StarCom21 2021 Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elpato

Premium Subscriber
Announcement just made on District 15-Oak Brook that they're evacuating the radio room and to direct all traffic to the local districts.
Sounds like they're back to normal.
Just heard north dispatch doing a moment of silence.. didn't catch what it was for.

Patch42

Thats what I said. Then I looked on google earth then I looked on Google Maps and theres a directional on it pointing towards DuPage County.
I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure that's a microwave receiving antenna, probably used for base to tower signals. Makes sense that those would be pointed in different directions given the comm centers are in different places.

jx87jx

View attachment 96948

Thats what I said. Then I looked on google earth then I looked on Google Maps and theres a directional on it pointing towards DuPage County.

That’s a microwave antenna. That allows a primary or secondary data path between 2 sites. The SC21 antenna(s) will be towards the top of the tower, not halfway down.

ltginrage

1611876726637.png

DSD+ showing hits on talkgroup 5803 with RIDs in the 461xxx range on tower 1.47. So far full encryption.

lu81fitter

5803 is showing IL Dept of Corrections, fully ENC, on STARCOM. But that won't explain why its on 461.xxx MHz range. If I'm reading it right, 1.47 is in the city of Dekalb. Hmmm..... Could it be tracking another system?

ltginrage

5803 is showing IL Dept of Corrections, fully ENC, on STARCOM. But that won't explain why its on 461.xxx MHz range. If I'm reading it right, 1.47 is in the city of Dekalb. Hmmm..... Could it be tracking another system?
Im not finding it in the database. How would you know its IDOC?

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

Elpato

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone or does anyone use a unication g4/5 to monitor starcom? I currently have an sds100, and have been thinking about getting a 2nd scanner.
Just wanted to see if what I read about these are accurate.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone or does anyone use a unication g4/5 to monitor starcom? I currently have an sds100, and have been thinking about getting a 2nd scanner.
Just wanted to see if what I read about these are accurate.

I don't know if you follow the Unication Forum, but that's where I learned about the disadvantages and advantages. In my opinion, they're pricey considering their limitations. With the G5, I know they're trying to tweak some new firmware, but it seems like for every step forward, their is one step backwards. Site scan is an important feature to me and a big plus for the SDS series, but as of my last check in they haven't released that yet.

Weigh the options for your best fit, and if it looks like it'll work for you go for it. The reception is very good from what I've read, so it won't disappoint you there.

Elpato

Premium Subscriber
I pulled the trigger and ordered one.. biggest draw for me was the Bluetooth capabilities I wish the sds had. Once I get it running I'll post my experience with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.