New Streaming, Logging and Recording Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Thanks Phil.

I noticed a few streams disappear once in an earlier incarnation of the software, and tonight while setting up my local sources had one disappear as well. This seems to happen when exiting source configuration, at least in my case anyway. This is something I failed to report to Joe, but he'll see it here eventually and clearly you've let him know as well. Edit: didn't mention that when I shut down and restart the sources that disappeared reappear.

It's nifty to have this available to control all of the feeds I have being dumped into the PC. I pretty much just let them run before and used other radios for monitoring as it was just a pain in the butt to go into the Windows sound properties every time I wanted to listen to one, but this setup affords the opportunity to easily control all of their levels on the fly which is nifty. I run a UniTrunker setup on the same PC and I'm going to add that to the mix (pun intended) shortly.

KC2YSI

Premium Subscriber
Scott,
Phil has sent me his error logs, and I have tracked down the issue. I will be posting an update later tonight. If you can send me the contents in your C:\ProgramData\RadioLog folder, I can tell if it is them same issue you are experiencing (probably is, but want to be sure).

Thanks,
Joe

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
First run, not a good experience :(

Hi Joe,

The version from the web install I just downloaded was labeled as ver 1.0
The update software button did not do anything, or so it appears.
I tried to add a source, I right click mouse a dialog box opens and wont let me make any selections from the box I have to "esc out" and use "cntl-V". in other words the cut and past box don't work I have to use the cntlV/cntrlC to cut and paste, also the cursor in the text boxes don't line up with the characters as entered.
I don't like the fact that I cannot see where the install/setup program installs the program to or ask if I can choose a different location.

My virus ware tried to flag your ware as suspect.

I use Avast and Trend Micro.

I would be nice to have a down loadable files set that can be scanned and checked instead of installing right from a web page, I have issues with that.
I would like a bit more control on where it goes and such.

When I did get a stream to load and play , I could not use the volume sliders.
When I tried to add a second stream it would not save. it just disappeared to where ??

I know your ware is real new and you probably have a lot on your plate to fix.

But I think I will wait and try again later and see how your progressing, this looks good from the screen shots.

I used the add remove programs from the control panel to remove what I thought
was your program, but since I don't know where it installed it to I cannot verify it got done.

I am running XP service pack 3 on one PC & Win7pro on another.

Needless to say I had a poor first experience with your product.

I will give a bit before returning to check it out further.

You could make the trial to be a bit longer till you get it improved some more, 3 days not quite long enough. IMHO

Your pricing is on target though.

It looks like it could be a great product.

So I am not ruling you out yet!

73 for now

HH

KC2YSI

Premium Subscriber
scancapecod, Sorry about the delay, if you were getting an internal error there would have been a "RadioLog.txt" file in that directory. I did find the issue though, and an update has been posted. This should also fix the issue w2lie has been experiencing as well.

KC1UA

Database Admin
No need to apologize! Looking at those two files made it clear to me they were not error logs anyway.

Update installed, no change in active local sources lighting up; maybe that's a fix for down the road. I must retire for the night, work in the AM, but keep up the great work!

Thanks...Scott

KC2YSI

Premium Subscriber
hkharry,
Sorry your experience was less than ideal. The installer is based on the Microsoft ClickOnce installer and update system for .Net. When the application installs, it is put into a "Sandbox" so that it does not interfere with anything else on your system. It is also very limited to what access it has to your system. The reason for the security warnings is because the current installer is not signed by a certificate authority. This is a long and expensive process, but it is started. I will post an update here when it is complete.

Joe

KC2YSI

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone,
There is an update now that fixes a lot of issues users have been seeing (editing in Agency/Unit/Radio grids, re-layout of screens after editing, noise filtering, etc). It also adds support for Uniden 396/996/436/536/HP-1 scanners.
In addition to this update, I'm also announcing a scanner giveaway. One of the first 50 customers (people that already purchased are included) will be randomly selected to win either a BCD996XT or HomePatrol-1 scanner (winner's choice). Each purchase is good for 1 entry. I will be posting the progress and/or winner here daily.

Thanks,
Joe, KC2YSI

KC1UA

Database Admin
Any recording settings changed on the fly on any of the feeds seems to result in the feed no longer being received. Disabling and re-enabling it starts reception again.

With regards to the "padding" setting; is that a delay before the existing file is closed and a new one is written?

Audio files get very huge very fast. Wonder what you're using for settings?

KC1UA

Database Admin
Thought for the future: The software should probably have an "unregister" option so if a user wants to move it to another PC or is upgrading to a new PC they can move it without your interaction. ProScan has this feature and it works well.

KC2YSI

Premium Subscriber
The padding setting is the amount of time (in seconds) that I will wait and use the same file if no audio is present. So if your setting is 15, and there is constant audio for 3 minutes then silence, the file will be 3 minutes and 15 seconds long. The WAV files are saved in 48k, 16 bit, 1 channel format. That is a very high quality format. I can probably add a setting to allow adjustment of the format so they don't take so much space.

KC2YSI

Premium Subscriber
scancapecod,
I'm using a third-party licensing control which does not have that at the moment. They will have that feature in their next release (a week or two). If anyone wants to move a license from one machine to another for now, just shoot me an email (support@responderapps.com) with the license key and I'll make sure the server is setup to re-activate that license.

SRSP2282

Premium Subscriber
First off let me just say, WOW! This software holds great potential. I do a lot of recording from multiple sources and to be able to bring much of that task under one app will be truly fantastic. Integrated MDC decoding is a real bonus.

I have enjoyed playing with the software and love that you have incorporated the ability to record from internet feeds.

Unfortunately I am not able to try the software with physical radios... When I attempt to add a new source the only option available is "Streaming Audio". The options for "Line In" and "Mic Line In" are greyed out and not to able to be selected... Any thoughts? Im using a comp with Win XP Pro and multiple sounds cards.

Also, there is nothing being recorded in the log underneath the audio sources. Is that not a capability of audio from streaming sources?

As I'm sure you've noticed you have tapped into a great resource of "beta testers" here at radioreference. Perhaps you might consider providing an extended trail license, for those of us willing to provide feedback and troubleshoot bugs.

kc2kvy

Feed Provider
Playing around with the demo, I quickly added a ton of feeds. Is there a way you can make folders or otherwise organize inactive feeds? I've run out of space and can't see several of the feeds. At least a scroll bar to continue downwards?

KC2YSI

Premium Subscriber
SRSP2282, Do you have anything plugged into the sound cards? Depending on the sound card, the sound card is not available without something plugged into it. If there is a RadioLog.txt file in your C:\ProgramData\RadioLog folder, can you email it to me at support@responderapps.com. Also, the log below the feeds are for the decoded signals. I'm working on adding the list of recorded audio as well.

kc2kvy, I am working on a solution to viewing lots of feeds at the same time.

KC2YSI

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have a preference on how they would like to view a large amount of feeds at the same time? I can either make the grids smaller on the bottom or list all the feeds in a list along the left side, or add a tab at the top so you can switch back and forth between the feed view and grids. I'm open to any suggestions anyone may have.

ResQguy

Meh
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have a preference on how they would like to view a large amount of feeds at the same time? I can either make the grids smaller on the bottom or list all the feeds in a list along the left side, or add a tab at the top so you can switch back and forth between the feed view and grids. I'm open to any suggestions anyone may have.

What if the individual feed boxes were dynamically sized? As in, they get progressively smaller (to a certain point) to fit more in the window. Once you hit a certain size, a scroll bar would appear to view additional feeds.

Or maybe you could make tabs at the top of the screen for folders like we have on the Centracom and MCC7500 consoles.

KC2YSI

Premium Subscriber
ResQguy, that could work. What I was thinking was 2 tabs that are always visible (All Feeds and Decoded Signals), then the ability to add more tags for "Groups" of feeds. I would probably add the ability to Mute/Un-mute an entire group, and the ability to show/hide the detailed controls (enabled/record/volume) with a popup for those.

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
hkharry,
Sorry your experience was less than ideal. The installer is based on the Microsoft ClickOnce installer and update system for .Net. When the application installs, it is put into a "Sandbox" so that it does not interfere with anything else on your system. It is also very limited to what access it has to your system. The reason for the security warnings is because the current installer is not signed by a certificate authority. This is a long and expensive process, but it is started. I will post an update here when it is complete.

Joe

Hey not a problem, all noted!.

Your product looks to me like it will be a winner.

And the pricing is about right too!

I am looking forward to trying it again soon.

Tnx

HH

KC1UA

Database Admin

This may be problematic but I'd love to see a way to drag the feeds into different locations for better organization by region.

Maybe smaller grids would work. This is one of the reasons why I suggested the smaller font size in the radio ID section so that when a larger amount of feeds are present a maximum amount of radio ID's are still available for viewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.