Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Ahh !!! but Terry's been quiet lately. Maybe undergoing the vetting process? :unsure:
Actually I am going for the job to control DOD and Fed Gov communications. Everybody will be in the clear, no encryption, all aircraft will have full paint jobs (just like the old days) and all aircraft must use their ADS-B while in flight (domestically) - no spoofing or anything (that goes for the P8A guys too). All call signs will be spelled phonetically (to help Ron with his call sign list).

Actually COVID had me down for a month and I am just now getting back into the swing of things. Computers were out of commission due to lack of maintenance or storms, feeds have been down and I am trying to figure out what "real work - the paid kind" I was doing back in late June.

mdmonitor

Actually I am going for the job to control DOD and Fed Gov communications. Everybody will be in the clear, no encryption, all aircraft will have full paint jobs (just like the old days) and all aircraft must use their ADS-B while in flight (domestically) - no spoofing or anything (that goes for the P8A guys too). All call signs will be spelled phonetically (to help Ron with his call sign list).

Actually COVID had me down for a month and I am just now getting back into the swing of things. Computers were out of commission due to lack of maintenance or storms, feeds have been down and I am trying to figure out what "real work - the paid kind" I was doing back in late June.
Terry

You've got my vote.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
This was 7/29 as AE6BB0. Currently up over ESVA using the same hex.
Just as a follow up the folks over at NAS Wildwood museum took pictures and got a tour of the MV-22 that arrived on the 30th.

Based on the pictures the aircraft was 168231 EG01 with VMM-263 markings - so they probably have swapped out boxes on the aircraft,

hope this link works

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Just as a follow up the folks over at NAS Wildwood museum took pictures and got a tour of the MV-22 that arrived on the 30th.

Based on the pictures the aircraft was 168231 EG01 with VMM-263 markings - so they probably have swapped out boxes on the aircraft,

hope this link works

Off topic but related to NAS Wildwood I was reading article the other day about the Navy Helldiver introduced in late WW2.
Seems first squadron of these types were formed as VB-80 in NAS Wildwood in late 1943.
Not a well liked aircraft is understatement.. Recently a second Helldiver has been restored to flying condition.
Second Helldiver takes to the air

The Curtiss SB2C Helldiver: An Unpopular and Flawed Allied War Machine

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
O.T.; @0130+L civilian aircraft rodeo (lol) in SE PA: The following ac all from Mustang Sally aviation N###FG:
469, 569, 577, 617, 669, 769 and:
N623HB, N974TH Infinity Flight Grp;
Transiting Reading, Allenttown, Williamsport, Lancaster, Harrisburg, Philly.
A/a 123.450; telling a lot of jokes & just being plain silly.

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
O.T.; @0130+L civilian aircraft rodeo (lol) in SE PA
One of the reasons ( maybe I'm delving into this too much); was I thought it kind of odd for all these a/c to be flying around at this odd hour and traversing the area they did. It brings back memories of one of the 9/11 hijackers that was training in FL to fly a big plane. He had a girlfriend that he was to marry in a few months and he told her before they got married he had to travel back to the mideast to tie up some business ends. Of course he went back to get finalized instructions for the attack. The woman said after 9/11 she would've never thought he could do such a thing. There was no indication to her that he was planning such a hideous act. With the attempted assassination on Trump and that there could be another attempt on him in the future it makes one wonder.

Now back to milair comms, sorry for the long winded curiosity.