Software Defined Radio On Minnesota ARMER

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-One

I'm using the NooElec - NooElec NESDR SMArt - Premium RTL-SDR w/ Aluminum Enclosure, 0.5PPM TCXO, SMA Input & 3 Antennas. RTL2832U & R820T2-Based. - SDR Receivers - Software Defined Radio dongle and get 2.88Mhz bandwidth which is just enough to cover the entire site I listen to.

Check out the SDRTrunk software written in cross-platform Java; I've recently setup a
Windows installer build slave for helping test/fix betas: https://github.com/ImagoTrigger/sdrtrunk/releases

As for performance, the stock antenna on this model NooElec - NooElec NESDR Mini SDR & DVB-T USB Stick (RTL2832 + R820T) w/ Antenna and Remote Control - SDR Receivers - Software Defined Radio works best so far but that stick only gets 2.4Mhz and I need to use a usb extension cord to move it away from the PC to get a good quality TSBK/s rate (25+). The aluminum enclosed ones I linked first do not have this issue.

Lastly, voice decoding quality with the JMBE seems much better than the previously mentioned software.

$27.95

That sounds pretty cool! If I were starting over again, I might give that a go. I have a ton of time and data in Unitrunker that I would hate to lose now.

K0EKL

Steve / stmills, what dongles are you using and where did you get them?

Dongles feed to Unitrunker, audio then runs through Virtual Patch Cable App to DSD that processes audio then Out to audio on the computer

stmills

I am using basic dongles purchased off Amazon 2years ago. I recall getting the audio settings right on the computer was a bit of an issue- once I got that cleared up all worked smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.