PhillyPhoto

Same for me, but DSDPlus may not be able to tell all calls are encrypted. it depends on the header and type of information. It may not be updated to fully display this correctly for CLMRN.

Yeah... I just got some Slot02 talk groups on it. So its not my programming. Most definitely encryption.

Troop H is mostly in the clear now with a few exceptions, Troop L and A are almost fully encrypted now with a few transmissions far and few between.
I'm still not convinced it's encryption necessarily. I programmed Troops F & H and BDL on the Troop H site in my Unication G5 real quick with the encrypted option checked, so if it was encrypted I should hear digital noise. While monitoring DSDPlus, I heard Troop H Dispatch (the audio seems "off" at times though) coming from the G5 but nothing on the SDS200. The G5 does go out of range after a few minutes and I have to switch channels and back for it to pick it up again.

WoodburyMan

I'm still not convinced it's encryption necessarily. I programmed Troops F & H and BDL on the Troop H site in my Unication G5 real quick with the encrypted option checked, so if it was encrypted I should hear digital noise. While monitoring DSDPlus, I heard Troop H Dispatch (the audio seems "off" at times though) coming from the G5 but nothing on the SDS200. The G5 does go out of range after a few minutes and I have to switch channels and back for it to pick it up again.
Monitoring Troop H dispatch from L Simulcast and H Simulcast almost all transmissions are still in the clear. On Troop L and A, on L and A Simulcast, I haven't heard any in the clear for almost an hour now. They may only be updating certain talk groups bit by bit after enabling TDMA. I see them flash on the scanners, and show up on DSDPlus, but the SDS moves on like its encrypted.

LD723

Im recieving eveything from site 774.05625 on sdrtrunk. Forgot the name of the site but all troops and other tg's which is all showing and decoding as phase 2 is in the clear.

WoodburyMan

Im recieving eveything from site 774.05625 on sdrtrunk. Forgot the name of the site but all troops and other tg's which is all showing and decoding as phase 2 is in the clear.
That's site 24 Troop C Simulcast.

So far the only encrypted I have seen are A, B, and L. my bet is they did Western District first, and G most likely is encrypted too. You most likely don't get those Talk Groups on Site 24 Troop C Simulcast. My bet is they'll do Central District then Eastern District at some point soon over the next few days.

licpl8man

Premium Subscriber
That's site 24 Troop C Simulcast.

So far the only encrypted I have seen are A, B, and L. my bet is they did Western District first, and G most likely is encrypted too. You most likely don't get those Talk Groups on Site 24 Troop C Simulcast. My bet is they'll do Central District then Eastern District at some point soon over the next few days.
B and G seem to be in the clear. Just heard both Troops just fine on my SDS100. Locked on A to see what happens there

licpl8man

Premium Subscriber
A is still clear as well. What are the chances they had dispatch move onto the existing TDMA secure TGs while they did whatever tinkering they had to do on the FDMA TGs? May have been the reason for the encryption. Only difference I'm currently seeing is everything is Phase 2

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
It's slowwwwww

I just started writing down the troops I am receiving.

So far:
A,B,F,G,H.I and K

still waiting on C,D,E and L

I have W locked out.

It would be nice if it was just a slow day but I read the previous couple of pages of this thread and I'm concerned.

All I have heard for the last 3 hours has been a handful of LCD dispatches.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I am hearing everyone in the clear that I normally do and all the sites I normally recieve, although the P2 audio seems to chop here and there compared to the P1 mode on my SDS100. The only encr. I am seeing is the training TG. So far I heard Troop A, E, F, G, H, I, K, L on Simulcast sites A, E, F, G, i, and K. I haven't heard C or D yet, but its only been 10 min. since I started checking.
Edit, OK Troop C clear.
Bob

Last edited:

WoodburyMan

Give it time. As radios update you'll hear more silence. The ones you're hearing are the radios that haven't updated yet. This is typical for encryption deployment. Consoles for Dispatch are first then mobile and portables slowly as their given ota updates or radio tech reprograms them. Troop L is mostly encrypted now. I'll go an hour plus between unencrypted transmissions sometimes now. H seems least affected.. In time they'll all update unless it was done by accident which I doubt.

As the next shift of csp came on some more unencrypted radios came on so there's a little more traffic.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I almost pulled the trigger on another scanner but I caught myself.

They all might become useless if CSP is your favorite thing to monitor

It's not a matter of my favorite thing so much as CSP is all I can really hear in this area and CSP handles all the PD in the area.
If this is all true then I'll be blind. Could walk right into a riot or a machete battle.

WoodburyMan

I have SDS200 monitoring A, L and I Simulcast for all CSP TG's. It's 8:05pm now. You can see the gaps, there should be less time since last transmissions. L has 1.5 hours since I heard anything in the clear. A and L are large files from recordings from before Noon or so but they have been dead since. L, G, and F seem most affected. B, A and H are least affected. You're missing transmissions though without even noticing it. I have DSDPlus and my SDS200 scanning side by side and when a encrypted call comes up the SDS sees it, then moves on because its encrypted and pauses on every scan cycle on it again while DSDPlus reports it. I've noted specific consoles and radios are the only ones broadcasting in the clear. If other scanners dont work the way the SDS series does you may not even notice besides just some transmissions not making it. Watch it on DSDPlus and your scanner and you'll see you're missing a good deal.

Over the next few days, maybe weeks, more radios and consoles will get updated and we'll hear less and less.

It makes sense they did TDMA the same time as encryption as well. All the other talk groups that are encrypted are TDMA enabled talk groups as well.

LD723

If something came up as encrypted it would be clear on my pc screen on sdrtrunk it wouldn't skip anything but tune to a channel that's transmitting in the clear but the encrypted sign for the talkgroup would still be there on the event tab. I heard a brief transmission might've been troop A or L I forget and console was clear. If the encryption header was not in for whatever reason I would've heard the garbled transmission. Sdrtrunk does a better job with p25 trunked systems than dsdplus does and I have never got false encryption statuses like I have with dsdplus with random systems. I'll do more reporting once time passes. :)