Northern Kentucky Regional Communications System (NKYRCS)

KyFireFreak

Feed Provider
Yes, since the cut-over I have heard them assigning 8TAC92D. It is labeled AIR GROUND in the radios.

Being that Campbell FD's are still using VHF for now I'm not sure how they will be handling mutual/auto aid right now. Newport and Covington used to make a good amount of runs back and forth.

I know that Newport FD has rented radios to use for mutual aid calls into Covington until they are able to purchase their own. I have no idea what the rest of the county is doing, if anything. Last I heard, they are still in a holding pattern to see if they are approved for grant money to purchase for the FD's in Campbell Co.

Towfiredog550

Premium Subscriber
Can you put together a streaming “scanner” per say from Broadcastify and listen to it Via computer or iphone? This uniden 436 is not very good in my opinion. I can not hardly pick up anything.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Can you put together a streaming “scanner” per say from Broadcastify and listen to it Via computer or iphone? This uniden 436 is not very good in my opinion. I can not hardly pick up anything.
This is a nice part of the Broadcastify Calls platform, if the node owners are feeding the ENTIRE system the Calls user can setup a custom "scanner" or scan list to hear only what they want to hear. With the standard feeds you are forced to listen to whatever the feed provider is scanning.

As of right now only the Boone County talk groups are currently available on Broadcastify Calls.

KyFireFreak

Feed Provider
Does anyone know if the city of Walton and Florence public works has their own Talk Groups on the Northern Kentucky P25 system??

In Kenton Co every city was issued talkgroups as well as the county wide talkgroups for Public Works. One can only assume that Boone and Campbell Counties are the same. I have not listened to the Boone Co site much to notice.

On another note. Campbell County fire departments have been awarded their grant to purchase radios and should be coming online in the near future.

MikeSmith0096

Yeah I have seen where Boone county public works was just added to the list. And thank you KyFireFreak you answered my next question on Campbell County Fire switching over. Also Campbell County Public Works As well? Thank you for the info.

MikeSmith0096

Thank you scannerboy02 for the info!! I don’t know how you all figure it out but you all are Awesome!

Thanks again and have a great holiday weekend!!

MikeSmith0096

Hey if anyone didn’t know I believe TG 4999 is either Kenton County or Boone County Dentition center. Hearing testing on the group now.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that three talkgroups have been added to the database 30019, 30022 and 30024. The descriptions of those talkgroups do not match the list I have so I am wondering what the source is for that information?

Also, the alpha tags in the database are not the official alfa tags being used in the radios. It was my understanding that alpha tags were to match what's actually in the radios when that information is know. That information has been posted here in this thread so it is known.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
For those radio geeks like me, today marks one year since the radio system went on the air. One year and some agencies are still not on the system.

kymarkh

Premium Subscriber
I blame this thread on my SDS100 purchase yesterday. It is working very well so far and I did not know what I was missing. It seems like, for the most part, audio is very clean and clear on this system and I have been very pleased with what I have been able to hear so far.

BaldSafetyGuy

Premium Subscriber
Campbell County fire departments won the grant they were seeking to purchase radio equipment. Article states that the equipment should be in by February so maybe then the fire side will finally switch to the new system.

toddnbarbie

Premium Subscriber
Covingtion Fire Department has returned their Harris Radios back and now have Motorola APX radios. Portable radios are in service and mobiles should be in trucks within the next week or so
Sounds so much better on the system

Qwerty7

Premium Subscriber
Hello--I am not enjoying listening to LEO & FD activity on the new Tri-County System. I found it to be more enjoyable when they were on the old Analog system. The Deputy Car-to-Car and Records requests are now encrypted. You hear the initial call and then nothing. Any information which would flesh out the call for the listener is now "in the notes" dispatch sends to the unit via MDT. Occasionally, there is a chase or fast moving event that can be interesting but they are few and far between. As for Fire/EMS most calls are "difficulty breathing" and any details are "in the notes" keeping the listener only able to hear the initial callout followed by nothing. At least you get the location. The Sheriffs Dept. also seem to use low audio output at times making it difficult to hear some Deputies.
So it may not be fully encrypted but they have learned how to strip out what made listening fun. So I find myself listening to Cincinnati MARCS which is much more enjoyable and less restrictive. Hope it lasts.
This is probably the case in many cities across the country. Long time listeners would be able to tell the difference moreso than younger scannists. It has really changed.
Querty7