SDR# TETRA Demodulator Trunk Tracking Demonstration

thewraith2008

hi thewraith2008 is it also possible to implement something to find out what the TEI and serial number is and to be able to retrieve it, you can build that in the software
I made a post about this sometime ago, see here
Because it's most likely these elements (if used) will be in a encrypted PDU, they can't be shown.

Latest version (v1.0.20.2) can be found here: Release post

DRL-XM43

Launch your 2 SDR# - don't start them.

The only thing to check is WFM in radio. Start tetra trunk... it will start the SDR# and set the ports.

The only thing to do is click on the demodulator boxes.

I did not know you could run 2 sets of them - is that what the question is?

thewraith2008

I like to run two instances of TTT.
How can i change the net remote port in TTT?
This is not recommended because of the convoluted way TTT controls SDR#. This has changed in the new version I'm working on.
While you can run TTT from different folders OK, the problem arises when more than two SDR# are open. You can get is to work with the right SDR# windows but it's a pain and hard to accomplish.

Changing port number of TTT is covered in the documentation "TTT_Features_and_Usage" under "Command line options"

Running more than one TTT/Plug-in sessions should be easier with the newer version.
You would still need to run TTT from a separate folder as I have not spent anytime on working out using shared records.

Latest version (v1.0.20.2) can be found here: Release post

thewraith2008

22th Public Release - TETRA Trunk Tracker and TETRA Demodulator plug-in - v1.6.3.2

Please note that TTT and TETRA Demodulator plug-in has major changes and requires all components to be updated.
I suggest creating a new SDR# and TTT folder for this version.
Please read the documentation for new installation and usage procedures.

This package (version) of TETRA Trunk Tracker and TETRA Demodulator plug-in (with codec libtetradec.dll) are only meant to be used
with each other and with no other previous versions. To do so will cause issues.

TETRA Demodulator plug-in has been updated by me. "Tweaked Edition (Unofficial) v1.6.3.2"
This is required to be used with TETRA Trunk Tracker v1.6.3.2. Please read the documentation files in zip for plug-in.

This plug-in version changes/adds and fixes some items:
Code:
Summary of changes:

CHANGED: TTT dual mode VC call details updating for SDR# sidepanel.
ADDED: 'Network Info' window 'Neighbour cell' tab, change to a neighbour main carrier
ADDED: 'Private' to replace '0' in 'Network Info' 'Call list' under 'Group' when private call is seen.
CHANGED: Increased 'Auto' hang time.
ADDED: Highlight active call in calls list in 'Network Info' > 'Calls' tab.
CHANGED: How TTT and the TETRA Demodulator communicates.
- This change will make installation and running of TTT and the plug-in easier.
ADDED: Logging for MM Registrations
CHANGES: To DMO code
CHANGED: The 'Diagram' display to properly trigger on bursts.

see 'changelog.txt' for full list and details.

If SDR# is crashing when 'Demodulator' is enabled, it's because you have not set-up the plug-in correctly.
You MUST do this 1st. This is NOT TETRA Trunk Trackers fault.

You generally need to get these installed:
"Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 (Offline Installer)"
"Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 (Offline Installer)"
"Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable" and install both 32/64 bit versions (if you use 64 bit OS)

This TETRA Trunk Tracker version changes/adds and fixes some items:
Code:
Summary of changes:

FIXED: Some group calls where not set-up because the 'Party_SSI' element was missing in the 'D_Setup'.
CHANGED: Dual mode VC call details updating for SDR# sidepanel.
FIXED: 'Create Call Activity CVS' was not restoring state correctly after mode change
REMOVED: 'VC Park'
FIXED: When a 'D_TX_Granted' PDU was seen with no Party_SSI element, the GSSI was used by mistake as ISSI.
ADDED: TTT will allow highlighting/bold of the current call in plug-in call list in 'Network Info' 'Calls' tab window.
CHANGED/FIX: Updated command line -sp port range: 1024 to 65533 (was 1024 to 65535)
MAJOR CHANGES: To the way TTT communicates to TETRA Demodulator
CHANGED: Default 'Call timeout' value from '5' to '45'
FIX: Error with Call_Activity_xx-xx-20xx.csv
CHANGED: Increased UI fields 'Group' and 'TX ISSI' and ISSI list.
CHANGED: TETRA Demodulator plug-in 'TimeSlot' was not been reset to MCCH (TS1) after a call ended

Has been tested on Windows 7 - Basic (64 bit)
Has been tested on Windows 7 - Professional SP1 (32 bit), English
Has been tested on Windows 10 - Professional (64 bit)

I have created it to suit my needs. And it currently works for me with the TETRA network I monitor.

I make no claim that it will work for other networks.

Please read the provided files for set-up and usage:
  • TTT_set-up_manual.pdf
  • TTT_Features_and_Usage.pdf
  • TETRA_Demodulator.pdf

I have tried to be as thorough as possible with the documentation to explain usage and features.
I believe any questions can be answered by reading these files.
These files most likely are not complete and contain errors and are not laid out as good as they could be.

The TETRA plug-in is now been mainly tested with SDR# 1700 on Windows 7 Professional 32 bit with no issues seen.
The TETRA plug-in with SDR# 1700 on Windows 7-10 64 bit PCs is partly tested with no issues seen.
The TETRA plug-in with SDR# 1727+ on Windows 7-10 32/64 bit PCs is partly tested with no issues seen.

It only works with the provided TETRA plug-in supplied in zip. (2019-December-11).
This version no longer uses a custom compiled version of 'Net Remote'
. It is now built-in.

It is only meant to be a temporary solution until something better comes along.

Thanks to pingirona for help locating an elusive problem with occasional call set-up issues with a missing element in the D-Setup PDU.

I'm sure all these changes are going to create addition bugs.
I have tested to the best of my ability.
Putting it in the wild should be a better test of things. Please report any issues.

Note: This link now is to a folder that stores the download, which means the link to the location of the files will stay the same but the files in it can vary.
Download

MD5 HASH 7714bf5851b5b3d1d25f88b411485fc2

hassanila

22th Public Release - TETRA Trunk Tracker and TETRA Demodulator plug-in - v1.6.3.2

Please note that TTT and TETRA Demodulator plug-in has major changes and requires all components to be updated.
I suggest creating a new SDR# and TTT folder for this version.
Please read the documentation for new installation and usage procedures.

This package (version) of TETRA Trunk Tracker and TETRA Demodulator plug-in (with codec libtetradec.dll) are only meant to be used
with each other and with no other previous versions. To do so will cause issues.

TETRA Demodulator plug-in has been updated by me. "Tweaked Edition (Unofficial) v1.6.3.2"
This is required to be used with TETRA Trunk Tracker v1.6.3.2. Please read the documentation files in zip for plug-in.

This plug-in version changes/adds and fixes some items:
Code:
Summary of changes:

CHANGED: TTT dual mode VC call details updating for SDR# sidepanel.
ADDED: 'Network Info' window 'Neighbour cell' tab, change to a neighbour main carrier
ADDED: 'Private' to replace '0' in 'Network Info' 'Call list' under 'Group' when private call is seen.
CHANGED: Increased 'Auto' hang time.
ADDED: Highlight active call in calls list in 'Network Info' > 'Calls' tab.
CHANGED: How TTT and the TETRA Demodulator communicates.
- This change will make installation and running of TTT and the plug-in easier.
ADDED: Logging for MM Registrations
CHANGES: To DMO code
CHANGED: The 'Diagram' display to properly trigger on bursts.

If SDR# is crashing when 'Demodulator' is enabled, it's because you have not set-up the plug-in correctly.
You MUST do this 1st. This is NOT TETRA Trunk Trackers fault.

You generally need to get these installed:
"Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 (Offline Installer)"
"Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 (Offline Installer)"
"Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable" and install both 32/64 bit versions (if you use 64 bit OS)

This TETRA Trunk Tracker version changes/adds and fixes some items:
Code:
Summary of changes:

FIXED: Some group calls where not set-up because the 'Party_SSI' element was missing in the 'D_Setup'.
CHANGED: Dual mode VC call details updating for SDR# sidepanel.
FIXED: 'Create Call Activity CVS' was not restoring state correctly after mode change
REMOVED: 'VC Park'
FIXED: When a 'D_TX_Granted' PDU was seen with no Party_SSI element, the GSSI was used by mistake as ISSI.
ADDED: TTT will allow highlighting/bold of the current call in plug-in call list in 'Network Info' 'Calls' tab window.
CHANGED/FIX: Updated command line -sp port range: 1024 to 65533 (was 1024 to 65535)
MAJOR CHANGES: To the way TTT communicates to TETRA Demodulator
CHANGED: Default 'Call timeout' value from '5' to '45'
FIX: Error with Call_Activity_xx-xx-20xx.csv
CHANGED: Increased UI fields 'Group' and 'TX ISSI' and ISSI list.
CHANGED: TETRA Demodulator plug-in 'TimeSlot' was not been reset to MCCH (TS1) after a call ended

Has been tested on Windows 7 - Basic (64 bit)
Has been tested on Windows 7 - Professional SP1 (32 bit), English
Has been tested on Windows 10 - Professional (64 bit)

I have created it to suit my needs. And it currently works for me with the TETRA network I monitor.

I make no claim that it will work for other networks.

Please read the provided files for set-up and usage:

• TTT_set-up_manual.pdf
    • TTT_Features_and_Usage.pdf
    • TETRA_Demodulator.pdf

I have tried to be as thorough as possible with the documentation to explain usage and features.
I believe any questions can be answered by reading these files.
These files most likely are not complete and contain errors and are not laid out as good as they could be.

The TETRA plug-in is now been mainly tested with SDR# 1700 on Windows 7 Professional 32 bit with no issues seen.
The TETRA plug-in with SDR# 1700 on Windows 7-10 64 bit PCs is partly tested with no issues seen.
The TETRA plug-in with SDR# 1727+ on Windows 7-10 32/64 bit PCs is partly tested with no issues seen.

It only works with the provided TETRA plug-in supplied in zip. (2019-December-11).
This version no longer uses a custom compiled version of 'Net Remote'
. It is now built-in.

It is only meant to be a temporary solution until something better comes along.

Thanks to pingirona for help locating an elusive problem with occasional call set-up issues with a missing element in the D-Setup PDU.

I'm sure all these changes are going to create addition bugs.
I have tested to the best of my ability.
Putting it in the wild should be a better test of things. Please report any issues.

Note: This link now is to a folder that stores the download, which means the link to the location of the files will stay the same but the files in it can vary.
Download

MD5 HASH 7714bf5851b5b3d1d25f88b411485fc2

Thanks for the update, seems to work very good!

One problem that i found is in the TETRA_sds_data.log, now it does not show special characters correctly,
for example (ä, å, ö) becomes "?"
Not a major problem, just letting you know :)

Attachments

• 20191211_092536_notepad++.png
    20191211_092536_notepad++.png
    263 KB · Views: 49

thewraith2008

Thanks for the update, seems to work very good!

One problem that i found is in the TETRA_sds_data.log, now it does not show special characters correctly,
for example (ä, å, ö) becomes "?"
Not a major problem, just letting you know :)
Yes there is a problem with how PDUs are sent to TTT and how TTT handles them.
I've added some code to hopefully address this but since I don't get NON English characters here, I'm not 100% sure it's OK.
I tested on some IQ samples from other places with NON English characters and I think it looks OK.

Also I've noticed some D_SDS PDUs and binary strings where not been sent to TTT.
Have fixed this now. Will try and add update soon.

Why is it you can only see these problems after releasing.:rolleyes:

kikosgc

I'm getting a popup with several PDU errors (Location?) -- I'VE HIDDEN/REPLACED THE COORDINATES WITH 0's (LON LAT) FOR OBVIOUS REASONS...
Code:
11-12-2019 - 09:59:32 - SSI:5630 D_SDS_Data Party_SSI:5214 Type:UDT-4 Length:137 Protocol:Location_information SubType:Location_protocol_with_extension SubTypeExt:Long_location_report TimeDataType:2 LongShapeType:Location_circle_with_altitude LongVelocityType:Horizontal_velocity_with_direction_of_travel_extended Reason_for_Sending:Maximum_reporting_distance_limit_travelled_since_last_location_information_report Lat:00000? Long:00000? Velocity:42,2km/h HorizontalPostionAccuracy:Less_than_1m Dir:50,625?
11-12-2019 - 09:59:53 - SSI:5630 D_SDS_Data Party_SSI:5229 Type:UDT-4 Length:137 Protocol:Location_information SubType:Location_protocol_with_extension SubTypeExt:Long_location_report TimeDataType:2 LongShapeType:Location_circle_with_altitude LongVelocityType:Horizontal_velocity_with_direction_of_travel_extended Reason_for_Sending:Reserved_128 Lat:00000? Long:00000? Velocity:0,0km/h HorizontalPostionAccuracy:Less_than_2m Dir:209,53125?
11-12-2019 - 10:00:02 - SSI:5630 D_SDS_Data Party_SSI:5219 Type:UDT-4 Length:137 Protocol:Location_information SubType:Location_protocol_with_extension SubTypeExt:Long_location_report TimeDataType:2 LongShapeType:Location_circle_with_altitude LongVelocityType:Horizontal_velocity_with_direction_of_travel_extended Reason_for_Sending:Maximum_reporting_distance_limit_travelled_since_last_location_information_report Lat:00000? Long:00000? Velocity:45,5km/h HorizontalPostionAccuracy:Less_than_1m Dir:237,65625?
11-12-2019 - 10:00:04 - SSI:5630 D_SDS_Data Party_SSI:5222 Type:UDT-4 Length:137 Protocol:Location_information SubType:Location_protocol_with_extension SubTypeExt:Long_location_report TimeDataType:2 LongShapeType:Location_circle_with_altitude LongVelocityType:Horizontal_velocity_with_direction_of_travel_extended Reason_for_Sending:Reserved_128 Lat:00000? Long:00000? Velocity:0,0km/h HorizontalPostionAccuracy:Less_than_2m Dir:334,6875?
11-12-2019 - 10:00:04 - SSI:5630 D_SDS_Data Party_SSI:5227 Type:UDT-4 Length:137 Protocol:Location_information SubType:Location_protocol_with_extension SubTypeExt:Long_location_report TimeDataType:2 LongShapeType:Location_circle_with_altitude LongVelocityType:Horizontal_velocity_with_direction_of_travel_extended Reason_for_Sending:Reserved_128 Lat:00000? Long:00000? Velocity:0,0km/h HorizontalPostionAccuracy:Less_than_1m Dir:239,0625?
11-12-2019 - 10:00:04 - SSI:5630 D_SDS_Data Party_SSI:5241 Type:UDT-4 Length:137 Protocol:Location_information SubType:Location_protocol_with_extension SubTypeExt:Long_location_report TimeDataType:2 LongShapeType:Location_circle_with_altitude LongVelocityType:Horizontal_velocity_with_direction_of_travel_extended Reason_for_Sending:Maximum_reporting_distance_limit_travelled_since_last_location_information_report Lat:00000? Long:00000? Velocity:37,7km/h HorizontalPostionAccuracy:Less_than_11m Dir:81,5625?
11-12-2019 - 10:00:05 - SSI:5630 D_SDS_Data Party_SSI:5214 Type:UDT-4 Length:137 Protocol:Location_information SubType:Location_protocol_with_extension SubTypeExt:Long_location_report TimeDataType:2 LongShapeType:Location_circle_with_altitude LongVelocityType:Horizontal_velocity_with_direction_of_travel_extended Reason_for_Sending:Maximum_reporting_distance_limit_travelled_since_last_location_information_report Lat:00000? Long:00000? Velocity:40,6km/h HorizontalPostionAccuracy:Less_than_1m Dir:61,875?
11-12-2019 - 10:00:05 - SSI:5630 D_SDS_Data Party_SSI:5639 Type:UDT-4 Length:156 Protocol:Location_information SubType:Location_protocol_with_extension SubTypeExt:Long_location_report TimeDataType:2 LongShapeType:Location_circle_with_altitude LongVelocityType:Horizontal_velocity_with_direction_of_travel_extended Reason_for_Sending:Maximum_reporting_interval_exceeded_since_the_last_location_information_report Lat:0,000000? Long:0,000000? Velocity:0,0km/h HorizontalPostionAccuracy:484564,00km Dir:0?
11-12-2019 - 10:00:05 - SSI:5630 D_SDS_Data Party_SSI:5637 Type:UDT-4 Length:156 Protocol:Location_information SubType:Location_protocol_with_extension SubTypeExt:Long_location_report TimeDataType:2 LongShapeType:Location_circle_with_altitude LongVelocityType:Horizontal_velocity_with_direction_of_travel_extended Reason_for_Sending:Maximum_reporting_interval_exceeded_since_the_last_location_information_report Lat:00000? Long:00000? Velocity:2,0km/h HorizontalPostionAccuracy:484564,00km Dir:0?
11-12-2019 - 10:00:07 - SSI:5630 D_SDS_Data Party_SSI:5213 Type:UDT-4 Length:137 Protocol:Location_information SubType:Location_protocol_with_extension SubTypeExt:Long_location_report TimeDataType:2 LongShapeType:Location_circle_with_altitude LongVelocityType:Horizontal_velocity_with_direction_of_travel_extended Reason_for_Sending:Reserved_128 Lat:00000? Long:00000? Velocity:0,0km/h HorizontalPostionAccuracy:Less_than_2m Dir:126,5625?
11-12-2019 - 10:00:07 - SSI:5630 D_SDS_Data Party_SSI:5221 Type:UDT-4 Length:137 Protocol:Location_information SubType:Location_protocol_with_extension SubTypeExt:Long_location_report TimeDataType:2 LongShapeType:Location_circle_with_altitude LongVelocityType:Horizontal_velocity_with_direction_of_travel_extended Reason_for_Sending:Reserved_128 Lat:00000? Long:00000? Velocity:0,0km/h HorizontalPostionAccuracy:Less_than_2m Dir:236,25?
11-12-2019 - 10:00:08 - SSI:5630 D_SDS_Data Party_SSI:5224 Type:UDT-4 Length:137 Protocol:Location_information SubType:Location_protocol_with_extension SubTypeExt:Long_location_report TimeDataType:2 LongShapeType:Location_circle_with_altitude LongVelocityType:Horizontal_velocity_with_direction_of_travel_extended Reason_for_Sending:Reserved_128 Lat:00000? Long:00000? Velocity:0,0km/h HorizontalPostionAccuracy:Less_than_11m Dir:170,15625?
11-12-2019 - 10:00:09 - SSI:5630 D_SDS_Data Party_SSI:5239 Type:UDT-4 Length:137 Protocol:Location_information SubType:Location_protocol_with_extension SubTypeExt:Long_location_report TimeDataType:2 LongShapeType:Location_circle_with_altitude LongVelocityType:Horizontal_velocity_with_direction_of_travel_extended Reason_for_Sending:Reserved_128 Lat:000002? Long:00000? Velocity:0,0km/h HorizontalPostionAccuracy:Less_than_11m Dir:143,4375?
11-12-2019 - 10:00:09 - SSI:5630 D_SDS_Data Party_SSI:5228 Type:UDT-4 Length:137 Protocol:Location_information SubType:Location_protocol_with_extension SubTypeExt:Long_location_report TimeDataType:2 LongShapeType:Location_circle_with_altitude LongVelocityType:Horizontal_velocity_with_direction_of_travel_extended Reason_for_Sending:Reserved_128 Lat:00000? Long:00000? Velocity:0,0km/h HorizontalPostionAccuracy:Less_than_4m Dir:344,53125?
11-12-2019 - 10:00:10 - SSI:5630 D_SDS_Data Party_SSI:5216 Type:UDT-4 Length:137 Protocol:Location_information SubType:Location_protocol_with_extension SubTypeExt:Long_location_report TimeDataType:2 LongShapeType:Location_circle_with_altitude LongVelocityType:Horizontal_velocity_with_direction_of_travel_extended Reason_for_Sending:Reserved_128 Lat:00000? Long:00000? Velocity:0,0km/h HorizontalPostionAccuracy:Less_than_2m Dir:348,75?
11-12-2019 - 10:00:10 - SSI:5630 D_SDS_Data Party_SSI:5214 Type:UDT-4 Length:137 Protocol:Location_information SubType:Location_protocol_with_extension SubTypeExt:Long_location_report TimeDataType:2 LongShapeType:Location_circle_with_altitude LongVelocityType:Horizontal_velocity_with_direction_of_travel_extended Reason_for_Sending:Maximum_reporting_distance_limit_travelled_since_last_location_information_report Lat:00000? Long:00000? Velocity:42,2km/h HorizontalPostionAccuracy:Less_than_1m Dir:59,0625?
11-12-2019 - 10:00:13 - SSI:5630 D_SDS_Data Party_SSI:5218 Type:UDT-4 Length:137 Protocol:Location_information SubType:Location_protocol_with_extension SubTypeExt:Long_location_report TimeDataType:2 LongShapeType:Location_circle_with_altitude LongVelocityType:Horizontal_velocity_with_direction_of_travel_extended Reason_for_Sending:Reserved_128 Lat:00000? Long:00000? Velocity:0,0km/h HorizontalPostionAccuracy:Less_than_5m Dir:264,375?
11-12-2019 - 10:00:14 - SSI:5630 D_SDS_Data Party_SSI:5229 Type:UDT-4 Length:137 Protocol:Location_information SubType:Location_protocol_with_extension SubTypeExt:Long_location_report TimeDataType:2 LongShapeType:Location_circle_with_altitude LongVelocityType:Horizontal_velocity_with_direction_of_travel_extended Reason_for_Sending:Reserved_128 Lat:00000? Long:00000? Velocity:0,0km/h HorizontalPostionAccuracy:Less_than_2m Dir:209,53125?
11-12-2019 - 10:00:14 - SSI:5630 D_SDS_Data Party_SSI:5214 Type:UDT-4 Length:137 Protocol:Location_information SubType:Location_protocol_with_extension SubTypeExt:Long_location_report TimeDataType:2 LongShapeType:Location_circle_with_altitude LongVelocityType:Horizontal_velocity_with_direction_of_travel_extended Reason_for_Sending:Maximum_reporting_distance_limit_travelled_since_last_location_information_report Lat:00000? Long:00000? Velocity:39,2km/h HorizontalPostionAccuracy:Less_than_1m Dir:35,15625?
The list goes on....

Last edited:

thewraith2008

I have created a hotfix to address these current issues. It may not address all but it should get you up and running (fingers crossed)
Code:
This is a hot-fix (v1.6.3.3) to replace problem files for v1.6.3.2

FIX: Should address some of the main errors currently showing up in TTT and the plug-in.
- There is a problem with the text encoding between the plug-in and TTT in this new version. Especially when NON English characters seen.
- Seems to be mainly with D_SDS_Data PDUs. I need to investigate more.

Download (TTT_hotfix_v1.6.3.3.7z)

DarkAngelT

Apparently this new version is working normally.

My only difficulty was finding out that this version of TTT does not run 2 SDRs in different folders!

It took me over two hours to find out that I should run 2 instances of the same folder. Only then it worked! I keep testing here!

Congratulations Thewraith!

DRL-XM43

The new version works perfect for me... one batch file launches 2XSDR# and the program, instant decoding and the windows all where I like them! Excellent!!!

The only stumble I had was for ME to realize to config the CC plug so the tcp connection would activate.

Way to go Thewraith!!!

Matthias_2277

DE2RVK
I would be glad if someone can tell where which folders come with he old version, it works only at a frequency, he always crashes otherwise runs the old good would like to test the new synonymous

Matthias_2277

DE2RVK
have the old sunshine always gestete and it has always been gur for a few tege he strikes me only at 2 ferquenzen in the area 425 mhz and have me today again verson down load but can not get to the run can someone tell me where the folder should go or what should I change