New Uniden SDS100 Handheld

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
So, in the final analysis, it wasn't a hoax nor was it a leak of a finished/nearly finished product whose release was imminent.

It was an unintentional, unauthorized leak of a product concept.

One thing is certain, though: Uniden is thinking ahead and hasn't abandoned the consumer scanner market. At least not yet. I do hope that the Uniden folks have looked this thread over and have used it as feedback on the SDS100 concept.

I think one other thing is certain: You ain't ever gonna see that scanner.

Just like Detroit's concept cars, those cars never make it to market.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ

However there were many cars in Detroit that come out based on concept vehicles. And you might see the same thing here with this Uniden scanner. I truly believe Uniden is working on a replacement for the 436 model and is testing various prototypes as we speak.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
Somebody pulled a fast one on Universal Radio and got 'em real good. Got a bunch of drama queens all wound up about it, too. Some of whom won't come unwound even after Paul Optiz went and snapped their rubber band...

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber

Well, not quite. As UPMan posted, we won't see a scanner spec'd exactly as indicated in the leaked concept material. That could mean just about anything. As for the bit about concept cars, I can't recall a concept car hitting the open market exactly as it appeared at an autoshow either, but many times design cues/features do end up in production models.

Somebody pulled a fast one on Universal Radio and got 'em real good

I don't see someone duping Universal Radio. I think the more likely scenario is that they themselves jumped the gun, either by missing what UPMan said were obvious disclaimers or by accidentally making a placeholder page live on their website.

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
Some of you guys sound like Killary fans on November 9th, lying to yourselves and saying stuff like, "It's not over! It can still happen! The Electoral College [Uniden] will save us!"

It's *almost* as fun to watch now as it was then ;-)

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
Some of you guys sound like Killary fans on November 9th, lying to yourselves and saying stuff like, "It's not over! It can still happen! The Electoral College [Uniden] will save us!"

It's *almost* as fun to watch now as it was then ;-)

I don't believe that to be true of anyone here.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
However there were many cars in Detroit that come out based on concept vehicles. And you might see the same thing here with this Uniden scanner. I truly believe Uniden is working on a replacement for the 436 model and is testing various prototypes as we speak.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Of course they are. I suspect they already had ideas in the works when they released the existing radios. Any company dealing with current technology looks to the future to be able to stay up to date.

N9PBD

Premium Subscriber
aa801a9ce1f784efb6efa6e42de066c0a9db04ca892a46dbc23c0ab63060e76c.jpg

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
Sure, the horse is beyond dead. At least it's a bit more fun than, say, complaining about the continued lack of NXDN, Uniden's silence on the analyze feature, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.