Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Is Terry's feed active? I've been listening but not hearing any audio.
While I was outside most of the morning and afternoon - the feed from Villas is operating normally. Just not as busy today as usual.

The PA feed is down - the radio is offline and the SBS aircraft tracking software is not connecting to the computer. A trip home this week is on the schedule to troubleshoot and reboot everything.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
While I was outside most of the morning and afternoon - the feed from Villas is operating normally. Just not as busy today as usual.

The PA feed is down - the radio is offline and the SBS aircraft tracking software is not connecting to the computer. A trip home this week is on the schedule to troubleshoot and reboot everything.

Thanks for the update

Mark

Premium Subscriber
AR-20E Has 5 hour Res for early tomorrow morning 0830z-1330z... That 5 hour window is typical for the E-4B.
Looks like change of plans as that AR-20E Res removed for now...

The USS Teddy Roosevelt back into San Diego today... That is one loaded deck :)

Couple of Oceana squadrons on there. VFA-34 and VFA-211 all from CVW-11

Last edited:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Elon spin. Still an unscheduled disassembly. Good that the Starship didn't disassemble the pad this time.

Actually the test flight was more successful than expected. Technically the FTS on both vehicles worked correctly since it was updated. Both components (the booster and the starship itself) blew up when difficulties were encountered. Once the hot staging portion of the flight was successful (the separation of the star ship from the booster) - everything else that occured was just gravy datawise.

jsoergel

Dracos win distinguished Flying Cross.

Personal account from one of the mission pilots:

At one point, they were making plans to ditch off-base because the crowds on the runway were preventing them from landing.

vgames15

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have a shortlist of frequencies for tomorrow’s AF1 visit? Are HMX-1 freqs applicable? I have everything set for Chambers.
I have logged these being used by HMX when they come to ILG 273.950 265.800 277.175 143.825. The AF uses 292.800 when talking between the backup plane and AF1 at ILG. Hope this helps

Mark

Premium Subscriber
NOBLE-11,12 heard in CAP this morning with NOBLE-11 asking Huntress on 260.900
about that they will be replaced later with SLAM's.. Assume the Mass F-15C guys.
Strange CAP. NOBLE-11,12 bugged out at 0745 and SLAM 1 and 2 from Barnes
took over for just an hour or so before rtb Barnes and NOBLE-21,22 took over at 0915 local.
Maybe the tanker was late so they did some quick shuffling..
Tanker is up now ADVICE-21.

Watch out for Champa Boom down MacDill.. LOL

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Tanker is up now ADVICE-21.

None showing on ADSBx right now, ADVICE 21 19-46068 out of KPSM. Next up Advice 22 60-0346 AE065F K35R out of KMTC, they were also Advice 12 yesterday. Wonder if same cap will follow to Norfolk this afternoon. Advice 23 will be 57-1486 leaving KPSM but returning to KMEI after. Surprised they have a 3rd one scheduled.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
They are probably enroute to Kadena airbase in Japan ..... does anyone have any current 388FW air-to-air frequencies ?
Soundclip with their clearance: CW443 - 18 November 2023

I see three of the VINYL flights, but can't locate VINYL92, it is still showing on ground in Honolulu, maybe a couple of the F35s were kept after school.

In other movement news 09-0015 just departed ADW, should be enroute to ILG then KNGU

Last edited:

CORN

Premium Subscriber
On Sunday, November 19, the President and the First Lady will travel to Norfolk, Virginia. Looks like 09-0015 will be used, not sure if there will be a SAM46 on this trip.

Airport Arrival
Location: NAS Norfolk Terminal, 8225 Patrol Road, Norfolk, VA
Arrival: After 2:15 PM ET Actual Time TBA

Friendsgiving Dinner
Location: HM-15 Hangar, Naval Station Norfolk, 1130 CV Towwayl Dr, Norfolk,
I've heard 318.9 used as well. Also heard 143.825 in both AM & FM
Sorry I was gonna reply but changed mind and don’t know how to delete the quoted replies from the screen when I decide not to reply.

freqhopping

Doing some portable HF with my 300ft random wire right now. Meant to switch VFOs but went to the memory channels instead which happened to be 8992 with an EAM in progress. Very loud. S9+10
Long message. 216 characters. Callsign sounds like BAGLUG. Now a message for CYCLOPEDIA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.