• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

V1.30 G2-G5 Firmware Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
I don't use alert tones. Despite the corporate attorney-induced warning message you're referring to, I don't detect any missed portions of the beginning of any transmissions.
Same here. I think the warning is mostly for when using alerts like you mentioned. And even using alert tones in my case, I rarely miss much.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
No AV and haven't considered safe mode. As long as it works and I have something capable of virtualization, I'm good. Everything I have is i7 anyway. I'll try a clean install someday and see if I can replicate the problem.

FP761

Premium Subscriber
* Note: New Paging Tone (QCII) Timing Fields:

I upgraded my G5 to V1.3 Firmare and PPS V3.16. I then discovered that my G5 would not activate during a Dispatch. I discovered that the Paging Tone (QCII) Protocol settings now had more options in the new version, and that the tone format timing was not the same as I had in the previous version. It did not carry over into the new version as part of my saved backup.

So, be aware that you will need to update that section in the PPS to suit your specific Radio Dispatch System Paging format.

:) On the "Plus Side", my G5 now only records (1) Voice Message during a dispatch. Previously, it would record (5) partial messages during a typical dispatch. This was quite annoying, having to delete (5) messages for every dispatch :(

Last edited:

wdz

Feed Provider
I'm experiencing the delayed audio issue after upgrading my G4 to 1.3. Not plugged into any base and bluetooth is off. I'm also not able to write programming to the unit. I can read it but not write the data back, I get a failed error message. I've updated the PPS, using the stock USB cable, and have even tried different PC's.

The delayed audio issue is what others discovered, it was voice buffering.

After some troubleshooting I discovered the problem with writing back to the unit was the codeplug. Just in case anyone else is experiencing the issue. I ended up having to create a new one.

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
* Note: New Paging Tone (QCII) Timing Fields:

I upgraded my G5 to V1.3 Firmare and PPS V3.16. I then discovered that my G5 would not activate during a Dispatch. I discovered that the Paging Tone (QCII) Protocol settings now had more options in the new version, and that the tone format timing was not the same as I had in the previous version. It did not carry over into the new version as part of my saved backup.

So, be aware that you will need to update that section in the PPS to suit your specific Radio Dispatch System Paging format.

:) On the "Plus Side", my G5 now only records (1) Voice Message during a dispatch. Previously, it would record (5) partial messages during a typical dispatch. This was quite annoying, having to delete (5) messages for every dispatch :(
What did you change your settings to ?

CcSkyEye

What did you change your settings to ?

I am wondering the same as I must have missed that when programming the G5 pagers to the new firmware.

I haven't had them alert on two tone calls yet but it isn't working on long tone alerts, basically goes haywire and doesn't know what to do. Lol

hfd26

I am wondering the same as I must have missed that when programming the G5 pagers to the new firmware.

I haven't had them alert on two tone calls yet but it isn't working on long tone alerts, basically goes haywire and doesn't know what to do. Lol
I had the same problem when I went to 1.3 fw. I changed my tone A to 1000ms tone B 3000ms tone C 5000 gap between two digital to 500ms short tone detection 400ms and lone tone detection 400ms. These seem to work so far and now it alerts the 2 tone on p25. We use a motorola vhf system.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Pager Param Error
(#0x0106).
Please use PPS to
program again.

I am attempting to program a Trunking TG-Monitor zone and I get the above message. Does anybody here know what I am doing wrong?

Tidalwave

I got my encryption key software straight from Dave (unication) a couple years ago. I've updated to 1.30 firmware and of course the Key software no longer works. I do not have an "authorized reseller" to talk to about it as I received directly from Unication. What should I do?

JASII

Memory Capacity
Pager Param Error
(#0x0106).
Please use PPS to
program again.

I am attempting to program a Trunking TG-Monitor zone and I get the above message. Does anybody here know what I am doing wrong?

Hopefully, I found the correct solution. I simply removed 1 TalkGroup, leaving a total of 63 TalkGroups, instead of 64 and all seems to be working properly.

Hit_Factor

Hopefully, I found the correct solution. I simply removed 1 TalkGroup, leaving a total of 63 TalkGroups, instead of 64 and all seems to be working properly.
Seems to work in spite of the error. I ran into the same error last weekend. Resolved it the same way.

JASII

Memory Capacity
...Has anybody here tried to see how many talkgroups can be "Blok"d while in the All/Wildcard Mode? I seem to recall seeing 64, but we shall see.

I did send Unication some Facebook messages regarding the number of "Bloks" in the TG-Monitor Mode and what happens when you get to the maximum and this is the response I received.

How many Talkgroups can I "Blok" while I am in the Trunked TG Monitor Mode?

Hi Jim, thanks for messaging us! We try to be as responsive as possible. We'll get back to you soon.

Hi Jim, Thanks for reaching out! I just heard back from support and they said 64.

Thank you! What will happen, once I am at 64, and try to "Blok" another one?

Sorry, Jim, but I am unsure. It's either going to stop you from blocking or it's going to start dropping off the first ones you blocked.

The more I play around with this, the more I think the first ones blocked "drop off."

Can anybody else here confirm?

adamr368

Premium Subscriber
My Depar
I had the same problem when I went to 1.3 fw. I changed my tone A to 1000ms tone B 3000ms tone C 5000 gap between two digital to 500ms short tone detection 400ms and lone tone detection 400ms. These seem to work so far and now it alerts the 2 tone on p25. We use a motorola vhf system.

Something is very wrong with this firmware, and 1.4 - it hasn't been reliable since 1.1. 1.2 is false alerts, 1.3/1,4 are not alerting, and this is VHF conventional QCII Motorola, not anything custom, etc.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Is there some way in 1.3 to add a one or two second delay when in TG Scan mode? Many times I can't press the hold button quick enough before it's moved on.
Are you sure there isn't a delay at the end of each transmission? Whereas V1.2 cut off right at the end of each call, V1.3 seems to have a hang-time of two seconds. Or am I hallucinating features now?

mpreece

I have not experienced false alerts on v1.2, but v1.3 would alert multiple times obscuring the message, and not record. No squelch when carrier dropped. This also was VHF conventional QCII on a knob silent scanning 6 channels. I reverted to v1.2 firmware/PPS. Too bad as other features, especially with the amp charger, were significant improvements.

CcSkyEye

I will give that a try and see if that works for me. I had to remove the long tone tone and stores voice to even be able to hear the message. Thanks for the advice.

CcSkyEye

I have not experienced false alerts on v1.2, but v1.3 would alert multiple times obscuring the message, and not record. No squelch when carrier dropped. This also was VHF conventional QCII on a knob silent scanning 6 channels. I reverted to v1.2 firmware/PPS. Too bad as other features, especially with the amp charger, were significant improvements.

I'm considering doing the same if the above suggestion doesn't work, luckily I have only put 1.3 on two pagers so far.

Does Unication still have those versions downloadable on their website?

Status
Not open for further replies.