MRRS System (MTA PD)

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
@seagravebuff60 @Tank67 All those 91xx tg's (MNFB) (in wiki) what zones were the others heard on? Just a thought but maybe since they expanded to cover GCM, maybe some of those tg's are station specific.
That could be. I'm only able to pick up the Metro Simulcast from where I am. I wouldn't be surprised if there are certain TGs only on the GCT, GCM, and Moynihan sites.

Have you heard LIRR Fire Marshals on Zone 1 at all? Might I add when I worked alongside them back in June they had APX8000s rather than the 200P.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Just a little activity on 9128, and that was back in August. No grants since. Couple comms on 9135 in September.

seagravebuff60

Short Bus Reject
Feed Provider
@seagravebuff60 @Tank67 All those 91xx tg's (MNFB) (in wiki) what zones were the others heard on? Just a thought but maybe since they expanded to cover GCM, maybe some of those tg's are station specific.
Im not really sure; I grabbed them from this thread and posted them in the wiki. Altho this is what I have catrured on the Zone 3 Simulcast.

1700699515778.png

Unitrunker2

Premium Subscriber
Interesting, very different than what im seeing on Zone 3. Maybe only the Dispatch Console is affiliating with Zone 3 and all the Mobles and Portables are affilating with Zone 1. Or maybe they are just using half RF and half LTE. Strange but whatever Its MRRS

View attachment 150587
View attachment 150588

Theres also no record of RID or even TG 257 in Unitrunker
Just saw this. 257 looks like a site number - if this is a Motorola P25 system. No idea how or why TR or SDRTrunk shows this. EDIT: In some cases, the control channel passes '0' as the group or radio ID. The real ID appears on the voice channel's link control which you'll only see if UT follows the voice channel.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Just saw this. 257 looks like a site number - if this is a Motorola P25 system. No idea how or why TR or SDRTrunk shows this. EDIT: In some cases, the control channel passes '0' as the group or radio ID. The real ID appears on the voice channel's link control which you'll only see if UT follows the voice channel.
It's a Harris system, not MSI. 257 is a legitimate RID, not a Site ID, on the system. Unitrunker shows it as a 0 because of the way the system is configured; the system consoles are part of a different subsystem than the RF infrastructure (91FE8-00A vs 91FE8-26E), and so all console transmissions appear as foreign subscribers to Unitrunker with a Source ID of 0. SDRTrunk correctly shows the RID (257 in this case) because it obtains the info from the traffic channels while decoding voice. The issue with Trunking Recorder was a bug that Jason has since fixed in recent betas I've been working on with him.

tl;dr There was no bug to speak of, just a misunderstanding of how and why certain ID's can or can't be determined by different software.

Hope this helps clear things up!

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what's going on with Statewide 3, been picking it up as active for about an hour now on Metro but there's no voice activity.

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
Looks like the same radio keeps keying up. Not seeing it on Zone 1.
Well don't forget that's a patch of the statewide frequency so the UID won't change
154.695KA6004BMCSQNYSP StatewideStatewide Emergency - Bulletins/Special BroadcastsFMNLaw Dispatch

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
@dave3825 Im not sure what this image below links to or is showing, but for some reason, it was linked to Coller County, Florida. Probably by mistake. mistake. I moved it to the correct MRRS TGs Page. Unless it is an old and unused image and you think it should be deleted?

It's just a snapshot for anyone wanting a visual of what's unknown on Zone 1. Not sure how it got tied to the Sunshine state.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Great information in this thread, and although I am nowhere near the area, from a "professional" (see my signature if you can read the damned thing...) standpoint I know of a few folks (both with SDS200's with very recent programming) that seem to be having problems receiving Harrison PD/EMS. Noting the Wiki link a page or two back I noticed that there was maybe some Harrison PD ENC traffic on 9569. So my question is, as of today, is anyone hearing Harrison PD/EMS on 9563.

Any input would be appreciated, thank you.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
TG 9563 is active in the clear on the Zone 3 (Southern Westchester) cell.

The usual caveat with this system applies, which is that most of the RF subsites in southern Westchester are not mountaintop/monster sites, so the signal can be weak in some areas. Despite having a lot of subsites throughout the entire system + municipalities jumping on board, this system should not be mistaken for the breadth of coverage a true countywide system would offer.