber
District 3 Shops are Upper Marlboro (34), Laurel (33), Fairland (32), Kensington, and Gaithersburg (30). D3HQ in Greenbelt, not sure if there is a shop there as well. My guess it is either the Fairland or Gaithersburg shop,

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
District 3 Shops are Upper Marlboro (34), Laurel (33), Fairland (32), Kensington, and Gaithersburg (30). D3HQ in Greenbelt, not sure if there is a shop there as well. My guess it is either the Fairland or Gaithersburg shop,
Whoever they are, they are pretty annoying to listen to. Delete !

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
I’m curious to know if we will hear all three barracks's (LaPlata) (PF) and LTown all the time no matter where you are in Southern Maryland.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Depends on where where field units are and what talk groups that they are affiliating with. But in general, if you are monitoring the PG cell, you will likely receive the Prince Frederick and Charles barrack talk groups - as well as other surrounding county barracks talk groups. Maybe the Leonardtown barrack from time to time.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Sitting in the Wawa parking lot in Cape St Claire, I’m watching traffic on the Kent simulcast and noticing tg 7526 is busy. Any ideas? It’s in the DNR range, unencrypted.

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
So with all of the “Zones” up and running now, I was wondering what would be the next steps moving forward for the team ? I’m sure when Zone 5 went live they kicked back and had a nice glass of champaign 🤣