OFFICIAL MSWIN Thread

slhbeard

Premium Subscriber
Pafford covers the county of Vickbugs, Washington, Yazoo, Rankin, Madison, Bolivar - Tallahatchie County, Coahoma, Tate, Tunica, Starkville and some more county.

I guess that what you heard then
I was referring to Central Mississippi. I hear GREENVILLE, sometimes Starkville, Bolivar, Coahoma quite regulary.

Hammerguy69

Paffored has two separate groups. One in the Delta/N MS is managed out of Hope, AR. The southern group us based out of Ruston, LA and run out of Madison.

djake

Premium Subscriber
OK, but who is 62072 and where do they cover?
TG 62072 is used by Pafford in Concordia Parish, La. and Adams County, Ms. I can also hear them dispatching in Rankin County
when I am mobile. Possibly more tower access is why you are hearing them.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
TG 62072 is used by Pafford in Concordia Parish, La. and Adams County, Ms. I can also hear them dispatching in Rankin County
when I am mobile. Possibly more tower access is why you are hearing them.
So, Pafford jumping in on the landscape with AMR, Rural-Metro, and Med Express for the Metro Natchez dollars. Who is primary EMS Contract for Adams County, and Natchez now?

flametamer

So, Pafford jumping in on the landscape with AMR, Rural-Metro, and Med Express for the Metro Natchez dollars. Who is primary EMS Contract for Adams County, and Natchez now?
It looks like AMR and Metro Rural(not to be confused with Rural/Metro EMS that was absorbed by AMR) are both in Natchez. Pafford & Med Express don't list anything in Natchez or Adams Co.

Dt

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Med Express was based in Vidalia/Ferriday, Louisiana, (at one point they had basically shut Acadian out of Concordia Parish) but had units stationed in Natchez, and made frequent runs to NRH, and used to go to what used to be "charity" hospital in Natchez. They still have an VHF repeater in Natchez as its a higher vantage point than the lower flatter Concordia Parish, though they now mainly use the LWIN. They were mainly a "private" ambulance agency and used for transfers in MS. They never had an contract at least in Adams County as an primary or backup EMS service. But they still had a big chunk of the Adams County cash cow. (They also used to be the main EMS agency for Jefferson County) Pafford was rarely in Natchez back in the day except for rare transfers, or the Air One flight from LA. Though now Pafford has expanded into a very large regional service for MS, AR, and LA, so it would not surprise me to see them start making more inroads in the South/Southwest MS areas. Of course Pafford has MSWIN, AWIN, and some LWIN access, with those also tied into the VHF system they have. Back in the day, AMR had City of Natchez, and Metro-Rural had Adams County. Then I think for a while AMR lost the bid and MR had both, but then AMR got Natchez back again. Now I am not sure who runs which.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Not to further muddy the waters, but radio-wise Pafford has become pretty active on the Coast recently. Pro96Com on site 117 has been reporting 62040, 62043 and 64032 as active for around the past month.

I still have not seen any of their units here.

djake

Premium Subscriber
Med Express was based in Vidalia/Ferriday, Louisiana, (at one point they had basically shut Acadian out of Concordia Parish) but had units stationed in Natchez, and made frequent runs to NRH, and used to go to what used to be "charity" hospital in Natchez. They still have an VHF repeater in Natchez as its a higher vantage point than the lower flatter Concordia Parish, though they now mainly use the LWIN. They were mainly a "private" ambulance agency and used for transfers in MS. They never had an contract at least in Adams County as an primary or backup EMS service. But they still had a big chunk of the Adams County cash cow. (They also used to be the main EMS agency for Jefferson County) Pafford was rarely in Natchez back in the day except for rare transfers, or the Air One flight from LA. Though now Pafford has expanded into a very large regional service for MS, AR, and LA, so it would not surprise me to see them start making more inroads in the South/Southwest MS areas. Of course Pafford has MSWIN, AWIN, and some LWIN access, with those also tied into the VHF system they have. Back in the day, AMR had City of Natchez, and Metro-Rural had Adams County. Then I think for a while AMR lost the bid and MR had both, but then AMR got Natchez back again. Now I am not sure who runs which.
Med Express currently runs only a few transfers in Vidalia and Natchez. At one time AMR, Med Express and Emergy-Stat all ran in Adams County. After E-S went under AMR and Med Express ran calls in all of Adams County. In 2002 a group of ex- AMR management started a company called Metro Rural Services (then Metro Ambulance, et al) and later sold part interest in the company to ASAP out of Laurel, Ms.
One of the partners in the Metro/ ASAP partnership sold out to Pafford and now they run here. Along with Metro Rural/ ASAP.

Rural Metro has never had a presence here, and that is a data base error. The AMR operation here began as a Metro Ambulance Service location out of Monroe, La. It was purchased by AMR. Hence the confusion with names.

Currently AMR has the contract for Adams County (and the city of Natchez). There has never been a split contract for City/ County calls. Natchez Regional Medical Center was a County funded facility, not a charity hospital, even thought they took all patients. It is now a Merit Health facility.

Emergy-Stat ran in Jefferson County after the Hospital got out of the ambulance business, then AMR and currently ASAP.

Med Express came into Ferriday, La., as a competitor to Riverland Medical Center's ambulance service. AMR took over that service and Acadian did not pursue the issue since they would not be a sole provider. Currently AMR, ASAP/ Metro and Pafford run in Concordia Parish.