Chicago Lake Front Air and Water Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astro25

I was there and it was a really nice show.

Interesting how some of the CPD officers were carrying cheap-o CP200's.

The rainy part sucked, but after most of the rain got out of the way it was not bad.

chgomonitor

Silent Key
Thanks for the memories!

Another great year at the lake front. Shame about the rain on Sunday but otherwise, a fantastic weekend. My thanks to our hosts here. This forum worked well for getting the frequency news out quickly to the scanning community. I hope everyone had a good time. And, thanks to all the contributors here and especially our site researchers. If anyone has links to posted pictures feel free to post the links. See you at North Avenue or Fullerton next year.

Happy Scanning! - Ted

Astro25

chgomonitor said:
Maybe they were the detail guys, issued the Comm Direct rental radios? (469 MHz stuff).

I was thinking the same thing; however I saw some officers with them that were also near the Sears Tower and such - blocks away from the event. Mebey they were just rentals in place of actual radios that were out for repair? Not really sure. :confused:

W8GFF

Thanks, Joe.

Did you record all the comms at Dayton in '03? If so, wow! I'm still doing Dayton and I love to monitor the military teams when they're on - particularly the Blues and Thunderbirds.

Thanks for the nice comments. I'm having a great time in my job. I wasn't doing it full-time then. Now it's my primary job.

What radios do you use?

Rob

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Actually, i meant video taped the show. But i put a little lapel mic up to the speaker to get as much comms as i could. Back then i was pretty much using the KISS method and i only had a BC-250D (that i no longer have) so my brain wouldn't explode. I ran into some of the more advanced "wagon guys" and was awed by their set up.

Not to stray too much from the topic of this forum, Chicago folks you guys and gals are so lucky. I don't expect to see a Raptor demo at an airshow near me anytime soon. It'll more than likely be 40 years old before that thing gets near Tennessee for an airshow. I'll be traveling to Nellis next year for the Aviation Nation airshow so i'd better see one there.

Status
Not open for further replies.