Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

apex31

Usually Stratcom on B-2 missions will mention if they did non stop round robin trip from US on this. Thinking they may have launched out of Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean perhaps.
Would be fitting considering their time spent there during the most recent BTF Australia.

Dutchmil

Good evening,

Excellent monitoring today here in the Netherlands .... the USS Harry S. Truman is operating in the North Sea,
just within the borders of my listening range. Today 6 Hornets and Growlers diverted due to fuel emergencies
to RAF Mildenhall in the United Kingdom. The following frequencies were monitored and confirmed:

265.000 REDCROWN
286.500 unknown air-to-air, but could also be tower or departure ....
329.000 HORNET ? rep
341.475 STRIKE
372.375 VFA-11 RIPPER air-to-air maybe TAC-1

Time permitting, I will try to make a recording available later this weekend .... :)

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Good evening,

Excellent monitoring today here in the Netherlands .... the USS Harry S. Truman is operating in the North Sea,
just within the borders of my listening range. Today 6 Hornets and Growlers diverted due to fuel emergencies
to RAF Mildenhall in the United Kingdom. The following frequencies were monitored and confirmed:

265.000 REDCROWN
286.500 unknown air-to-air, but could also be tower or departure ....
329.000 HORNET ? rep
341.475 STRIKE
372.375 VFA-11 RIPPER air-to-air maybe TAC-1

Time permitting, I will try to make a recording available later this weekend .... :)
Wow.. US Navy in force at Mildenhall.. Very rare :)
Always thought Lossiemouth in Scotland would be their preferred divert base..

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Fyi --

I wish these milnews clickbait sites would quit talking about possible hypothetical future aircraft.
It would take 25 years maybe for the Army to replace the Chinook.. Also about all the excitement about new B-52 engines.
Again maybe in the next decade!. Most of us will be pushing up daisies by then..
Reminds me of old days of Popular Mechanics mag talking about flying cars in the 60's.. Please stop with the distant future Madness :)

Mark

Premium Subscriber