New Uniden SDS100 Handheld

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Bloody UGLY, hope it not gonna look like this, its worse than the Whistler to look at, and that is dam ugly.

The artwork depicting the SDS100 looks attractive to me, but it's been my experience that beauty is usually in the eye of the beholder. After 47 years of marriage, I'm still worried that my wife will wake up some morning and realize she's married to a downright homely (if not "Bloody UGLY") old guy!

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
The two biggest factors affecting our hobby:

1) Encryption
2) Simulcast Systems

Uniden and Whistler can't solve #1. Whoever solves #2 will sell many scanners

Fancy displays, built in GPS, NXDN, drop in chargers, etc. are all secondary.

Simple as that!!!

Agreed!!!

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
Okay then, So there is a chance we might still see a Black 396XTD ! . D for DMR and nxDn . And NXDN for the x36HP's.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
Lots of one-way and two-way communication products have Bluetooth and WiFi capabilities. The arguments against implementing them may have been true years ago with older tech, but not necessarily now, with modern equipment.

This.

My Motorola XPR7550 has bluetooth in it for audio and programming. Updated 'e' version has WiFi too.

The new BearTracker CB has GPS.

Bluetooth operates in 2.4GHz well out of the range of the scanners.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Twelve pages, the rumor is squelched by an authoritative source and this thread is not gonna die.

mule1075

Feed Provider
A very narrow range of frequencies to contend with compared to a wide band scanning receiver.

HERE IS UNIDENS OFFICIAL RESPONSE : 1) BCD436HP is still in production.

2) What was posted was an inaccurate and incomplete page from a PowerPoint of possible new product concepts. If it comes to fruition, I can guarantee that it will have some features not mentioned and will not have several features that were mentioned...and will have significant differences in appearance from what was posted.

3) Uniden did not intentionally leak this. It was unsanctioned and pulled from a page that included several important disclaimers.

4) If you contact Uniden Support, they will have absolutely no more information than you see in this post and in the leaked information. So, leave them alone, please.

5) I intend for this to be my only post regarding this matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So what is your point? Anything to add?

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
1) BCD436HP is still in production.

2) What was posted was an inaccurate and incomplete page from a PowerPoint of possible new product concepts. If it comes to fruition, I can guarantee that it will have some features not mentioned and will not have several features that were mentioned...and will have significant differences in appearance from what was posted.

3) Uniden did not intentionally leak this. It was unsanctioned and pulled from a page that included several important disclaimers.

4) If you contact Uniden Support, they will have absolutely no more information than you see in this post and in the leaked information. So, leave them alone, please.

5) I intend for this to be my only post regarding this matter.

1) 436 not going away yet

2) Possible new product, can't confirm/deny, will have features not mentioned in leak (DMR/NXDN/C4FM/DSTAR), will not have some things mentioned in thread (display stuff/pc sdr access/puppies/kittens), will look different than 3d render model (black/wording changes)

3) Prove we did or didn't, we can say what we want

4) obviously

5) hold your breath and wait

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
So, in the final analysis, it wasn't a hoax nor was it a leak of a finished/nearly finished product whose release was imminent.

It was an unintentional, unauthorized leak of a product concept.

One thing is certain, though: Uniden is thinking ahead and hasn't abandoned the consumer scanner market. At least not yet. I do hope that the Uniden folks have looked this thread over and have used it as feedback on the SDS100 concept.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
So, in the final analysis, it wasn't a hoax nor was it a leak of a finished/nearly finished product whose release was imminent.

It was an unintentional, unauthorized leak of a product concept.

One thing is certain, though: Uniden is thinking ahead and hasn't abandoned the consumer scanner market. At least not yet. I do hope that the Uniden folks have looked this thread over and have used it as feedback on the SDS100 concept.
I love all of the conspiracy theories on here. Just because it cannot be confirmed automatically people thinks it's a hoax. People have no concept of reality when it comes to corporate mentality.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
I'm still going with intentional leak. If this presentation was given, which by UPMan's statement, it was, anyone it was shown to would have been made to sign an NDA, as has been past practice by Uniden. Nobody who wants to keep selling Uniden products would violate an NDA, so I guess the truth about whether or not the leak was sanctioned lies in whether or not Universal Radio continues to be a Uniden dealer.

I'm just here to chum the waters :)

phask

Premium Subscriber
I'll wait for the desk model, 24" monitor, 4k video, bluetooth, zwave, zigbee, wi-fi, wireless 20db gain antenna - and still fits in a DIN profile.

Decoding of infaredremotes as well as every known RF variant, DMR ,Nextedge,and Tetra

Alpha, Omega, and pig-latin will be available for a $40.00 charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.