OFFICIAL MSWIN Thread

KE5TLF

Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
1,559
Reaction score
3
Location
MS Gulf Coast
It's just some addtional voice channels. Nothing really that useful, as far as freqs. go, and certainly nothing to get that excited about. All the really useful freqs. (aka control channels) are, and will continue to be, under the state license. As witnessed by the FCC's rejection of the application for the additional frequency added to Vancleave as it is already covered under the state license.

Some good info in that document for sure, but the freqs are not the most interesting part of it.
 

KE5TLF

Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
1,559
Reaction score
3
Location
MS Gulf Coast
Just to add to that and a general FYI, there is in the neighborhood of 24 primary control channels. Plus a few odd ball ones here an there. (SOW's, Temps, etc.)

So my point is you can program all the primary CC's from the DB and will have a pretty good chance of finding anything that may yet to be discovered.

Really need an update on the two permanent Winston County sites(219 and 220) too.
 

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
0
Reaction score
116
Location
Virginia
TDMA on Natchez South

Reviewing Natchez South tower results from Pro96Com, TDMA has crept in sometime over the last 48-72 hours. Of little consequence, however, because the local usage of MSWIN is still pretty minimal to nonexistent. Still dominated mostly by the usual suspects, MHP, Wildlife and Fisheries, MDOT LE, MDOT Maintenance and occasional MFC use. Franklin Co. Sheriff is on MSWIN, but rarely uses it. Have monitored Amite Co. Sheriff testing 700 mhz and they're rumored to be coming on board.........
 

AC0RV

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Dec 19, 2000
Messages
1,932
Reaction score
98
Location
Park Hills, MO
What is the status for the area above Madison County, MS for the MSWIN sysytem, Especially along I-55.
 

morrisr3nd

Just kind of taking it all in
Joined
Sep 1, 2012
Messages
426
Reaction score
167
Location
Hattiesburg, MS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A403 Safari/8536.25)

Has anyone heard whether Hattiesburg will be going on MSWIN? I have heard through the grapevine that PD and FD have no plans. I know that Lamar County plans on going full digital next month. At least the VFD.
 

KE5TLF

Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
1,559
Reaction score
3
Location
MS Gulf Coast
Another plea to anyone that's capable to provide some site updates. Really need some status updates on the Delta Flood Temps and SOWs. It's a great time of year to get out and take a nice little country joy ride with the windows down. (with a scanner, laptop, cable, and Pro96Com in tow too, of course :D)

Need to know what, if any, changes have occurred to the two Winston County sites.
What, if any, SOW's are on/off the air now.
What sites along the river delta have been turned down and replaced with permanent sites.
Anything from any area with missing site info.
 

AC0RV

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Dec 19, 2000
Messages
1,932
Reaction score
98
Location
Park Hills, MO
I like asked earlier whats happen for area from the Ms Stateline at TN to the Jackson MS area along I-55.


Thanks
 

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
756
Reaction score
1
Location
Memphis, TN
Another plea to anyone that's capable to provide some site updates. Really need some status updates on the Delta Flood Temps and SOWs. It's a great time of year to get out and take a nice little country joy ride with the windows down. (with a scanner, laptop, cable, and Pro96Com in tow too, of course :D)

Need to know what, if any, changes have occurred to the two Winston County sites.
What, if any, SOW's are on/off the air now.
What sites along the river delta have been turned down and replaced with permanent sites.
Anything from any area with missing site info.

I programmed the temp site freqs in Bolivar County and haven't heard a single transmission.
 

KE5TLF

Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
1,559
Reaction score
3
Location
MS Gulf Coast
I programmed the temp site freqs in Bolivar County and haven't heard a single transmission.

Ok that's interesting. There's definitely something up there active since MDOT Enforcement District B-(BOY) are still being heard daily, by me, as they have been since shortly after those temp sites were put up. For that matter all MDOT districts are now active on MSWIN in all areas of the state. Though I'm sure there's still some sites that are not turned up yet, so I'm also sure there's still some gaps in coverage.

As I suggested above you may want to make a site with all the 24(give or take) known "permanent" site control channels. That's really all you need.

I'll put them all in a list and post them here shortly. Hopefully that'll help too.

EDIT: Add CC List:
01 769.906250
02 769.918750
03 769.931250
04 769.943750
05 769.956250
06 769.968750
07 770.906250
08 770.918750
09 770.931250
10 770.943750
11 770.956250
12 770.968750
13 773.781250
14 773.793750
15 773.806250
16 773.818750
17 773.831250
18 774.318750 <---Site 207 only so far
19 774.656250 <---Site 250 only so far
20 774.781250
21 774.793750
22 774.806250
23 774.818750
24 774.831250

"Oddball" SOW only CC's
770.71875
773.84375
774.84375

Also see attached files in your preffered format for every possible control channel for the system. (primary and alts)
 

Attachments

  • MSWIN ALL CC PDF TXT EXCEL.zip
    97.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

fryan

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
Location
Jackson, MS
Winston Co Sites

I captured this info yesterday... I don't believe there has been any changes...
 

Attachments

  • Tower0251.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 148
  • Tower0252.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 133

KE5TLF

Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
1,559
Reaction score
3
Location
MS Gulf Coast
I captured this info yesterday... I don't believe there has been any changes...

Welcome back man. Been a while. Thanks for the feedback. Always good to see fresh logs, and I can already see the site neighbors list for 252 is more filled out now than they were last time. I also see you caught the new CWID/License and voice freqs for it too. Not hugely important but I'm a stickler for all those tiny details :p

I guess those two are pretty low priority for them since they are working just fine. As opposed to turning up sites where there is no coverage whatsoever. I know they must be strecthed pretty thin with ongoing new construction, testing and final certifications and reprogramming all the existing sites for TDMA. Someone was in range of at least 1 of the 3 sites I always monitor almost daily allowing me to hear them working all over the place for about 3 weeks here a while back.
 
Last edited:

KE5TLF

Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
1,559
Reaction score
3
Location
MS Gulf Coast

Avery93

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 1, 2009
Messages
580
Reaction score
61
Location
AL
Site Map: Mississippi Wireless Integrated Network (MSWIN) Trunking System, Jackson, Mississippi

Every tower site in the system is now entered in the DB so no excuses for not being able to physically find them :p (though whether or not they are transmitting is a different story.)

Also for the sites without any CC data listed yet, one of the listed freqs should be CWIDing every twenty minutes(or so) if the site is active and updated for TDMA.

Any idea how long before the MSWIN Phase III towers start coming on-line? I drove by the Tremont tower in Itawamba County about a month ago and it appeared to be completed with 4 whip antennas, 2 small microwave dishes and an equipment enclosure, but I haven't heard anything new on 700 mHz yet.
 

morrisr3nd

Just kind of taking it all in
Joined
Sep 1, 2012
Messages
426
Reaction score
167
Location
Hattiesburg, MS
What do the towers look like

Site Map: Mississippi Wireless Integrated Network (MSWIN) Trunking System, Jackson, Mississippi

Every tower site in the system is now entered in the DB so no excuses for not being able to physically find them :p (though whether or not they are transmitting is a different story.)

Also for the sites without any CC data listed yet, one of the listed freqs should be CWIDing every twenty minutes(or so) if the site is active and updated for TDMA.


KE5TLF,

Do you have a picture of what these towers look like. I travel nationwide and would like to know what I'm looking for
 

KE5TLF

Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
1,559
Reaction score
3
Location
MS Gulf Coast
Any idea how long before the MSWIN Phase III towers start coming on-line? I drove by the Tremont tower in Itawamba County about a month ago and it appeared to be completed with 4 whip antennas, 2 small microwave dishes and an equipment enclosure, but I haven't heard anything new on 700 mHz yet.
No idea on anything specific. I think their goal is to have most everything turned up by the end of the year. I'm pretty sure it won't be 100% by then, if for no other reason than a couple of site approvals didn't go so smoothly, but I can see it being pretty close to that.

KE5TLF,

Do you have a picture of what these towers look like. I travel nationwide and would like to know what I'm looking for
Yep there are some in my photo album here on RR.(view my forum profile) They are pretty old, and are only examples of what the guyed towers look like, but should give you some idea. I've many other pics too. I'll upload some more now that I know there is some interest in them. :)
 

KE5TLF

Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
1,559
Reaction score
3
Location
MS Gulf Coast
Most all zone 1 and many zone 2 sites can be seen in Google Earth, and may be a fun way to view them too. GE kmz file attached along with most every other GPS format. (Mapsource, delimited txt, MPS and GPX.)

I'll work on uploading some more actual ground level pics here shortly too. The Mendenhall tower(just to name one) shows up pretty nicely in GE if you want a quick, birds eye, look at what the free standing towers look like.

(oh, there's some Entergy towers in there too. Just too lazy and tired to delete them right now.:p)

EDIT: More photos added now The RadioReference.com Forums - KE5TLF's Albums
 

Attachments

  • MSWIN All Google Earth.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 75
  • MSWIN All gdb mps txt gpx.zip
    22.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

KE5TLF

Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
1,559
Reaction score
3
Location
MS Gulf Coast
Finally figured out the right URL for the mobile coverage map posted on the MSWIN Status area. Still screwed up on the WCC site though.

MSWIN Mobile Coverage Map

With the recently added sites along the I-55 corridor it should be even more now.

Oh and the meeting minutes have finally been updated again now too. (July, August, and September)
 
Last edited:
Top