Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

jetcrafter

Premium Subscriber
I didn't even know the airshow was happening this weekend.

I'm sorry freqhopping, I just ASSumed you knew. Glad you were able to see some mil action on your vacation. I will not be going into the show due to the fact the prices to get in are INSANE!! Plus, I'll be down at Oceana in Sept to a FREE admission show that is much, much better than this lame Brunswick show will be. I may sit outside at a local business to watch the tbirds if the weather holds out.

freqhopping

I will not be going into the show due to the fact the prices to get in are INSANE!! Plus, I'll be down at Oceana in Sept to a FREE admission show that is much, much better than this lame Brunswick show will be. I may sit outside at a local business to watch the tbirds if the weather holds out.

Yeah, $60! :eek:

I'll be heading over in a little while, from 1030 on I think there may be some practice flights.

0922- Now hearing the F-15 on 259.9 preparing to land.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Next week's VP tour of swing states announced...

On Tuesday, August 6, Vice President Harris will return to Philadelphia, PA

On Wednesday, August 7, Vice President Harris will head to Wisconsin. Then, the Vice President will travel to Detroit, MI.

On Thursday, August 8, Vice President Harris will participate in a campaign event in Michigan before heading to Raleigh, NC.

On Friday, August 9, Vice President Harris will travel to Savannah, GA. Then, the Vice President go to Phoenix, AZ.

On Saturday, August 10, Vice President Harris will travel to Las Vegas, NV.

ra7850

Premium Subscriber
the F16, but the external fuel tanks transfer automatically as normal operation in flight from the external tanks to the internal fuel tanks as fuel is used during the course of the flight. Granted there are scenarios that could have occurred in which they would jettsion full fuel tanks, but to me I would think that this would be a last resort. Yet the planes landed back at their base without incident. A full fuel tank, on the centerline of the acft is 600 gallons, with the total weight of 4,520 pound for the centerline tank. The wing tanks have to be used in pairs, one on each wing. Each one contains 370 gallons, with the total weight of 2,479 pounds per tank. This would be very similar to dropping very large bombs, hence the scenario seeming odd
Any chance someone in here has recorded the audio of the emergency declaration to ATC by the F16?

dmi

Premium Subscriber
Any confirmation on which aircraft participated in the Arlington flyover along with KC-46 DRAGO61?
The time of the fly-over of ANC was approximately 09:55 local

DRAGO-61 (KC-46A #17-46034) - 133rd ARS NH ANG, KPSM-Pease ANGB

From radio traffic DC ANG flight was part of the fly-over.

Additionally, from ADSB-ex, I saw:

LEGEND-07 (UH-72A #11-72227) VA ARNG

DRAGO61 ANC 08022024.png

Mark

Premium Subscriber
NOBLE 21 departing Shaw for the CAP. Pushed to Button 42 for satcom calls to HUNTRESS.

318.100 SSC A/D > 319.200 ZJX > 322.450 ZDC
270.900 tac > 297.525u CONR-2
NOBLE's up here are getting nervous as some T-storms maybe moving in here soon.
With this heat could be some real doozies.. NOBLE-11,12 will hit tanker one more time unless they keep us here.
NATION-13 on way South from Pease Iowa KC-135 #58-0057
12:34 local NOBLE-21 checking in on 260.900 reports 50 miles south of the AP.