UPDATE - 5/22/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed6698

Whenever I touch any button, it goes into the Waiting for USB mode. I don't even get the "release power button" screen. Nada. I've tried reformatting the card as well back to the original (I copied it as soon as I got it), still nothing. Even tried another card.

You have to use the Prepare SD card for use and tick both options with Quick Format. Best to use a SD card reader for this.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 161

BrianG61UK

You have to use the Prepare SD card for use and tick both options. Best to use a SD card reader for this.
No. He us stuck due to a failed CPU firmware update. That would just erase his SD card for NO REASON. He needs to do a CPU firmware update.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Ed6698

No. He us stuck due to a failed CPU firmware update. That would just erase his SD card for NO REASON. He needs to do a CPU firmware update.

If he has a corrupted SD card he won't be able to do anything. I am done for now, trying to correct a issue with ideas from 2 people only is going to cause more issues. I will come back tomorrow and see where he stands..

Last edited:

BrianG61UK

If he has a corrupted SD card he won't be able to do anything. If he has a working setup it will be fine he said it was fine before he tried the update.
BUT ITS NO GOOD WORRYING WHAT'S ON HID SD CARD UNTIL HE HAS WORKING FIRMWARE ON THE SCANNER.

OK, I went and got a NEW 4GB SD and formatted it in my laptop. Put it in the TRX-2 and the damn thing came alive! Now, it gives me a 4.0 error when I'm trying to do the update, but screw that! I'll live with the scanner back working again! I can not connect to the SD Card via the cable, but I can with it in the reader. It works so that's all I care about. Back it goes into my vehicle!

Ed6698

Good!

I worded my post wrong about the boot information on the SD card. What I meant is a known good working SD card that is setup properly is needed for scanner to boot properly.

Last edited:

BrianG61UK

BCFlash

Here's my experience, with current Windows 8.1: Last week couldn't update anything, got the port error, etc.
Today still couldn't update the PC EZ Scan program directly so I downloaded it successfully from the Whistler website. Now the TRX-2 shows up as drive E and will update the library, and DSP but can't find the scanner to update the firmware. I tried various ways to get it to update the firmware but finally gave up on that. Scanner is operating normally.

Ed6698

I can make it show the WS1095 in Device Manager, just have to change the Property on the drop down menu.

Trooper may have to reinstall the so called Whistler driver on his Com Port. However I think it may have to do with his steps that is causing him issues. He showed he can Set the Real Time Clock, if he can do that there should be no issue updating the scanner. If a person follows the exact steps in the owners manual for CPU/DSP updating, it should work if the Set Real Time Clock works.

Attachments

• port.jpg
    port.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 760

BrianG61UK

I can make it show the WS1095 in Device Manager, just have to change the Property on the drop down menu.

Trooper may have to reinstall the so called Whistler driver on his Com Port. However I think it may have to do with his steps that is causing him issues. He showed he can Set the Real Time Clock, if he can do that there should be no issue updating the scanner. If a person follows the exact steps in the owners manual for CPU/DSP updating, it should work if the Set Real Time Clock works.
No I don't think he showed he could set his clock. The corrupted scanner appeared to think a firmware download had started. Clearly EZ-Scan was erroneously saying that the clock had been set. I guess it just sends the commands and doesn't check the result.

Ed6698

No I don't think he showed he could set his clock. The corrupted scanner appeared to think a firmware download had started. Clearly EZ-Scan was erroneously saying that the clock had been set. I guess it just sends the commands and doesn't check the result.

If it fails the Set Real Time Clock, it pops a error message up.

BrianG61UK

If it fails the Set Real Time Clock, it pops a error message up.
Maybe. But to me, given what we saw it did to the corrupt scanner, it seems most likely that all it checks it that the COM port that belongs to the scanner exists.

SCPD

QRT
Can't do anything when it's stuck in the "waiting" mode. Anytime I try to send the CPU update, it times out and tells me there is a connection error. GRRRRRRR!
This is a common problem with the TRX I wish Whistler would address it once and for all
There are many posts to the resolution

Ed6698

OK, I went and got a NEW 4GB SD and formatted it in my laptop. Put it in the TRX-2 and the damn thing came alive! Now, it gives me a 4.0 error when I'm trying to do the update, but screw that! I'll live with the scanner back working again! I can not connect to the SD Card via the cable, but I can with it in the reader. It works so that's all I care about. Back it goes into my vehicle!

One thing I would suggest, either try one of the old SD cards using the Prepare SD for use and see if you can get it working, or get another new SD card and prepare it the same way, always good to have a spare. I actually have 2 spare cards, luckily I have never had to use them, however occasionally I will swap it out after a Library Update. I have not had a corrupted SD card in a couple years now. For the normal updates I always use a USB 3.0 SD card reader, makes for real fast SD card updates.. Only time I use the USB cable is for CPU/DSP updates, and have not had a problem with that for a couple years now either.

One thing I would suggest, either try one of the old SD cards using the Prepare SD for use and see if you can get it working, or get another new SD card and prepare it the same way, always good to have a spare. I actually have 2 spare cards, luckily I have never had to use them, however occasionally I will swap it out after a Library Update. I have not had a corrupted SD card in a couple years now. For the normal updates I always use a USB 3.0 SD card reader, makes for real fast SD card updates.. Only time I use the USB cable is for CPU/DSP updates, and have not had a problem with that for a couple years now either.

I did that yesterday with no success. TODAY, it worked perfectly. So, now, I have 2 4GB and 1 32GB cards. Since I have given up on that cable, now I can just "reprogram" a card and swap it out!

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Whistler, you still need to improve on NXDN trunking. When parked on a talkgroup, I still occasionally miss the beginnings and responses of conversations.

Status
Not open for further replies.