Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Gonna get interesting around KMTN Martin State in the next few days. NOTAM published today shows AIR NATIONAL GUARD RAMP, BASE-WIDE EXERCISE IN EFFECT. USE OF GIANT VOICE AND SMOKE FOR SIMULATION. From March 2 at 630AM L until March 5 at 6PM Local.

Anybody heard of "giant voice"? Is it just a P.A. system?
Some information on Giant Voice is here

mdmonitor

Checked on that CG training earlier today. Seems CG 6579 flew down to ADW area and did training with Blackjack 1 then stopped at ADW. After short stop, took off heading back to ACY. Heard 6579 say to Blackjack, let's stop at ADW and I'll hand over the box to you but didn't pay much attention to that at the time.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
My guess is that once & if Martin State loses their A-10s the 104th FS will become some sort of unmanned acft support unit
Rgr that.. Andrews will get some F-35's someday but would be redundent for Martin State basing.
Maybe Martin State could get some of those new future E-7 Wedgetails?
Nver made sense for me anyway why most of the E-3's are out at Tinker when most of the times they are
always heading for Europe.. Save some fuel out East here :)

The Duke MOA busy tonight and tomorrow..

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Checked on that CG training earlier today. Seems CG 6579 flew down to ADW area and did training with Blackjack 1 then stopped at ADW. After short stop, took off heading back to ACY. Heard 6579 say to Blackjack, let's stop at ADW and I'll hand over the box to you but didn't pay much attention to that at the time.
Did 6579 - land anywhere first to pick up the box ?

mdmonitor

MIGHTY's & KILLER's & DEMON's are up (F-15's Barnes AFB, Mass.) heading to W-105
338.1>> 254.375>> 281.5 >> 307.9 >> 259.9 >> 259.0 >> 264.85 >> 305.25 >>290.3
DEVIL's & OBIE'S are up in W-107
255.0 >> 298.6 >> 339.725
Bob

Are you sure about Obie callsign? Could it possibly have been Hades? Obie would be new callsign for NJ ANG guys. I have an OBI callsign listed for the Barnes guys

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Bob

Are you sure about Obie callsign? Could it possibly have been Hades? Obie would be new callsign for NJ ANG guys. I have an OBI callsign listed for the Barnes guys
Ron, I also have it as Barnes. They all went up at the same time and I only heard it once. I think the Barnes aircraft said it by mistake.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Three attack balloons (well parachutes now) and a giant extraterrestrial alien standing next to the Cape May Canal. Where is Orson Welles when you need him.
Guess I'm dumb but can you explain what we are looking at?

Short vid of possible new RR engines for the Buffs.. pretty cool looking.

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Guess I'm dumb but can you explain what we are looking at?

Short vid of possible new RR engines for the Buffs.. pretty cool looking.
Of course......from this link

You can see all current balloons that are aloft and those that have landed - if you click on a balloon it will show details on the left side including frequency

1677717626305.png

Status
Not open for further replies.