MRRS System (MTA PD)

seagravebuff60

Short Bus Reject
Feed Provider
Additionally, I don't know if Harrison PD has been running into issues themselves with the system. But now Headquarters has come up with no RID and they do sound a bit different, I suspect some sort of patch even tho it sounds digital. Seems like this has been happening for a few days as Hariison PDs Console hasn't been online since 12/8. Ofc this is all on the Zone 3 Simulcast.

1702321451261.png

k2hz

Database Admin
I
And a clear indication that either your radio is messed up or you have issues locking onto that site. Uniden recommends 2-5 on squelch.

While zero might work well for you, you will get blasted by static when you land on an analog channel without a dsc or pl tone. Just curious, what firmware version is in that radio?
I find a setting of 2 generally is optimum for all circumstances. Settings above 2 definitely begin to impair weak signal reception and 1 often will open on noise.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
now Headquarters has come up with no RID and they do sound a bit different, I suspect some sort of patch even tho it sounds digital. Seems like this has been happening for a few days as Hariison PDs Console hasn't been online since 12/8. Ofc this is all on the Zone 3 Simulcast.

Interesting, this is what's showing on Zone 1 and SDRT Nightly build thats a few days old.

1702326316375.png

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Interesting, this is what's showing on Zone 1 and SDRT Nightly build thats a few days old.

View attachment 152839
In case you're unfamiliar, that long Source string is what's known as the Fully Qualified Subscriber Unit ID (FQSUID). SDRTrunk displays the string in decimal notation, however if you convert the first two parts to hex, you'll see that it's a WACN and SysID. Specifically 91FE8.00A, which is a separate subsystem that the MRRS has the system consoles on. So in this case, Console ID 257, which from time to time will sneak through without the FQSUID and will appear as simply 257. You should see the same for the MTA PD talkgroups, something like 91FE8.00A.6229112.

After working with Denny and Jason for the past month, the latest build of SDRTrunk and latest beta of Trunking Recorder now support those FQSUID's. You will see them with the MRRS consoles on 26E as illustrated above, and you may also see them when there is an ISSI link between P25 systems and subscribers have roamed. So for example you may see 781824.2112.227113 (BEE00.840) if a NYSP mobile from Orange has roamed onto the Rockland system.

Thomasjstroh

Premium Subscriber
And a clear indication that either your radio is messed up or you have issues locking onto that site. Uniden recommends 2-5 on squelch.

View attachment 152833

While zero might work well for you, you will get blasted by static when you land on an analog channel without a dsc or pl tone. Just curious, what firmware version is in that radio?
FIRMWARE 1.21.00 "0" squlish works on this system.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
In case you're unfamiliar, that long Source string is what's known as the Fully Qualified Subscriber Unit ID (FQSUID).
I am, I caught your response in the SDRT google group last week.

This is on Suffolk Site 3

BEE00 0x97F, really 97F, East Hampton. The console rid of 201 is a console on 97F, right? cause Suffolk Medcom/FRES have a console 201.

As far as MRRS, 597992.10.6229111, your saying 10 (0xA) is a sub system? And why I am seeing the console id, in either format and @seagravebuff60 is not? Is it because he is on Zone 3 and I am on 1?

FIRMWARE 1.21.00 "0" squlish works on this system.
I keep my squlish on 2 for everything. What is your antenna situation.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
This is on Suffolk Site 3

BEE00 0x97F, really 97F, East Hampton. The console rid of 201 is a console on 97F, right? cause Suffolk Medcom/FRES have a console 201.
Any time you see a FQSUID, it's a roaming subscriber from a foreign system, in this case from 97F ISSI'd over to 3CE.

As far as MRRS, 597992.10.6229111, your saying 10 (0xA) is a sub system? And why I am seeing the console id, in either format and @seagravebuff60 is not? Is it because he is on Zone 3 and I am on 1?
Harris does weird stuff. The consoles are apparently on a different "system" or subsystem or whatever they're doing with 00A, that's why they come across as a FQSUID. I'm not sure why @seagravebuff60 isn't seeing any Source ID, as he is aware of the recent changes with SDRTrunk and Trunking Recorder, and should be running the latest versions of each. Maybe just a glitch, who knows.

seagravebuff60

Short Bus Reject
Feed Provider
Harris does weird stuff. The consoles are apparently on a different "system" or subsystem or whatever they're doing with 00A, that's why they come across as a FQSUID. I'm not sure why @seagravebuff60 isn't seeing any Source ID, as he is aware of the recent changes with SDRTrunk and Trunking Recorder, and should be running the latest versions of each. Maybe just a glitch, who knows.
Indeed they do, and im done scratching my head trying to figure it out. Anyway, I should be on the latest update with everything, but i will check again and report back when I get home. This system in its entirety gives me agita.

seagravebuff60

Short Bus Reject
Feed Provider
It also seems like Yorktown PD has been doing more extensive testing on MRRS today or they fully switched over. Most activity on MRRS and their VHF hasn't been active since 14:30 today. Yorktown EMS Still remains on VHF.

Please forgive me lol. Both SDR Trunk and Trunking Recorder were outdated (only one version previously tho) I went ahead and updated them thinking that would fix my issue but nope. Still shows no RID. The FQSUID is displaying for the MTA PD Talkgoups tho. oy vey

seagravebuff60

Short Bus Reject
Feed Provider
Did you ever create a rid entry for 597992? I did a while back and it did not always display.
No lol, that's something I forgot to do. Thanks. But updated all the MRRS Console IDs with the FQSUID so let's see if that helps\

EDIT: It worked for all the MTA Consoles but nada for Harrison PD
1702429589571.png

Last edited:

seagravebuff60

Short Bus Reject
Feed Provider
How did you make out? The 4 consoles I did on Zone 1, (3 MTA, 1 Harrison) and 1 on Suffolk County systems are all displaying properly.
Still not displaying RID 257 for Harrison PD. Def something else happening here, a patch of some sort or something. Probably some ghetto radio setup because i hear the talk permit tone in the background of every transmission

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Still not displaying RID 257 for Harrison PD. Def something else happening here, a patch of some sort or something.

Weird, on Z 1, get both the rid (257) and the fqsuid.

1702508217358.png

And after taking a second look, MTA doing the same as 6229112 is seen, then 597992.10.6229112. 1st, 2nd and 4th entries.

1702508972313.png

I have seen it display as from in SDRT, but only the top window. It does not display anything in the history window.

1702509298420.png

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Weird, on Z 1, get both the rid (257) and the fqsuid.

And after taking a second look, MTA doing the same as 6229112 is seen, then 597992.10.6229112. 1st, 2nd and 4th entries.

I have seen it display as from in SDRT, but only the top window. It does not display anything in the history window.
Seeing both the FQSUID and the "abbreviated" SUID is a minor decoding glitch with SDRTrunk. It is what it is, but in reality the FQSUID is always encoded for the consoles, even if SDRTrunk doesn't always present them that way.

And the reason you see the FQSUID in the Now Playing section is because that is showing what is encoded on the traffic channels, which is where that FQSUID is coming from. Contrast that with the control channel info, which encodes a null value (0) for those consoles, which is what you're seeing in the events history section. Same exact reason why Unitrunker displays 0 for the source ID, because the FQSUID is not available over the control channel.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I was in Westchester the last couple of days and I wasn't picking up Harrison on my unication. Would probably help if I had them programmed in the pager..

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Still not displaying RID 257 for Harrison PD. Def something else happening here, a patch of some sort or something. Probably some ghetto radio setup because i hear the talk permit tone in the background of every transmission
A few days old, but seeing the FQSUID on Zone 4. Btw hearing the talk permit tone is not necessarily an indication of anything "ghetto", in fact many real (high quality) consoles that are interfaced with a mobile/consolette will have a bit of a delayed TPT that can be heard at the start of the transmission.

1702518082513.png

I'd triple check your playlist/setup, make sure you don't have anything funky going on there, and of course make sure you're actually running the latest versions of SDRTrunk and Trunking Recorder. That advice is for anyone reading this thread who is seeing something that feel is odd with this system, lots of recent changes in both software packages. The latest SDRTrunk can be obtained by downloading the Nightly build (12/10 is the latest as of this post) and the latest Trunking Recorder beta can be obtained from the Google group where Jason recently posted the link.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Seeing both the FQSUID and the "abbreviated" SUID is a minor decoding glitch with SDRTrunk.

Is that glitch seem specific to MRRS or have you seen it on other systems? Asking because with the link between E Hampton and Suffolk, it seems to work perfect there. No abbreviated yet. I have not checked Suffolks link to Nassau yet.

1702517294983.png