RadioReference Receives a DMCA Takedown Notice from Priority Dispatch Corp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD7DDC

It's not for field use...it's used in the PSAP by dispatchers.

Used on EVERY single medical call in Utah. I had long figured them all out from listening before I ever knew what Priority Dispatch was or saw the official list.

I'm sure that right now, they're saying, "Well, we gave it a shot. No one can say we didn't try. Let's go get a beer."

They are based here in SLC so I highly doubt any beers will be drunk.

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
I often wonder about people that can't keep a job for more than a few years...

Legal counsel

"Part-time law professor at BYU Law School, teaching Ethics and Professional Responsibility."

Ooh, I always get a chuckle out of lawyers who talk about ethics... like Cookie Monster teaching kids how to eat healthy.

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
The codes are strictly to determine a response. Agencies that give them out over the air are weird.
Like Albuquerque, it straight up says the code and the type: MACH Fire Station Alerting & Automation/Albuquerque Fire Rescue Group Calls Live

Assuming Albuquerque uses the most up to date codes, anyone can freely monitor the scanner and slowly obtain and make a list, broadcastify just makes it easier. This is my weekly entertainment. Thank you Priority Dispatch Corp!

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound

Attachments

• PulsePoint API Reference Guide.pdf
    145.5 KB · Views: 85

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
Well, RR CEO did give up the MRA lawsuit battle.
10 years ago. Nice that they've grown a spine since then.

Either way, internet archive and various other caching projects across the internet would have already scooped most of that so you can view it elsewhere. A vain effort by crybaby copyright trolls.

jlinko

Premium Subscriber
Screenshot_20220421-014936~2.png
Above is an example of an incident page from our local PSAP CAD system, delivered via Active911. This information is often copied and pasted by recipients into social media posts, etc.

Sounds like your lawyer is doing due diligence. I would also check into those agencies that push CAD dispatch information, including IAED codes, over platforms like EDispatches, I Am Responding, and Pulse Point. This stuff is more in the public domain than they think. Could you copyright 10-codes?

I

RFI-EMI-GUY

Hence they will try death by a thousand cuts. They will not give up and make constant court battles out of this. You will win in the end, but they will make it cost you. And us, if it forces you to raise costs.
They have to write a "strong letter" first. Their lawyer charges by the hour.

gary123

Wiki by their nature are pages created by public input. By their nature everyone should or does take the contents with a grain of salt. Most of the laws/regulations/rules have been hashed out by Wikipedia. I suggest a check of rulings and previous lawsuits filed against Wikipedia may quickly answer any questions related to content within a wiki style page.

As far as the actual content from RRs perspective anyone can hear something and interpret what they think it means. That person can then share that information freely (1st amendment). In a identical situation the membership here regularly monitors unknown frequencies , talk groups etc. The membership then uses experience, similar situations and general assumption and experience to identify the specific user. The contents of the wiki could easily be generated through these methods. Almost all frequency databases are generated by this exact process.

One other point to pursue. Are the purchasers of the alleged contents signed to a NDA? If not then they have the right to disseminate the contents for free regardless of the fact they purchased them.

Status
Not open for further replies.