Status
Not open for further replies.

Lon_prepper

Hello, I am new to ham radio (I'm getting my license at the end of this year hopefully). I've been looking into mesh networking as a possible proposal to my club for ARES and I was wondering if there are any cheaper radios that I could buy that run on the 13cm band, if anyone could give insight and/or links that would be greatly appreciated!

mapleradio

Hello, I am new to ham radio (I'm getting my license at the end of this year hopefully). I've been looking into mesh networking as a possible proposal to my club for ARES and I was wondering if there are any cheaper radios that I could buy that run on the 13cm band, if anyone could give insight and/or links that would be greatly appreciated!

Ubiquiti is really the choice for ISM band. They do offer a few radios that work in the 13CM band but they are currently unreliable.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
A quick, Google search for "Ontario amateur mesh" turned up quite a few systems in southern Ont. If you contact them, you should be able to get all the help you need.

Here in Manitoba, we just use a bridged system. Lots of individual 2.3 Ghz rooftop installations with 5.9 Ghz links back to the rooftop of a high rise building in Winnipeg that we occupy.

Another brand to consider is MicroTik. We use some of their equipment as well... Pretty good quality.

Lon_prepper

A quick, Google search for "Ontario amateur mesh" turned up quite a few systems in southern Ont. If you contact them, you should be able to get all the help you need.

Here in Manitoba, we just use a bridged system. Lots of individual 2.3 Ghz rooftop installations with 5.9 Ghz links back to the rooftop of a high rise building in Winnipeg that we occupy.

Another brand to consider is MicroTik. We use some of their equipment as well... Pretty good quality.
Thank you for your response, I will definitely look into it!

Status
Not open for further replies.