Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
A little more info from a press call tonight about the bombings, like I said a little more, not much (text edited to exclude the boring parts)...

LIEUTENANT GENERAL SIMS: Thank you, sir. Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.

Just to add quickly to what Mr. Kirby briefed, we did, in fact, strike at seven different facilities. Within each of those facilities, there were a number of targets. All told, as Mr. Kirby mentioned, 85. They were struck with multiple U.S. aircraft -- those aircraft from the U.S. Central Command, as well as, as mentioned, the B-1s that flew from the United States.

This has been in the planning since we were asked to look at it. This was designed around the weather, when we had our best opportunity as it related to the weather. That presented -- good weather presented itself today. And as a result, this took place.

As mentioned, it was seven different locations. Of those locations, four of them were in Syria and three of them were in Iraq.

I would -- in terms of munitions and the B-1, in terms of the flight -- I think is what you said there at the beginning -- I won't go into the particular munitions used. I would tell you it was more than 125, all of them precision, all of them designed to hit the exact spot that we mean to hit.

In terms of the flights from the United States, a single non-stop flight for the cruise, from the B-1s, all of that enhanced by our transportation command and our ability to gas and go along the way without any issues or incidents from the United States there and where they're at now.

I would just say it was a number of U.S. fighter aircraft from the Central Command AOR, in addition to the bombers. I won't get into the particular types and numbers.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
A little more info from a press call tonight about the bombings, like I said a little more, not much (text edited to exclude the boring parts)...

LIEUTENANT GENERAL SIMS: Thank you, sir. Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.

Just to add quickly to what Mr. Kirby briefed, we did, in fact, strike at seven different facilities. Within each of those facilities, there were a number of targets. All told, as Mr. Kirby mentioned, 85. They were struck with multiple U.S. aircraft -- those aircraft from the U.S. Central Command, as well as, as mentioned, the B-1s that flew from the United States.

This has been in the planning since we were asked to look at it. This was designed around the weather, when we had our best opportunity as it related to the weather. That presented -- good weather presented itself today. And as a result, this took place.

As mentioned, it was seven different locations. Of those locations, four of them were in Syria and three of them were in Iraq.

I would -- in terms of munitions and the B-1, in terms of the flight -- I think is what you said there at the beginning -- I won't go into the particular munitions used. I would tell you it was more than 125, all of them precision, all of them designed to hit the exact spot that we mean to hit.

In terms of the flights from the United States, a single non-stop flight for the cruise, from the B-1s, all of that enhanced by our transportation command and our ability to gas and go along the way without any issues or incidents from the United States there and where they're at now.

I would just say it was a number of U.S. fighter aircraft from the Central Command AOR, in addition to the bombers. I won't get into the particular types and numbers.
Well if you all get up early say 4:30am local may get B-1's returning via AR-20W.. :)
They sure telegraphed this mssion.. I guess that was the point.
ZBW Cape Sector is back up and running.. Listening to: ZBW Cape Sector | Falmouth, Massachusetts, United States | LiveATC.net

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Looks like the CAP is up.

Steel KC135 in orbit on the southern portion of Philly. Picking up MACKO's on 284.1000 and Huntress 260.9000
Looks like the CAP is up.

Steel KC135 in orbit on the southern portion of Philly. Picking up MACKO's on 284.1000 and Huntress 260.9000
Are you sure it's 247.5 rather than 247.05 ?

Mark

Premium Subscriber
So mentioning DEED 11/12/13/14 and COST11/12 is OK now
I woke early to try and catch them myself but couldn't keep my eyelids open for
long so went back to ZZZ. I did hear a RCH-237 #08-8200 off Pease with ZBW cancel Rota trip
and start all the way back to Charleston with some fuel issue problem.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
0851L - WILD11 getting a DCNG17(?) departure clearance out of ADW, looks like it’s the 113th’s drill weekend.
There is a Res up at the Duke MOA for 10:45 am local.. Maybe for them.
Now hearing coms down South Pax River area 305.200 and A/A 238.175 so guess was the WILD's.
headed for R-4005

Last edited:

xtremey

There is a Res up at the Duke MOA for 10:45 am local.. Maybe for them.
Now hearing coms down South Pax River area 305.200 and A/A 238.175 so guess was the WILD's.
headed for 4005
DCANG uses Evers as far as I know, which is coincidentally also reserved for 9am local to 11. WILD seems to have gone to Pax, wondering if there’s more going up to EversB742DB2A-75B0-4F5C-A39A-877D8CE2F80E.jpeg

mdmonitor

DCANG uses Evers as far as I know, which is coincidentally also reserved for 9am local to 11. WILD seems to have gone to Pax, wondering if there’s more going up to EversView attachment 156026
X

Have seen them do this in the past--one group all depart same timeframe, then split-- a 2-ship to PAX, another 2-ship to Duke or Ft Drum and a third 2-ship to Evers.

mdmonitor

1020- Couple of VA ANG F-22s (Bash flt) working some ACM training in W386 on 228.9. 7th FTS T-38 (Mig) also out in W386 working on 252.775.

1022- Heads up Rich in PA. Some MD ANG A-10Cs up. A2A 266.6 & 293.3. Working Harrisburg approach (281.525) so maybe going to Kiowa Range.

1030- DeeCee 61 (KC-135R # 57-1512) off ADW heading west. Working Liberator CP (351.2) w/departure msg.

Last edited: