SIRN

Mylan

Feed Provider
I am willing to bet that the recent reception issue with Ohio County simulcast has something to do with the Moundsville site being down because I was able to receive both sites at my location and now I have found that the only place in my entire residence that i can now get good audio from the Ohio County CC is by placing any radio on the north side of a fairly large chimney which was a place that formerly would not receive any signal from the Moundsville site...

I do remember reading a while back that they were wanting to link the Moundsville site and the future Powhatan Point site in with the OC simulcast...
I couldnt find that exact mention but i did come across this-
Quoted from the JUNE 2019 SIRN SIEC meeting minutes:

"Ohio county is recommended to proceed with the conversion of
Moundsville site, construct and simulcast Powhattan site, but for currently hold on
converting the St. Joes site until a study can be done of loading."

NowhereMan66

Premium Subscriber
I am willing to bet that the recent reception issue with Ohio County simulcast has something to do with the Moundsville site being down because I was able to receive both sites at my location and now I have found that the only place in my entire residence that i can now get good audio from the Ohio County CC is by placing any radio on the north side of a fairly large chimney which was a place that formerly would not receive any signal from the Moundsville site...

I do remember reading a while back that they were wanting to link the Moundsville site and the future Powhatan Point site in with the OC simulcast...
I couldnt find that exact mention but i did come across this-
Quoted from the JUNE 2019 SIRN SIEC meeting minutes:

"Ohio county is recommended to proceed with the conversion of
Moundsville site, construct and simulcast Powhattan site, but for currently hold on
converting the St. Joes site until a study can be done of loading."
Could be. I did have Ohio and Marshall Counties grouped together but I might have to separate them. I reprogrammed Ohio County on its own plus typed in the control channel for Ohio County and it seemed to work. I guess I need to separate the Counties if I want to listen with the BCD325P2.

Mylan

Feed Provider
I haven't received Wheeling Police for the last day or two, did they change something in the system?

How is your reception of Wheeling Police etc at this time... The SIRN techs must have made some adjustments to the simulcast today because I am currently getting excellent decode throughout the house which wasn't the case at 6 am this morning- either that or they reverted back to the way it was before friday.... Maybe it could also be possible that the Wheeling tower was just down over the weekend and only Highlands and Apple Pie sites were active.... There are definitely changes coming so only time will tell what the final result will be...

bswfd9

How is your reception of Wheeling Police etc at this time... The SIRN techs must have made some adjustments to the simulcast today because I am currently getting excellent decode throughout the house which wasn't the case at 6 am this morning- either that or they reverted back to the way it was before friday.... Maybe it could also be possible that the Wheeling tower was just down over the weekend and only Highlands and Apple Pie sites were active.... There are definitely changes coming so only time will tell what the final result will be...
They had a T1 line go down....thats why the radio's we not working properly

NowhereMan66

Premium Subscriber

I'm picking up Wheeling and Ohio County fine now. I reprogrammed the BCD325P2 where I m just keeping each county in it's own group as well. I also programmed the control freq in manually and it worked OK,

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
I have not really listened to much lately. I did see today Marshall County units on Ohio County Simulcast when I was running DSD Plus Fastlane.

Mylan

Feed Provider
Brooke SO units were just chattering about Weirton tower supposedly being online and once again moving their primary operations back to SIRN.... Anyone up that way check on that?

Mylan

Feed Provider
I cant check anything... Ohio Co simulcast is acting up again... I think the tower behind OVMC just got zapped a few times by the very powerful electrical storm that is passing through so at this time I cant any p25 signal at all from Ohio County.

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
Figures the day they turn the Weirton tower on i cant get it and Ohio county has issues cause of storms

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
I have it showing as a neighbor now on the Beaver Falls (site 3.6) tower. Neighbors are sites 3.1 & site 3.5. Low signal on my usual antenna though.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
I was able to get it off my big antenna and Spyserver:
Site 3.5
NAC 170
NL 3.1, 3.6
453.425 CC
460.6125 SCC
460.475 BSI WQOX971

Last edited: