Oakland problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

phintar

I want to monitor Oakland FD, and have it record onto my computer while I am away from my scanner. I know how to do all that and have it all hooked up, but here is my problem. I have Oakland programmed just like RR says to have it programmed, but every once in a while it will make this horrible noise that lasts for an hour some times. That whole time I am missing stuff. It will do this 8-10 times in one night. So when I wake up and want to see what happened the night before, all I have is this nasty noise recorded. FYI: I have a BC898T
I am at a total loss and cant seem to get this thing to work right. Oh and also I guess I should let you know that I know I have it programmed right, because sometimes it works GREAT! I dont get it, and Im about to go buy a new radio, thinking that the radio is the problem... HELP!

cousinkix1953

The C Crane Company sells long play recorders and scanners. Ask them if the two can be used together. If the Oakland FD is generating this noise (and not your computer) then forget it...

dougr1252

Can you post your programming details? How about a clip of the noise? Then we'd have a better chance of figuring out the issue. When I'm in that area, I typically only have the FD groups on and I never hear any noise.

jmm346

Last I checked, Oakland FD is still being transmitted on that new system. If you happen to have a digital scanner, try the P25 system that they're testing.

I want to monitor Oakland FD, and have it record onto my computer while I am away from my scanner. I know how to do all that and have it all hooked up, but here is my problem. I have Oakland programmed just like RR says to have it programmed, but every once in a while it will make this horrible noise that lasts for an hour some times. That whole time I am missing stuff. It will do this 8-10 times in one night. So when I wake up and want to see what happened the night before, all I have is this nasty noise recorded. FYI: I have a BC898T
I am at a total loss and cant seem to get this thing to work right. Oh and also I guess I should let you know that I know I have it programmed right, because sometimes it works GREAT! I dont get it, and Im about to go buy a new radio, thinking that the radio is the problem... HELP!

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Some of the logical channel numbers from the original system were taken over by the new system, and need to be locked out if you have them programmed. I believe it's channels 1, 5 (part of Seneca Site), 7 and 10. The info for Oakland EDACS currently in the database is accurate.

I'm guessing the noise you were hearing was the P25 control channel from the new site. People have been reporting that it "locks up" their scanner. Instead, you probably just have the new system frequencies still included with the old system, and they can be locked out or deleted.

dougr1252

That's what I thought, but my 330T still has the old lineup programmed in it, and it ignores the digital stuff. Maybe it depends on the actual radio.

Some of the logical channel numbers from the original system were taken over by the new system, and need to be locked out if you have them programmed. I believe it's channels 1, 5 (part of Seneca Site), 7 and 10. The info for Oakland EDACS currently in the database is accurate.

I'm guessing the noise you were hearing was the P25 control channel from the new site. People have been reporting that it "locks up" their scanner. Instead, you probably just have the new system frequencies still included with the old system, and they can be locked out or deleted.

phintar

Thank you ALL!

Well I ended up fixing my problem by going out and getting a new digital radio and it works just fine now... Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.