oldtimeradio

OK, thanks for the info, guess my problem is not the band plan. I'll check further.
Hi thom,
I have a BCD996P2 scanner which I have been unable to get to work on CSERN but worked on CSP 800MHz for 10 years flawlessly, and they are still selling all the OLDER Phase 2 type scanners. Tried every option in the book, and them some, with little luck. Can get it to pick a channel then no audio, drops channel and goes back to control channel. I use Proscan software on all 6 of my Uniden scanners. Their are a few people saying they got there's to work. It does work OK on my new SDS200.
I read old 2017 posts on this same issue, nothing new. Even a new firmware update recently for the 9096P2, did nothing for known problem.

for now, mike

thom

Premium Subscriber
I have to hook my 536 up to the roof top antenna to get CSERN Troop E, however, CSERN Troop F is very clear without it. I am about 4 miles from the Stones Ranch tower. Troop E should be booming in. I'm sure that the techs are still working on the Troop E site and it will change.

SVFC462

Feed Provider
Hi thom,
I have a BCD996P2 scanner which I have been unable to get to work on CSERN but worked on CSP 800MHz for 10 years flawlessly

What are you using to program? I used both freeScan & ProScan to program my scanners. I hear the old Moro system (majority of the Troops) and the new CSERN fine from Bloomfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thom

Premium Subscriber
I'm using ProScan and ARC. I have absolutely no problems receiving the present (old) CSP system, it's just the CSERN Troop E site that I need an outside antenna. The Haddam site is fine. I'm sure they'l straighten it out.

coolrich55

Hopefully when they completely finish the system it'll be as easy to monitor as the 800 system is. I've had my psr500 for 13 years and works flawlessly with it's stock antenna. The new system I barely get 30% on the control channel.

edrock

Premium Subscriber
I am looking the ct state police file code I have some file code from RadioReference.
I have some from 01 to24 there is more can some help me

Thank you
Eddie

brndnstffrd

I think he's looking for a list of the COLLECT file codes that CSP and other agencies reference when running records checks.

SVFC462

Feed Provider
Yup .. I totally read that wrong ... there isn’t much past those numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
So whenever the CT State PD is fully switched over to CSERN, does that mean that they will improve the reception and strength of it? Because as of right now, where I am currently located, I pick up Troop L, H, A, and G on the old system from home but I pick up none of CSERN at all ... :confused:

coolrich55

Same here. E C D F K all 100% signal off multiple control channels. The new system off the E site, nothing. Nobody seems to have an answer yet. Just wait and see until the full switchover happens. I'll give you an example though. I travel to Jersey once in a while. The state has two systems in use currently. The old 800 analog trunk which works 100% for me anywhere in the state I've been. Then there's the newer 700 P25 system which is a huge pain to try to monitor. Hopefully that's not how CT ends up being.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Same here. E C D F K all 100% signal off multiple control channels. The new system off the E site, nothing. Nobody seems to have an answer yet. Just wait and see until the full switchover happens. I'll give you an example though. I travel to Jersey once in a while. The state has two systems in use currently. The old 800 analog trunk which works 100% for me anywhere in the state I've been. Then there's the newer 700 P25 system which is a huge pain to try to monitor. Hopefully that's not how CT ends up being.
Hopefully not. That is scary. I can only really hear the state PD from here. If they're not listenable then that's going to be a major blow ...

seesharp15

Premium Subscriber
rich55 - what do you mean when you say that particular system is a huge pain to monitor?

darkness - what scanner are you using?