New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Okay, a few sites have been adjusted, two added to the Cumberland County cell. The status of some of the Cape May County sites is uncertain. They were allegedly moving the courthouse/library site at some point. I believe my map shows the new site, however the state's coverage map appears to show the site at the original location. Anyway, close enough unless someone has confirmed info.
The pending MW applications support these locations.
Water TankAirport
Lattice TowerCape May Library
Water TankLower Township

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Premium Subscriber
The pending MW applications support these locations.
Water TankAirport
Lattice TowerCape May Library
Water TankLower Township

If any corrections are needed to the sites on my map, please post the site #, site name, and updated lat/long here. Thanks.
Guess its too much to ask to provide whats asked for.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Guess its too much to ask to provide whats asked for.
Find another hobby. The MW applications are merely that. I like GTR am not in Cape May. I was providing information for those South to try and verify. One in every crowd.(n)

couchm

anyone having problems with NJSP? I've been missing parts of the transmission on my unication which has never happened until last weekend. Could it possibly be a few radios with encryption on?

couchm

Cumberland county Site. I'm about 2 miles from the carlls corner tower at the state police barracks.

j6

About 2 weeks ago while listening to a broadcastify stream, began to notice on TG 1675 Medevac South and 1677 Medevac North, that intermittently, only the REMCS or the Medevac side of a communication is heard There have been Standby requests from REMCS without any follow-up cancellation or go request heard. Also noticed that during some AM radio checks it starts with both sides of the communication and then goes silent. Does anyone know if there are other frequencies or TGs being used or are they securing the communications?

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
About 2 weeks ago while listening to a broadcastify stream, began to notice on TG 1675 Medevac South and 1677 Medevac North, that intermittently, only the REMCS or the Medevac side of a communication is heard There have been Standby requests from REMCS without any follow-up cancellation or go request heard. Also noticed that during some AM radio checks it starts with both sides of the communication and then goes silent. Does anyone know if there are other frequencies or TGs being used or are they securing the communications?
Could just be whatever site you’re monitoring is carrying all the traffic. What site are you monitoring?

GM

Premium Subscriber
For those of you that use scanners with the Site NAC option method, a number of the sites across the state on NJICS have changed their Site NAC recently. I have driven to every site in the state in the past month to verify the changes and have submitted them to the database. Might want to check to see if you have the proper NAC for each site, as I found that I did not and had a tough time monitoring the system.

iamrftechnj

"anyone having problems with NJSP? I've been missing parts of the transmission on my unication which has never happened until last weekend. Could it possibly be a few radios with encryption on?"

I thought I was missing transmissions on many conversations with the SP but after talking to a trooper neighbor he said it is a problem with the dispatchers and the audio levels on the consoles. he demonstrated it for me, car to car audio seems fine but when a dispatcher talks it is barely readable.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
"anyone having problems with NJSP? I've been missing parts of the transmission on my unication which has never happened until last weekend. Could it possibly be a few radios with encryption on?"

I thought I was missing transmissions on many conversations with the SP but after talking to a trooper neighbor he said it is a problem with the dispatchers and the audio levels on the consoles. he demonstrated it for me, car to car audio seems fine but when a dispatcher talks it is barely readable.
Yes, we all hear the same thing. Has not changed since this thread. Union County on the NJICS dispatch audio has it figured out though.

j6

Could just be whatever site you’re monitoring is carrying all the traffic. What site are you monitoring?
Listening via a Broadcastify feed NJICS Medevac Operations South TG 1675 and Medevac Operations North TG 1677.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
The fourth Union County simulcast subsite will be located on the property of the Governor Livingston HS in Berkeley Heights. Yes, it's a mere 1.35 miles from the Mountainside subsite, but on the west side of the ridge line that separates them. The process of licensing the subsite has just started.
Yes, and only about 4.5 miles from the Watchung subsite of the UC simulcast.
This site looks nicely into Southern Morris County and the Chatham’s too.
Federal Grant monies at work, along with people behind the effort. We shall see if this will bring Summit PD and Berkely Heights Fire and PD onto the NJICS.

Without a doubt help all emergency responders on portables who operate at incidents in the infamous “mixing bowl” of RT24 and RT78 in Summit, Springfield.

Last edited:

RadioDitch

Field Operations Member
Premium Subscriber

If anyone is using a Uniden SDS model, make sure to update your firmware. The last release included an update to help with issues like this on P25 systems, as well as an issue from the last update that was causing trunking systems to cut out.

markjrenna

Something up with B4 Comm/B5 Comm?

I see the carrier but audio is extremely low. Not intelligible.