BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve2fet

the card is brand new and works elsewhere, pc etc... not the first time this model scanner has sd card reading problem... still not fixed it seems... just returned from repair campaign...

seems like you think this is normal... LOL Not!
Try a different card before assuming it is the scanner.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
None of that really matters. Try another card in the scanner before jumping to confusions.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Also, if you bothered to RTFM, you would know that the scanner only supports cards up to 32GB, and 64GB cards will not work.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
64GB+ cards require a disk format not supported by the scanner. That is why you are getting the error message. You have to use a card 32GB or smaller or the scanner will not recognize it.

K40Kid

This message is addressed to U-Man. I signed up for the campaign thinking that would tell me one way or the other if my radio is involved with this clock issue. I haven't had my radio much more than a week. I received the email and UPS label to send it back in. No where have I seen anything definitive about what units are under this repair campaign. I hope I have not sent my "new" radio back for nothing. I was thinking of sending it back to the seller because of the difficulties understand the manual and programming.
Where is this information posted? or is it unknown?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
All of your questions have been answered multiple times in this thread. Re-read post 1379 in this thread. Upman answered your question in that post, and so did I in post 1378. If you just purchased a new scanner, there is no need to send it in--it already has a redesigned circuit board that resolves the clock and display problems. The serial number you gave indicates you have a new scanner that already has the upgraded circuit board.

If your scanner display and clock are functioning correctly, you do not need to send it in. If you send Uniden a scanner that is not malfunctioning, they will simply send it back to you, and you will be probably be charged return shipping for wasting their time. Have a nice day.

K40Kid

All of your questions have been answered multiple times in this thread. Re-read post 1379 in this thread. Upman answered your question in that post, and so did I in post 1378. If you just purchased a new scanner, there is no need to send it in--it already has a redesigned circuit board that resolves the clock and display problems. The serial number you gave indicates you have a new scanner that already has the upgraded circuit board.

If your scanner display and clock are functioning correctly, you do not need to send it in. If you send Uniden a scanner that is not malfunctioning, they will simply send it back to you, and you will be probably be charged return shipping for wasting their time. Have a nice day.

You may have guessed, I did not fully read all 70 pages of this thread. I may be retired but I can't sit here day in and day out looking at this computer... I did however ask this question and since I did not received an answer, I assumed, which often gets me in trouble, that if I signed up for the recalled I would get a message from the manufacturer if or NOT the radio is included in this campaign. I have spent several hours already reading about how to set the clock, charge the radio's internal battery, updating firmware etc, etc, etc. I don't think I had to study this hard for my Ham license. This radio is way to complicated for a novice like myself. I just want to here local fire and law enforcement so I know what is happening in my neighborhood. I didn't realize I needed a masters in engineering to read between the line to set up a scanner.
I will look back on the post you suggested and maybe over the next week as I wait for my scanner to return, I may have time to fully read this one thread.
Also, thank you for answering my question.

Now to figure out why I am not getting notifications from this forum...
KD8NKA

Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The posts I referenced are replies to your earlier posts, and are not buried dozens of pages back in the thread. Your question was answered when you first asked it, by UPman, myself, and a few others.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Now to figure out why I am not getting notifications from this forum...
KD8NKA
Make sure that you are subscribed to the Uniden Tech Support forum, or whatever specific thread you have an interest in. The subscription link is under Forum Tools (for the Tech Support Forum), or Thread tools (at the top of any of the pages of this lengthy discussion.

If you are subscribed, but not getting notifications, check the email address you have entered. I quit getting notifications on a forum, even though my email address, as entered, was active and usable. Apparently, at some point, the site may have received a rejected email sent to me, "invalid address", sent in error. I changed the address to another one that I also monitor, and again started getting notices in a timely manner. I had the same issue with a couple of media sites, where I had been subscribed for daily emails on specific topics. One day, they just quit. It was the same issue. For whatever reason, my email address had been coded as invalid. Changed the address for the subscriptions and once again updates were being received.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Also, you only get one activity notification after posting in a thread, even if there are multiple replies. If you visit the thread that resets the notification flag, but you will only get one email between visits, regardless of how many replies are posted between visits.

gonefishn1

Thanks UNIDEN. I sent my 536 in for repair on 7 July and received it back today 19 July. They replaced 4 LEDs and the Battery for the clock. That was a fast turn and its working great. Thanks again.

w5tor

Premium Subscriber
This message is for Upman, ticket done on 10-21-2015. Same problem in July 2017

BT401
LOADED SOFTWARE ON SD CARD
DISPLAY LENS
SD CARD

I under 90 days warranty. Uniden did ship a key chain.

I just check the uniden repair protocol and plug in my Sn and was told
my scanner did not qualify. This scanner was bought in 2014. I paid shipping in October 2015. I guess I am out of luck, because I have to reset the clock and date every time I turn on the Scanner.on.
any suggestions is appreciated.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
w5tor: Resubmit your repair request. I've had the admin correct the account flag to show that the repair had not yet been applied.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
This is probably a dumb question, but here goes:

If I mod a scanner with an internal GPS, and then the owner decides to send the scanner in for the repair campaign, how does that work? Will the repair facility remove the GPS and undo the mod? Or could they be persuaded to work around it?

I'm assuming that it would be best to have all campaign repairs done first, then mod the scanner, but I did get a unit for modding that has the clock issue. The customer decided to go ahead with the mod since he'd already gone to the trouble of shipping it to me, but I'm curious what will happen if he ever decides to send it in to get the clock fixed.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Should have thought about it before in my opinion.I would say if you mod a new one without the issues as said warranty is void.An older one that needs the clock/battery fix if the scanner has been modified who knows.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

marksmith

My guess would be that any modifications would void the warranty whether the radio is new without issues or it is older and has issues.

In other words, any modified radio would no longer be eligible for warranty repairs under this or any other Uniden program.

Only my opinion, but I can't imagine Uniden making themselves liable for repairs on any radio that is no longer 100% Uniden.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

Status
Not open for further replies.