MHP Back on Air?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRadioGuru

I listen to MHP Troop C everyday in the clear on TG 13204 which is labeled as district Y Car to Car on MDOT-E Group.
Yes you can, but ALL other MHP districts have returned to non-encrypted traffic on their main talkgroups. District 1 should be back open very soon from what I've heard!

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Only Dispatch and State Wide will be clear, all others will remain Encrypted. Motor Carrier AKA MDOT-E Tactical and primary MHP District Dispatches will remain patched for the time being until they unscrew themselves with the programming set up. Eventually MS will learn how a radio system works, and MHP and the other LEA's can learn why there are District/Regional Even t/Mutual Aid TG's. Why things work in most other states and not in MS is still beyond me.

Last edited by a moderator:

dosboot

Yes, I understand all others are encrypted but can you explain how what you mean by “they will learn how a radio system works”
I need a little clarity on that statement, hope I don’t sound rude, I honestly want to know.

INDY72

With an system specifically designed for interoperabiltiy, there are talkgroups set up for that purpose. If an agency needs to work with another agency, that is what these are for! XX Sheriff's Office wants to work with MHP, then MHP and that SO go to the mutual aid/interop TG. The SO has no need to have MHP TG in its radios. If they intended for the other agencies to have MHP, then this would have been set up in the codeplug's and MHP would have set up an agreement for this, and when they went encrypted, then the keys would be shared with those other agencies. That is how it works. If the LEA's want to truly have interop, then they will train everyone on the system to use it properly. Look at LWIN, when Orleans Parish decided to take most of its public safety encrypted, SO, NOPD, and other surrounding agencies that needed to have access all had to reprogram thier radios so they can talk and all be encrypted. Look at AWIN, with Little Rock and North Little Rock and ASP. They have an interop TG, and have it set up where its E on the LRPD side but still can talk to ASP and so on. Here in Indianapolis, ISP has access to our system and has the keys for the systemwide encrypted tacticals if need be, as well as we have the SAFE-T in our radios and have access to the Statewide Mutual Aids. Its all just proper training and willingness to use the systems right. Seems MS folks can't figure this out, and think they are special or something. When the MSWIN was set up I had finally high hopes for MS getting its poop together, should have not had that idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

SkinnyFirefighterMS

I understand all MHP is encryption, but I want to know which troopers' districts are open to listening? I'm in the area of Troop D in greenwood., I don't know if they are encryption or not because I don't have my RTL-SDR yet.

slhbeard

Premium Subscriber
Troop C in Jxn is still encrypted. If you have a scanner capable of receiving phase II you will hear them at times on MDOT car to car, does your scanner pick up phase II.? Friend if mine is trooper in D
Troop C in Jackson is no longer encrypted. I am listening to them right now on Troop C dispatch channel.

QuietPlease

...I'm trying to listen.
Database Admin
I went ahead and updated the database to show partial encryption for the dispatch channels. I chose to change it to partial encryption instead of no encryption since they obviously have the capability, they're just not using it at this time. Fingers crossed it'll stay in the clear.

INDY72

At least until they get it figured out how to add a District Tactical TG, and folks in MS learn how a interoperable system really works and stop being backwards brained on this stuff. When they set it up MHP SHOULD have had it District Dispatch, District Private/Car to Car, District Ops, maybe even Ops 2 etc...

Hammerguy69

At least until they get it figured out how to add a District Tactical TG, and folks in MS learn how a interoperable system really works and stop being backwards brained on this stuff. When they set it up MHP SHOULD have had it District Dispatch, District Private/Car to Car, District Ops, maybe even Ops 2 etc...

How do you know that they don't?

Hammerguy69

And they do have the 40 Special Event talkgroups for interoperability. Heard several LE units on a couple of the lately doing stakeouts and possible roundups.

Status
Not open for further replies.