JohnO44

All cars being called in today to install new radios.
Any insight on this?
Hope its not for the “e” option.

They already have the "E" option. They just use it on a limited basis.

Radios being replaced one-by-one all this week. Our tax dollars at work...

APX7500X2

What radios are they getting?

APX6500 Mobiles and APX6000 Portables

Going on for the next 10-12 weeks or until all the cars and troopers have the new radios,, Then the switch to TDMA

Look for 4 digit IDs on the old system, That would be a New Radio, I ran trunker for 4 days and you can see them pop up

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Do I need to do anything to my HP2 or BCD325P2 or will I still pick everything up? I don't know when the last time the database for the HP2 was even updated (though I tried a couple months ago) and the 325P2 I think was last updated in 2016 or early 2017? Shortly before I moved and a lot of other things in life happened and kind of forgot about all this for a time ...

Thanks

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
Nothing yet.
There are frequencies missing from the database for some of the 700 cells but, with the exception of CTTransit, they are mostly running traffic that is on the old 800 system. A few cells will reuse the 800 frequencies but in full P25 mode.
Troops D, K, B, & L still need to be turned on I think (plus all standalones).
Some of the original P25 cells may see some frequencies change or get added to but I think there will not be much different with those.
The ones running now are A, C, E, F, G, H, & I

chris

leadjammer

Do I need to do anything to my HP2 or BCD325P2 or will I still pick everything up? I don't know when the last time the database for the HP2 was even updated (though I tried a couple months ago) and the 325P2 I think was last updated in 2016 or early 2017? Shortly before I moved and a lot of other things in life happened and kind of forgot about all this for a time ...

Thanks
I have an HP 1 and a 436 HP and the RR database is updated weekly. Are you running the Sentinel Software? Not sure how the BCD325 is updated. Free Scan maybe. Too bad about your SD100. Very expensive, lots of bells and whistles but a lousy job scanning. Not good. Glad you returned it.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I have an HP 1 and a 436 HP and the RR database is updated weekly. Are you running the Sentinel Software? Not sure how the BCD325 is updated. Free Scan maybe. Too bad about your SD100. Very expensive, lots of bells and whistles but a lousy job scanning. Not good. Glad you returned it.

I use sentinal to check for firmware and database updates. It hasn't done either in forever.

The bcd325p2 would have to be done with freeSCAN.

I will try it again since I dont want to not hear the state PD and I assume both of those scanners will still be able to hear everything on p25 ...

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I use sentinal to check for firmware and database updates. It hasn't done either in forever.

I will try it again since I dont want to not hear the state PD and I assume both of those scanners will still be able to hear everything on p25 ...
Sentinel gets weekly database updates every Monday from the RRDB. The CSERN system data was updated in November 2018, and the CTSP SmartZone system data was updated in May 2018. Good practice is to keep databases up to date, but beyond that to analyse the database changes to see if they will affect your programming. Simply updating the Sentinel database will NOT change active programming in the radio itself.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Sentinel gets weekly database updates every Monday from the RRDB. The CSERN system data was updated in November 2018, and the CTSP SmartZone system data was updated in May 2018. Good practice is to keep databases up to date, but beyond that to analyse the database changes to see if they will affect your programming. Simply updating the Sentinel database will NOT change active programming in the radio itself.

I just use the ZIP code feature on one of them.

I guess one of these snow days I should go on and double check to make sure I update everything and that it's all coming in.

I am hearing SOME CSERN on the 325p2 but not much, and the HP2 is silent on CSERN so it likely needs some fine tuning. As far as I can tell both scanners should still work with these changes listed in this thread.

Last edited:

leadjammer

Remember you still have to load the new data base into the scanner. Using the zip code feature will keep searching the old database until the new update is sent to the scanner. I try to do it once a month on both scanners and that keeps everything updated. Just update the software and send the new info to the scanner using the usb cable.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Remember you still have to load the new data base into the scanner. Using the zip code feature will keep searching the old database until the new update is sent to the scanner. I try to do it once a month on both scanners and that keeps everything updated. Just update the software and send the new info to the scanner using the usb cable.

Good point. I will have to re-lock out the frequencies I don't want but it'll be worth it.

leadjammer

Good point. I will have to re-lock out the frequencies I don't want but it'll be worth it.
I have a favorites list of about 225 frequencies that I listen to all the time and rarely scan the entire full data base. That avoids all that locking out. Once in a while I will listen to the full data base if I feel like searching out some new frequencies. You can use the Sentinel software to make your favorites list. Its pretty easy and then write them to the scanner when you do your updates.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I have a favorites list of about 225 frequencies that I listen to all the time and rarely scan the entire full data base. That avoids all that locking out. Once in a while I will listen to the full data base if I feel like searching out some new frequencies. You can use the Sentinel software to make your favorites list. Its pretty easy and then write them to the scanner when you do your updates.
I heard a couple of new frequencies today. One of them was on a CT FastTrack code and the other was a Stamford i3 or something. I am assuming that both of them are actually reassigned so I will have to do those updates listed earlier in this thread to get the proper IDs. One of them sounded like a legitimate fasttrack or CTTransit channel but the other one sounded like a CT State Police transmission even though it was labelled as CT FastTrack .