brndnstffrd

can you still hear troop e on the rs197 scanner
Yes, source being I have one going next to me as I type this. The scanner is the same as the PSR600, and is the mobile version of the Pro106 and GRE PSR500, so info you read relating to those applies here as well.

You will be able receive Troop E and the other troops as long as the talkgroups stay regular phase 1 p25. If/when they switch to TDMA, aka phase 2, you will not be able to receive them. If you are looking at the RR database and wondering which talkgroups are receivable, any of the talkgroups listed with the mode as D will work (exceptions being De, which is part time encryption and will only work when transmitting in the clear, and DE which is full time encryption). The talkgroups that will not work with a regular p25 non phase 2 scanner such as these are the ones with the mode listed as T, as the scanner will not do TDMA voice.

Schoolcop

BTW, I've seen a 15902. I think that might be Groton Long Point.
I believe Groton Long Point Police are on Groton towns main talk group. The officer in GLPPD are identified on the town radio by their badge number. Talk group 10592 Could be the City of Groton Police. They were supposed to go on the CSERN system. I still however still here the City of Groton Police on their VHF high band Freq. Maybe that was City of Groton police testing on the CSERN system you heard.

snowscout

I believe Groton Long Point Police are on Groton towns main talk group. The officer in GLPPD are identified on the town radio by their badge number. Talk group 10592 Could be the City of Groton Police. They were supposed to go on the CSERN system. I still however still here the City of Groton Police on their VHF high band Freq. Maybe that was City of Groton police testing on the CSERN system you heard.

1. 15901 is Town of Groton and I saw briefly 15902 which I'm assuming is GLP. This was before the "big announcement" that the City was joining CSERN too! A couple of weeks ago.

2. Town Police are dispatched and called on duty by their badge numbers. I have no Idea how GLP does this but I know for a fact that the Town has always done that with the exception of the Captain, Lieutenant, Sargent and Detectives who are called "over the air" "Charlie", "Lima", "Sierra" and "Delta".

3. 10592. I have never seen this designation. All I know concerning the City Police is that by the end of the Summer or mid Fall the latest, they should be online on CSERN.

WoodburyMan

If any of the Radio Engineers monitor here for the new system. Can you raise the Gain a bit for Troop H Simulcast. Troop H is alot lower then all the other troops I hear on this Site. Except the buses who are way too loud and I have them blacklisted anyways. The other troops are well good

Alec
N1AJW
Troop H was one of the first sites set up I think along with G I believe.
I've noticed this too. The CT Transit tends to be VERY loud vs the CSP groups. I usually have them avoided though as well.

Yes, source being I have one going next to me as I type this. The scanner is the same as the PSR600, and is the mobile version of the Pro106 and GRE PSR500, so info you read relating to those applies here as well.

You will be able receive Troop E and the other troops as long as the talkgroups stay regular phase 1 p25. If/when they switch to TDMA, aka phase 2, you will not be able to receive them. If you are looking at the RR database and wondering which talkgroups are receivable, any of the talkgroups listed with the mode as D will work (exceptions being De, which is part time encryption and will only work when transmitting in the clear, and DE which is full time encryption). The talkgroups that will not work with a regular p25 non phase 2 scanner such as these are the ones with the mode listed as T, as the scanner will not do TDMA voice.
Lucky for me I have a Home Patrol II, SDS100, and SDS200, all Phase II comparable when they switch on the TDMA function of Phase II and double up on the number of available channels.
It has to be turned on at the site level, no? Or is it entirely TalkGroup based?
My understanding is DSD+ and Unitrunker will not work when Phase II is turned on. Looks like I'll be setting up OP25 box sometime soon. Tutorial on Setting up OP25 for P25 Phase 2 Digital Voice Decoding

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
Troop H was one of the first sites set up I think along with G I believe.
I've noticed this too. The CT Transit tends to be VERY loud vs the CSP groups. I usually have them avoided though as well.

Lucky for me I have a Home Patrol II, SDS100, and SDS200, all Phase II comparable when they switch on the TDMA function of Phase II and double up on the number of available channels.
It has to be turned on at the site level, no? Or is it entirely TalkGroup based?
My understanding is DSD+ and Unitrunker will not work when Phase II is turned on. Looks like I'll be setting up OP25 box sometime soon. Tutorial on Setting up OP25 for P25 Phase 2 Digital Voice Decoding

Yes that's just what I did. I had zero knowledge with RTL-Dongles and OP25. took me a couple weeks working on and off on it. to get everything right. I now have it working on raspberry pi 3 B+ and broadcasting on Broadcastify once again. I didnt realize I wasnt hearing TDMA yet. its all kind of fun.

Cheeseburgers

umm Simulcast Hartford I get so little traffic now... compared to the old system. Anyone else have this issue? I am at work in Southington right off 84...
Using an SDS100 and the most recent DB from RR, written to scanner via Proscan

mkt853

umm Simulcast Hartford I get so little traffic now... compared to the old system. Anyone else have this issue? I am at work in Southington right off 84...
Using an SDS100 and the most recent DB from RR, written to scanner via Proscan
Can you get a neighboring simulcast zone, like say troop F's simulcast, and see what the traffic is like? If you can get F's simulcast you will hear pretty much non-stop activity on E, F, G, H, I, and K if you have it programmed right, at least that was my experience this weekend.

Cheeseburgers

Actually Troop I is pretty active, I can get I Simulcast from work. This sorta sucks, as I can only get H simulcast from home...and I hear significantly less on that than the old H&W Site for the SZ

cg

Premium Subscriber
It's all about the affiliations but so far today on the Troop H Simulcast I have seen
UCPD Hartford
DEEP ENCON
CSP A, B, C, H, L, H/BDL

Since there are B & L Simulcast Sites at Talcott, radios to the west may affiliate to those two cells first.

chris

Cheeseburgers

It's all about the affiliations but so far today on the Troop H Simulcast I have seen
UCPD Hartford
DEEP ENCON
CSP A, B, C, H, L, H/BDL

Since there are B & L Simulcast Sites at Talcott, radios to the west may affiliate to those two cells first.

chris
So should I just run all the sites in my area just in case?

cg

Premium Subscriber
You need to figure out what control channels you can monitor. (search the range or scan all sites)
Then decide what you hope to monitor
Then monitor the sites you can hear to get what you want.
So if you only want to hear Troop H and can get Troop H, B, and L simulcast sites, it doesn't make sense to monitor all 3. However, if you can't get Troop H Simulcast and want to monitor Troop H, you need to monitor by trial and error what other sites give you the most traffic you want to hear. There is no guarantees other than the Simulcast Site that is for the troop. There may be some that seem to hear everything but keep in mind that some troops have a small number of Troopers on duty and if there is no radios affiliated, you get nothing.

chris

Cheeseburgers

I am just listening to sites I, H, B, L and for whatever reason things seem more active on H. Also im logging everything in Proscan and I do see a fair amount of hits. I'll run it tonight from the house and see.

Simul H and L seem active from location off of Queen St.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Keep in mind that a Uniden scanner takes a certain amount of time to check the active CC for activity on the programmed TGs and then to move on even with no activity. If you are scanning 4 Sites, you may miss replies or activity on the others.

chris

Cheeseburgers

Yeah back home and I get H Simulcast and that's it..., maybe swap out the RD800 for the Rh789?