Universal Scanner Audio Player

deim

Universal Scanner Audio Player developer
Hi guys!

Today I want to introduce my new app Universal Scanner Audio Player ( old name UnidenWavPlayer Uniden wav files player and organizer) Now support AOR DV-10, ICOM R30, Uniden 436/536/sds100/sds200/homepatrol, Whistler TRX1/TRX2 audio files.

MainScreen.jpg

• New player engine.
  • Extended filter
  • Favorite Folders
  • Fixed some bugs in Whistler and Uniden parsing libraries
  • Added support AOR DV-10 wav files
  • Added support ICOM R30 wav files

Please read manual first( sorry for my pure english in manual))). If there's any other questions about my app you can ask it here.

If you find some bugs or some unsupported recorded transmissions please let me know

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 is needed

I also wish to thank all guys from RadioReference who's helped me with different types of audio files.

Short preview :
Link to new version: UniversalScannerAudioPlayer

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Been using this from the start, @deim has done a great job and continues to make improvements. Probably best way to listen to scanner recordings!

Trying it now, finding it is very slow to add a folder. Long list in the folder, once loaded tried to scroll down the list and the program crashed. Will continue to try it. Works better if not being read from scanner, move files to PC and read them from there.

Donation on the way to you Deim!!!!

Last edited:

daddyjohn

I cannot get this new version to open up and I have tried a windows 8 and windows 10 computer. I have tried to install .net framework 4.8 on both computers it says that a newer version is already installed so I'm not sure it is that. Any ideas to check for?

deim

I cannot get this new version to open up and I have tried a windows 8 and windows 10 computer. I have tried to install .net framework 4.8 on both computers it says that a newer version is already installed so I'm not sure it is that. Any ideas to check for?
can you run this command from powershell: (Get-ItemProperty "HKLM:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full").Release
and past output here.
this command will show installed .NET version.
more info: Determine which .NET Framework versions are installed

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I start your recorder program 3.0.1 and click on the help button and all it does is shut down the program, I also tried to start manual.pdf by going to the directory were the program is and click on it and nothing happens the file is 732-kb
Steve

deim

I start your recorder program 3.0.1 and click on the help button and all it does is shut down the program, I also tried to start manual.pdf by going to the directory were the program is and click on it and nothing happens the file is 732-kb
Steve

Hi Steve!

1. Which application do you use to open other pdf files?
  2. Can you check your .Net framework version? Like in previous post.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Steve

Originally I had an issue with AVG blocking it from opening due to the way the program attempted to open it. Once I told AVG to allow it the PDF opens fine. Check your virus software.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC / It's Updated
I start Acrobat Reader and go to your Manual.pdf file and click on it and Acrobat has no problem with opening it. ??, but the file will not open from your program.
Steve

deim

I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC / It's Updated
I start Acrobat Reader and go to your Manual.pdf file and click on it and Acrobat has no problem with opening it. ??, but the file will not open from your program.
Steve
it's seems antivirus software blocks invocations from the application.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
your .Net version is up to date. Which error message is displayed when you try to run the program?
When I try from your program to open the help file all it does is shut down your program, nothing else, but if I go to the Acrobat reader and open your help file/.pdf file it opens it with no problem strange ??

daddyjohn

your .Net version is up to date. Which error message is displayed when you try to run the program?
[/QUOT
Whenever I click on the app nothing happens, I also tried right mouse clicking on the icon and selected "run as administrator" and still nothing

deim

When I try from your program to open the help file all it does is shut down your program, nothing else, but if I go to the Acrobat reader and open your help file/.pdf file it opens it with no problem strange ??
Your issue in blocking app too. Some your program blocks invocations from the application. If all other functionality work well you may ignor this problem. But i think your antivirus software may block export proccess too

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Your issue in blocking app too. Some your program blocks invocations from the application. If all other functionality work well you may ignor this problem. But i think your antivirus software may block export proccess too
I shut off my Virus Protection and it made no difference

deim

I shut off my Virus Protection and it made no difference
it is very strange. All method in help button press is: "extract manual.pdf from binary inside application, save it(or rewrite) in application folder , Call your default application to open pdf files and pass to it manual.pdf" thats all

Saint

Premium Subscriber
it is very strange. All method in help button press is: "extract manual.pdf from binary inside application, save it(or rewrite) in application folder , Call your default application to open pdf files and pass to it manual.pdf" thats all
Just took off Acrobat Reader DC from my computer and installed Free PDF Reader and tried it and have the same problem as I did with Acrobat Reader DC, But if I go to FREE pdf reader and open the file from FREE pdf reader I have no problems