MHP Back on Air?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
At the hairdresser's, past the liquor store.
Here's my observations over the last couple of months. District 8 Troop K had been using MDOT Enforcement R3 TAC for what sounded like dispatch. I hear Biloxi come up on there all of the time. And I've been hearing MHP STATE WIDE coming in on the towers down here for the last few weeks, and I've never heard that talkgroup before then. Those have been in the clear as well. Glad to hear they're dropping E.

MHP District 4 - Troop F, New Albany; Dispatch & units in the clear on MSWIN TG 14200, Alfa Tag MDOT R1 Tac.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
The ONLY SO in D1 that would complain would be Copiah. Hinds DGAF, and Rankin and Simpson have always had a commonlaw that MHP had access to. Warren always had one too on VHF. Yazoo as far as I know is in the whatever class lol. City of Jackson never worked well with MHP thanks to Stokes.

MississippiPI

Premium Subscriber
They have common law yes and the troopers that work those areas also have that sheriff's dept talkgroups in their radio. It appears the problem is the sheriff's dept aren't able to monitor MHP. There are nine counties I believe in Troop C. I have heard some of the problems were more in the rural areas of the state.

Be safe

flametamer

The ONLY SO in D1 that would complain would be Copiah. Hinds DGAF, and Rankin and Simpson have always had a commonlaw that MHP had access to. Warren always had one too on VHF. Yazoo as far as I know is in the whatever class lol. City of Jackson never worked well with MHP thanks to Stokes.
Yazoo SO units have no direct communications with MHP. They have to rely on their county dispatch to relay info.

Dt

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Someone is special. MHP dispatch for Troop C Dispatch (ACTUAL TG) is still E and will be for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.