PA Statewide P25 Phase 2 System

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
But let me ask a question what is it when you guys put Lehigh crew 20 and Lehigh crew 30 and Lehigh crew 40 what are those

Given the numbering scheme historically used by PennDOT to identify personnel, the assumption is that each of the channels is for the crews assigned to one of the assistant managers for that county. The number of assistant managers varies by county. I don't really pay enough attention to PennDOT to figure out if that is how they are using the groups nowadays, but that was the intent when the scheme was developed, or so I am told.

County Maintenance Offices
County Name + 1 - Maintenance Manager
County Name + 2 - County Equipment Manager
County Name + 4-19 - Specialized Crew Foremen
County Name + 20, 30, 40, etc - Assistant County Maintenance Managers
County Name + 21-29, 31-39, 41-49, etc - Foremen under Asst. Co. Maintenance Managers
County Name + 91-99 - Additional Foremen
County Name + 110-114 - Shop Pickups
County Name + 115-119 - Fuel Trucks
County Name + 121-124 - Sign Trucks
County Name + 125-129 - Low Boy Trucks
County Name + 130-139 - Special Equipment
County Name + Vehicle Number - Dump Trucks

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
Given the numbering scheme historically used by PennDOT to identify personnel, the assumption is that each of the channels is for the crews assigned to one of the assistant managers for that county. The number of assistant managers varies by county. I don't really pay enough attention to PennDOT to figure out if that is how they are using the groups nowadays, but that was the intent when the scheme was developed, or so I am told.

County Maintenance Offices
County Name + 1 - Maintenance Manager
County Name + 2 - County Equipment Manager
County Name + 4-19 - Specialized Crew Foremen
County Name + 20, 30, 40, etc - Assistant County Maintenance Managers
County Name + 21-29, 31-39, 41-49, etc - Foremen under Asst. Co. Maintenance Managers
County Name + 91-99 - Additional Foremen
County Name + 110-114 - Shop Pickups
County Name + 115-119 - Fuel Trucks
County Name + 121-124 - Sign Trucks
County Name + 125-129 - Low Boy Trucks
County Name + 130-139 - Special Equipment
County Name + Vehicle Number - Dump Trucks
That makes sense from what I was hearing during the storm. You learn something new everyday I guess.

Septa3371CSX1

Monitored Bucks County Penn DOT activity the other day coming across Philly 800 site. Looks like only Chester and Delaware Counties are left to switch over. Speaking of Chester County I noticed two different antennas on the trucks (only one antenna present on the trucks) - one a new looking silver one with black coils in the middle and a black cone at the base and the other a straight black antenna with springs in the middle.

bberns22

Monitored Bucks County Penn DOT activity the other day coming across Philly 800 site. Looks like only Chester and Delaware Counties are left to switch over. Speaking of Chester County I noticed two different antennas on the trucks (only one antenna present on the trucks) - one a new looking silver one with black coils in the middle and a black cone at the base and the other a straight black antenna with springs in the middle.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
I've heard Chester Co units saying "I was on the other radio" so they still appear to have Opensky and P25 radios in the mix.
TG 11121 has been very active in southern areas, They appear to be based out of the Oxford Stockpile and also mention Kennett frequently. 11121 Ches50 has been active. The others just seem to be random key-ups and radio checks, to date. (Observations based on monitoring from LANC33 and CHES96) CHES02 & CHES33 would likely yield better results than CHES31, If they're in range..

Last edited:

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
I was driving up I-79 this weekend and got nothing on the CRAW33 site yet. I'm guessing it is not on the air yet. One thing to note is that CRAW33 shares a frequency with ERIE40

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
In the Clear Radio Checks observed on TGID 13466 throughout the day RID's in the 1814xxx range on LANC33.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin

PaMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Checking sites 113,114, and 125 this AM I added the TG's: 13466,13475, 13476, and 13477. I labeled 13477 as DHHS? as that was in the Wiki and on both sites 113 and 114. Also several radio ID's in the 18140xx range. They were testing but didn't sound like tech's. Wasn't smart enough to save the log.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
I heard several proper names and what may have been "WRO3" IDK.. Think I heard a 900 Unit number mentioned.. Wasn't clear.. Bits and Pieces...

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
DCNR D19 Whiskey units testing with Swiftwater dispatch on Global Tac 5 all morning and afternoon.

Last edited:

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Sorry, I meant to type "Executive Offices" earlier...multitasking fail. In the doc I linked, the DC HR abbreviations indicate "Delivery Center" and "Human Resources". Delivery centers are consolidated admin functions covering multiple agencies (e.g. HR and IT across groups of agencies). Those functions have been consolidated in recent years. That leaves just the "Executive Offices" listing for the 81 designator. So, a bit of a puzzler to figure out the use. They could have just used the 81 designator for something else if there are no radios in use for the Executive Offices operations.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
The radio I had access to was an APX 4500 but their portables are 8000s. Do you have an email I can send you with the info I have because radioreference will not let me send you a message at all.

I understand you guys are referencing PSP but my old neighbor is a Penndot Super and his truck has a new Kenwood. Not sure if the encrypt schemes are system wide amongst all user but we know Penndot is in the clear. I’d imagine psp went with the multi band APX as we see mixture of sites on 7/800 and vhf. Not sure if the kenwoods are multiband as well , nor is it relevant to the topic , but thought I’d toss that info in.