Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilAirNJ

10:00 EST Getting my own private airshow flyby thanks to NAOS19 02-1098 Hex AE1170 C17A

Two passes right at my windows facing southwest at 3225 feet
Terry Thanks again for sharing both your online feeds. I listen all the time. Would you be willing to post your SDS & BCD536 files here So I can upload in my scanner.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Terry Thanks again for sharing both your online feeds. I listen all the time. Would you be willing to post your SDS & BCD536 files here So I can upload in my scanner.

No worries- let me get myself organised so I can send them. I have to pull the ones from the SDS200 in PA over the remote connection so it might take a bit longer

Hbright

Quite a delay between the time it landed and when I heard Loudoun dispatch units which is when I posted.
OT but MWAA’s Batt Chief didn’t request additional resources (Loudoun and Fairfax) until about 45 mins after initial dispatch.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
No rush! Very much appreciated!

Yeah you may find the feeds offline periodically - I am updating some of the favorite lists to eliminate comms that interfere with the more interesting stuff (as suggested by others previously). Additionally - I need to update some descriptions that we have determined are incorrect based on previous data.

I always to do this when a site is not active with a lot of traffic. PA site is more active when Wilmington or Rehoboth CAPs are in play.
NJ site - I try to sneak in some changes as possible.

A Diamond D130-J discone was added to the roof (when I installed my new Windom antenna for HF). I have connected that discone to the NJ feed since Giant Killer comes in much stronger on the ground side then previous antennas. Of course - I am kicking myself for not installing it sooner. One more tripod on the roof to reconfigure and everything will be within reach without standing on a small step ladder while on the peak of the roof. I even adding a safety rope to the roof so I do not fall off. Of course, the first thing that happened using it was I tripped over the rope !!

Discone is hard to see because of the neighbors roof color but it is better than the 60 foot tree that was in the yard next to me.

1677773340411.png

mdmonitor

1215- Louie 83 (KC-46 # 20-46072) & Louis 84 (KC-46 #21-46060) working way back to WRI doing some random AR (378.85)

1219- Some MD ANG A-10C doing some CAS training (271.4/228.1)

1220- Steeljaw 01 (E-2D VX-1) & Bloodhound 601 (E-2D NWTS NAS Point Mugu CA) working in Atlantic Test Track (345.1)

1225- Deed 162 (C-17 # 07-7175) & Deed 172 (C-17 # 06-8166 3rd AS) off DOV heading south in close trail formation.

1230- Inky 07 (E-6B # 162784) off PAX heading south.

1235- Scan 04 (CRJ-7 N804X NGTF) working on discrete (275.2)

Last edited:

MilAirNJ

Yeah you may find the feeds offline periodically - I am updating some of the favorite lists to eliminate comms that interfere with the more interesting stuff (as suggested by others previously). Additionally - I need to update some descriptions that we have determined are incorrect based on previous data.

I always to do this when a site is not active with a lot of traffic. PA site is more active when Wilmington or Rehoboth CAPs are in play.
NJ site - I try to sneak in some changes as possible.

A Diamond D130-J discone was added to the roof (when I installed my new Windom antenna for HF). I have connected that discone to the NJ feed since Giant Killer comes in much stronger on the ground side then previous antennas. Of course - I am kicking myself for not installing it sooner. One more tripod on the roof to reconfigure and everything will be within reach without standing on a small step ladder while on the peak of the roof. I even adding a safety rope to the roof so I do not fall off. Of course, the first thing that happened using it was I tripped over the rope !!

Discone is hard to see because of the neighbors roof color but it is better than the 60 foot tree that was in the yard next to me.

View attachment 137489
I saw you adding a few channels this morning on your Jersey Feed! I haven't been able to access your PA feed in a few days though

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
I saw you adding a few channels this morning on your Jersey Feed! I haven't been able to access your PA feed in a few days though

Yes I was and the PA feed was down since I removed the KPHL ATC channels from the CAP group and put them into a separate file.
The PA feed is working now and I just connected to it via the URL link on my browser here in NJ. Appears to be working okay on my end.

Terry

MilAirNJ

mdmonitor

From tape this morning 1008 local sounded like BULL-11 and MAPLE-11 323.300>281.450
saying FL280 direct Beaufort on ZDC Sea Isle.

in 1990 a movie premiered authored by a Insurance Agent in Maryland.. LOL.
Mark

Agree. Great film.

I got to meet Clancy twice. First time at US Naval War College (I was a student) when Red October was just released (Oct 1984). The second time was about 15 years later at a book signing here in Annapolis.

Fame does things to a person. In 1984 was he humble and friendly to chat with. 15 yrs later he was very business-like. no nonsense, & arrogant.

I still have his first 6 books signed by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.