New Streaming, Logging and Recording Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2YSI

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone, I have a new software package available to record and log streaming audio as well as input from a scanner or radio. Right now the software will decode and log MDC-1200 and GE-Star signaling, and will be expanded to log QuickCall-II, FleetSync and Motorola Tactical Public Safety (used by FDNY) over the next few weeks as testing on those formats are completed.

You can find out more at ResponderApps

Thanks,
KC2YSI

Blind_Shadow

Feed Provider
Looking at your web site, i was wondering if it was possible to get blowups of hat the screens look like?

It looks very interesting and am interested, but would like a preview of the screens, so they can be read. As well as the video screens to see how it works.

Just an idea.

Cant wait till you get to the final phase and see....

Looks good so far :)

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Looks good do you offer free trial period?

I would respectfully suggest/request this as well. Even just a short period of time before it expires would be very helpful.

This "looks" very cool indeed but a little time to learn how it truly functions and is set up prior to purchase would be ideal. That said the purchase price is certainly very reasonable.

Thanks for your efforts and consideration.

KC2YSI

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone and thank you for your replies. I have attached a couple of large screen captures. I do not have a trial mode right now, but I am fixing that now so free trials will be available in the next day or two. I'll also be posting a help manual on the web site as well.

Thanks again,
Joe, KC2YSI

Attachments

• DarkCobaltNormalFullScreenPerformance.jpg
    DarkCobaltNormalFullScreenPerformance.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 4,805
  • DarkEmeraldFireground15FeedsMayday.jpg
    DarkEmeraldFireground15FeedsMayday.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 4,635
  • DarkEmeraldNormal15Feeds.jpg
    DarkEmeraldNormal15Feeds.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 4,629
  • LightNormal.jpg
    LightNormal.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 4,609
  • LightOrangeNormal13Feeds.jpg
    LightOrangeNormal13Feeds.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 4,628

KC2YSI

Premium Subscriber
I have uploaded a version that supports a free trial. You can either go to the home page at ResponderApps and click the "Start Free Trial" button, or go directly to the download page at RadioLog The help manual will be available sometime tonight.

KC2YSI

Premium Subscriber
I'm going to assume you are using a feed from Broadcastify, but it should be similar at other sites as well. First, we need to know where the feed is. On Broadcastify, find the feed you want. Under the "Player Selection" select "iTunes", then right click the "Listen" link and copy the link address. Open RadioLog and on the top right click "new source". Enter a name, select "Streaming Audio" and paste in the link address into the "Streaming Audio URL" box. Click Ok, and you should start hearing the audio.

I would like to make this process easier, but it seems that they are not issuing new API keys to live streaming applications. Hopefully they change that soon and I can make this process more automated in the future.

KC1UA

Database Admin
That's easy enough. This is very cool indeed. I haven't tried anything with a connected scanner yet, but the feeds are easily setup and the result is pretty slick. I can envision setting up a bunch of feeds spread out by region and statewide and having them available on the fly. I don't have any MDC or GEStar stuff in this area as most everything is trunked, but just having the multiple feeds handy in this manner is very nice.

Trying some recording now. But right out of the gate pretty easy to manipulate the basics. Nice! I expect I'll buy it.

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
Purchased the software but cant seem to activate the license. I also cannot find where to change the color scheme.

KC2YSI

Premium Subscriber
I just posted an update, if you restart the application it will prompt you to download the update and install. Once installed, the activation will be fixed. If you haven't already received the email with your new key, it will be sent within a few minutes. I have also attached an image showing where the theme/accent styles are (highlighted in blue). To get to that screen, on the top right click "settings".

Attachments

• Settings.jpg
    Settings.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 4,349

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
GREAT! Got the activation key and the software is now licensed. The reason I could not find where to change the colors is because those selection boxes are almost not visible. I cannot scroll the Settings box, but I can just about see the selections.
Thank you for the great customer service!
John

KC1UA

Database Admin
I successfully registered, but I can't see the theme and accent settings at all. Not sure if it's screen size related or not. Could be bigger is indeed better? :D

This is a great start, Joe.

KC2YSI

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Scott and John for your feedback. I will be posting another update later that adds scrolling support to the settings. That should fix your problems with accessing the theme/accent settings. The update after that will have initial scanner support for getting the Unit ID and Talkgroup from trunked radio channels.

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
Joe, I think this is the start of an app that is really going to take off and I wish you well! Your responsiveness speaks volumes.
John
PS, As a transplanted Long Islander its nice to see you "representin'"!!

KC1UA

Database Admin
For local scanners/receivers this would make for a superb setup using a multi-input soundcard such as the M-Audio Delta series, which has up to 8 inputs (4 stereo pairs).

Would it be possible to individually set each feed or radio to an individual color, or is it already and I'm overlooking it?

Adjustable font size for the scrolling radio info would be cool too, especially when a large # of feeds/radios are being displayed.

Very cool on the unit ID and talkgroup data; I'll be interested to hear how you'll make that work. I also wonder if there would be a way to interface UniTrunker somehow.

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
As a brief aside, as I said, I used to live on Long Island (Shoreham), but retired and moved to Wilmington. About 8 months after I moved here the two primary law enforcement agencies went encrypted. Now, with your software, I have a page consisting of all of the Long Island and NYPD/FD feeds and I can select them at will.
Very well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.