Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

paradiver

Recapping, sounds like it was COST(??) FLT of (unk number of) B1s dragged from Dyess supported by (DEED) tankers that had forward deployed to Bangor, Mildenhall and Souda Bay.

looks like someone called it earlier and convenient that it was after the handover at Dover.

1904 Local: Not many Tankers out on the East coast tonight, or at least showing up on ADS-B. A couple of Backy KC-46A's and a lone KC-135 (QID19) from McDill heading back to Mildenhall. There are usually a lot more out there at night!!

Picking up distant chatter on 228.9000.
There were at least a couple of contract tankers out yesterday, at least one from Omega Ariel Refueling (callsign begins with OME) and another, non-Omega with the a CPS callsign, not sure of the times, but there was an Omega tanker off the west coast in the Bamboo Eagle area and one off the east coast along with a CPS tanker off the east coast last night, not military owned, but indicative of military activity(unless they're out just getting hours in). Right now there's an Omega tanker OME77 Hex: A96F2B(started off with an OME callsign, as I'm writing this, No Callsign, nope back to OME77) ADS-B Exchange - track aircraft live that looks like it might be refueling an E-2 GRYHK06 Hex: AE744C in W-122 off of Cherry Point.

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
There were at least a couple of contract tankers out yesterday, at least one from Omega Ariel Refueling (callsign begins with OME) and another, non-Omega with the a CPS callsign, not sure of the times, but there was an Omega tanker off the west coast in the Bamboo Eagle area and one off the east coast along with a CPS tanker off the east coast last night, not military owned, but indicative of military activity(unless they're out just getting hours in). Right now there's an Omega tanker OME77 Hex: A96F2B(started off with an OME callsign, as I'm writing this, No Callsign, nope back to OME77) ADS-B Exchange - track aircraft live that looks like it might be refueling an E-2 GRYHK06 Hex: AE744C in W-122 off of Cherry Point.
CPS CASS PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, CORP. UNITED STATES Callsign: SWIFT BIRD

CPS CASS PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, CORP. UNITED STATES Callsign: SWIFT BIRD

Thanks, I know there's a couple of others from articles I posted recently, but I remember Omega because an old friend of mine used to be its President(He's not shown on the website now, so I guess he moved on.). If you look at the Omega planes, they show as being owned by AIRCRAFT ENDEAVORS LLC, I imagine for insurance or liability reasons, but they're Omegas. the CPS ones(I didn't want to delay the posting longer to research.) display as Wilmington Trust or something like that along with a LOT of other aircraft. BTW, where'd you get the listing with the callsign?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Week ahead released by WH...

On Saturday, the President and the First Lady will depart Wilmington, Delaware en route to Los Angeles, California.
On Sunday, the President will depart Los Angeles, California en route to Las Vegas, Nevada.
On Monday, the President will depart Las Vegas, Nevada and return to the White House.
On Wednesday, the President will travel to New York, New York, after he returns to the White House.
On Thursday, the President will travel to Leesburg, Virginia. After, the President will return to the White House.
On Friday, the President will host German Chancellor Olaf Scholz for a bilateral meeting.

Thanks, I know there's a couple of others from articles I posted recently, but I remember Omega because an old friend of mine used to be its President(He's not shown on the website now, so I guess he moved on.). If you look at the Omega planes, they show as being owned by AIRCRAFT ENDEAVORS LLC, I imagine for insurance or liability reasons, but they're Omegas. the CPS ones(I didn't want to delay the posting longer to research.) display as Wilmington Trust or something like that along with a LOT of other aircraft. BTW, where'd you get the listing with the callsign?
Tried to edit, but apparently took too long... Was looking, a CPS callsign(CPS CASS PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, CORP. UNITED STATES Callsign: SWIFT BIRD, from TerryPavlick's post) plane I referenced in an earlier post N572MA shows the Wilmington Trust as owner but is shown as having Meta/Metrea markings on N572MA | Most Recent Photos | Planespotters.net , so it can get kinda fuzzy whose plane you call it. Lol!

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
The document I use for identifying all three letter designators is found here

The first PDF under the word Content. It is published regularly.

The aircraft is owned by Wilmington Trust as it is similar to your car or truck being owned by the bank until you pay it off. It also provides some identification protection for the actual operator

1706925654150.png

The banks will act as trustee for the aircraft ....which protects the identity of the real operator. Generally if not purchased outright by the operator.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
You mean they will fly the smaller jet all the way to California or will the B742
make a rare KILG pickup?
Says they'll leave ILG to LAX, but not where they will actually fly out of. Official schedule not out yet, but bet there is a PHL TFR for tomorrow. Just saying. Maybe we'll see the return of 82-8000 tomorrow :)