Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
On Sunday, November 19, the President and the First Lady will travel to Norfolk, Virginia. Looks like 09-0015 will be used, not sure if there will be a SAM46 on this trip.

Airport Arrival
Location: NAS Norfolk Terminal, 8225 Patrol Road, Norfolk, VA
Arrival: After 2:15 PM ET Actual Time TBA

Friendsgiving Dinner
Location: HM-15 Hangar, Naval Station Norfolk, 1130 CV Towway Dr, Norfolk, VA

Mark

Premium Subscriber
AC-130J #18-5888 off Andrews Westbound,I think just arrived yesterday from Cannon AFB 17th SOS.

Rgr I have KC-135 ADVICE 12 as Michigan ANG tail maybe stationed out here for the weekend.

One of the McGuire based Hustlers Hustler-61 CH-53E's (HMH-772) is working out of Navy El Centro Cal this morning.
1700325715974.png

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Uh Oh NOBLE-21 with ZDC 363.000 cleared to descend out of 17k for 3k chasing TOI.
Minute later cancels TOI chase.. req back to FL210 and rejoin CAP.

Dracos win distinguished Flying Cross.

Last edited:

xtremey

Jolly Rogers in town at ADW for the Navy flyover they just did. I'd expect a departure tomorrow at noon.

Was also just buzzed over KCGS by two mystery jets, hearing nothing on any of ADW's frequencies. Chances are they're for the Commanders game tomorrow, or they're just some DC birds who are up.
Correction: I believe it was two DC birds doing a UMD flyover.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Off topic but interesting...

Another SpaceX explosion, this time a little higher up.
Actually the test flight was more successful than expected. Technically the FTS on both vehicles worked correctly since it was updated. Both components (the booster and the starship itself) blew up when difficulties were encountered. Once the hot staging portion of the flight was successful (the separation of the star ship from the booster) - everything else that occured was just gravy datawise.

Status
Not open for further replies.