• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola RLN6554A bluedot mic pairing w/ XPR 7550

Status
Not open for further replies.

umairmoh

Folks,

So I purchased the Motorola RLN6554A from an authorized Motorola dealer for my XPR 7550 and when I got home, it turns out I cannot connect the mic to the radio via Bluetooth. Only method the mic is prompting is via the blue dot. The XPR 7550 does not contain a blue dot on the front or any where else. Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

umairmoh

Will let you know by this evening if the authorized Motorola dealer is willing to take it back or not.
I am a bit vexed they sold me a unit knowing full well that I have a XPR7550 and on top they were trying to sell me the Moto LTE radio and get into a 2 year subscription. I was like, "lady, i am just trying to get a mic for personal use."

Will keep you apprised.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
smh.
what they did is sell you the wrong item. Ask them to look up the RLM6554A in e-cat and look under "product compatibility". If they have integrity, they'll own up to their error and swap it for the correct product.

umairmoh

smh.
what they did is sell you the wrong item. Ask them to look up the RLM6554A in e-cat and look under "product compatibility". If they have integrity, they'll own up to their error and swap it for the correct product.
They realized their mistake. I dont know if I want to do business ever with them. It seems they want to sell stuff down your throat for the sake of making some sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.