MRRS System (MTA PD)

seagravebuff60

Short Bus Reject
Feed Provider
Correct, as @GTR8000 said, 9563 is active on the Zone 3 Cell. There are also still many issues with the coverage of this system, especially in the Harrison/Port Chester/Rye Area. However, I "heard" that they are adding an additional subsite in that area.

I hope this helps.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Thanks for those responses, much appreciated. I knew it was that site with the antenna side-mounted in the backyard on Aunt Dora's She-Shed that was causing this... ;)

ff026

Feed Provider
TG 9563 is active in the clear on the Zone 3 (Southern Westchester) cell.

The usual caveat with this system applies, which is that most of the RF subsites in southern Westchester are not mountaintop/monster sites, so the signal can be weak in some areas. Despite having a lot of subsites throughout the entire system + municipalities jumping on board, this system should not be mistaken for the breadth of coverage a true countywide system would offer.
Blows my mind that a municipality can join a system with sub optimal coverage, especially public safety.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Actually an interesting development from one of the people I was assisting. I suggested to him that he try turning off the SDS200's global filter. As it is Uniden ships it set to "Normal", which means it's on. He set it to off and it worked; he's now hearing Harrison PD/EMS and numerous other agencies he was not able to hear before.

These filter settings are like snowflakes, no two are alike, so I suggested to the other gentleman to try them one by one and see if he hits the jackpot. Then, if it effects other monitoring targets negatively he can set the filter to work on just that particular system.

Thanks again for all of the input; much appreciated.

Thomasjstroh

Premium Subscriber
TG 9563 is active in the clear on the Zone 3 (Southern Westchester) cell.

The usual caveat with this system applies, which is that most of the RF subsites in southern Westchester are not mountaintop/monster sites, so the signal can be weak in some areas. Despite having a lot of subsites throughout the entire system + municipalities jumping on board, this system should not be mistaken for the breadth of coverage a true countywide system would offer.
On settings turn off GLOBAL FILTER/ OFF it worked for me, in Harrison New York also monitoring others in WESTCHESTER COUNTY.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
Would anyone willing to help confirm for me the TGs listed in the database as being FDMA are infact still FDMA and the whole system hasn’t been upgraded to TDMA TGs? I’m working on something and an answer to this would clear everything up and save me from further head scratching hahaha

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Generally speaking, anything homed to the Metro cell is FDMA, anything homed to the MRRS is TDMA. There are a few anomalies. For example Troop NYC is FDMA even when carried on the MRRS cells. The database may not accurately represent that 100%, I do see a few of the sub-9000 series TG's flagged as TDMA capable. Just remember that mode T in the RRDB = TDMA capable, not necessarily 100% TDMA 100% of the time.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
So generally speaking anything MTA or Transit should be TDMA also anything below 9k for a TGID should be TDMA

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Anything below 9000 should be FDMA (Metro cell). The couple that are flagged TDMA may've been seen in TDMA mode on an MRRS cell, or maybe just a false report. 🤷‍♂️

seagravebuff60

Short Bus Reject
Feed Provider
Would anyone willing to help confirm for me the TGs listed in the database as being FDMA are infact still FDMA and the whole system hasn’t been upgraded to TDMA TGs? I’m working on something and an answer to this would clear everything up and save me from further head scratching hahaha
As far as I know, all of the "local" Westchester PD agencies in the south are TDMA

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Correct, any talkgroup that is "home" on the MRRS side (26E) will be TDMA. The Metro (26D) homed talkgroups should all be FDMA still.

That being said, the MRRS cells are TDMA capable, so there is always the remote possibility that any talkgroup could show up in TDMA mode, even if it's primarily FDMA on the Metro cell.

I assume that @BabaDude77 is putting this system into his XTS and wants to know which talkgroups are FDMA.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
Correct, any talkgroup that is "home" on the MRRS side (26E) will be TDMA. The Metro (26D) homed talkgroups should all be FDMA still.

That being said, the MRRS cells are TDMA capable, so there is always the remote possibility that any talkgroup could show up in TDMA mode, even if it's primarily FDMA on the Metro cell.

I assume that @BabaDude77 is putting this system into his XTS and wants to know which talkgroups are FDMA.

Uh no because that would be “illegal” 😏 just looking to see what works on my Whistler phase 1 scanner

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know who 9 L 0 would be? Heard them id on tg 5011. Wiki says 1 - 9 are dispatchers. Who is zero?

• 9X1-9X9 - Dispatcher
  • 9X10-9X99 - Dispatcher(?)